Sponsored by:

Fender Rolling

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 03-24-2008, 02:11 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
08 CLK63 BS
Fender Rolling

Ok, this might sound like a stupid question, but I'm thinking about getting the widest wheels possible for better grip and a deeper lip. In light of my new ambition, I took a look at my fenders to estimate how much wider I can go before I'll have rubbing issues. In the process, I noticed that my fenders are already rolled.

Now for the stupid question: Do the fenders on the E55 come "pre-rolled" or did the person who owned it before me get them rolled? ( I'm assuming it's a custom job but I figured I'd ask anyway...)

Also, I currently have 19x8.5 Front and 19x9.5 Rear. And being that they are already rolled as much as possible, does anyone know how wide I can expect to go with 20s before I start having rubbing issues? Thanks.
Old 03-24-2008, 02:28 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Several MB's Superperformance MK III Cobra
Originally Posted by slacker55
Ok, this might sound like a stupid question, but I'm thinking about getting the widest wheels possible for better grip and a deeper lip. In light of my new ambition, I took a look at my fenders to estimate how much wider I can go before I'll have rubbing issues. In the process, I noticed that my fenders are already rolled.

Now for the stupid question: Do the fenders on the E55 come "pre-rolled" or did the person who owned it before me get them rolled? ( I'm assuming it's a custom job but I figured I'd ask anyway...)

Also, I currently have 19x8.5 Front and 19x9.5 Rear. And being that they are already rolled as much as possible, does anyone know how wide I can expect to go with 20s before I start having rubbing issues? Thanks.
The fenders on the E55 are rolled from the factory.
Old 03-24-2008, 02:42 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Received 207 Likes on 157 Posts
'03 E55, Range Rover Sport Supercharged, Ducati 748R
yes, the e55 comes pre-rolled.

typically, you can go 10" wide rims with 285 tires with no problems. if your car is not lowered you could get away with 295's if the offset is perfect and the planets and stars are aligned.
Old 03-24-2008, 02:49 PM

08 CLK63 BS
Originally Posted by chiromikey
yes, the e55 comes pre-rolled.

typically, you can go 10" wide rims with 285 tires with no problems. if your car is not lowered you could get away with 295's if the offset is perfect and the planets and stars are aligned.
Thanks for the info. I guess it wasn't such a stupid question after all. But let's say I wanted to go 10 in the front and 11 in the back, is there a specific offset that can make that possible (assuming the planets and stars are happened to be aligned)? Would a solar eclipse help? jk
Old 03-24-2008, 03:16 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Received 207 Likes on 157 Posts
'03 E55, Range Rover Sport Supercharged, Ducati 748R
Originally Posted by slacker55
Thanks for the info. I guess it wasn't such a stupid question after all. But let's say I wanted to go 10 in the front and 11 in the back, is there a specific offset that can make that possible (assuming the planets and stars are happened to be aligned)? Would a solar eclipse help? jk
to be honest, the only people i know of that have successfully gone wider have had a body shop widen the fenders.
Old 03-24-2008, 06:19 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

2005 E55
Originally Posted by chiromikey
to be honest, the only people i know of that have successfully gone wider have had a body shop widen the fenders.
Yup, orr have them shave the fenders.