W211 AMG Discuss the W211 AMG's such as the E55 and the E63

Car broke down after fuel recall work!!! Could it get any worse...yes!

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 03-31-2008, 05:10 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
A slow Tahoe!
Car broke down after fuel recall work!!! Could it get any worse...yes!

I picked up my car last Tuesday and drove it home which is about 12 miles from my house, all went well. Friday afternoon I get in it and drive four blocks from my house it knocks off like it ran out of gas. Luckily I was at a stop light on an incline; I tried to crank it a few times to no avail. I put it in neutral and rolled back down the hill next to the curb in front of this shopping center and called the dealership. My SA gives me Roadside Assistance number and I call them, while I'm on the phone with them a lady with the landscaping crew working for the shopping center comes up behind my car with a sidewalk edger and throws rocks on the side of my car. I couldn't believed the luck I was having that day.........did I run over a kitten last week that I'm not aware of???? I jumped out of my car, hung up on RA, and asked the lady what F**k are doing, couldn't you see my car sitting here? (See attached photo) The only thing she would say was she was sorry but she had to get her job done. If it wasn't a lady I would've thrown the edger across the parking lot. Yes the rocks did ding my car. I got the name and number of the owner of the landscaper and he agreed to pay for the damage. I may try to buff it out myself, I'll look at it closer when I get it back Tuesday.

The dealership called today and said they found a fuel pump wire that had came loose, and that it was ready for pick up. I told them I didn't drop it off so they could bring it back to were they picked it up, to my surprise they agreed and my car with be delivered Tuesday afternoon to my house. Sometimes it doesn't hurt to ask does it? Guys be aware, if your cars knocks off it's probably just that wire, but don't park it anywhere near landscapers.
Attached Thumbnails Car broke down after fuel recall work!!! Could it get any worse...yes!-080328_130208.jpg  
Old 03-31-2008, 05:20 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts
C63, Grigio Medio E46 M3
Terrrible... I hate when your driving by a place that there blowing leaves, or something, and the guy just looks at you and continues to blow the **** at your car... No respect!! Makes me wanna get out the car and beat them with the blower!!! anyways, hope you can get the chips, or dings out without having to paint anything!!
Old 03-31-2008, 06:04 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

211 E55(sold) & 80cc shifter kart
I'm broke down on the street and
My SA gives me Roadside Assistance number and I call them

thanks jack off maybe you could of just handled it for me instead of passing the buck! since your my SA!
Old 03-31-2008, 06:20 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

06 EuroElites E55
Originally Posted by E55BKS
I picked up my car last Tuesday and drove it home which is about 12 miles from my house, all went well. Friday afternoon I get in it and drive four blocks from my house it knocks off like it ran out of gas. Luckily I was at a stop light on an incline; I tried to crank it a few times to no avail. I put it in neutral and rolled back down the hill next to the curb in front of this shopping center and called the dealership. My SA gives me Roadside Assistance number and I call them, while I'm on the phone with them a lady with the landscaping crew working for the shopping center comes up behind my car with a sidewalk edger and throws rocks on the side of my car. I couldn't believed the luck I was having that day.........did I run over a kitten last week that I'm not aware of???? I jumped out of my car, hung up on RA, and asked the lady what F**k are doing, couldn't you see my car sitting here? (See attached photo) The only thing she would say was she was sorry but she had to get her job done. If it wasn't a lady I would've thrown the edger across the parking lot. Yes the rocks did ding my car. I got the name and number of the owner of the landscaper and he agreed to pay for the damage. I may try to buff it out myself, I'll look at it closer when I get it back Tuesday.

The dealership called today and said they found a fuel pump wire that had came loose, and that it was ready for pick up. I told them I didn't drop it off so they could bring it back to were they picked it up, to my surprise they agreed and my car with be delivered Tuesday afternoon to my house. Sometimes it doesn't hurt to ask does it? Guys be aware, if your cars knocks off it's probably just that wire, but don't park it anywhere near landscapers.
Wow that is a bad day bro! I must say you have better control than I do cuzz I would of at the very least broke her edger and seriously though about smacking her! If it was a guy 100% for sure beat down!
People just have no damm respect!
Im glad at least your car runs now.
Old 04-01-2008, 09:54 AM

A slow Tahoe!
Originally Posted by ROCKETW19
Wow that is a bad day bro! I must say you have better control than I do cuzz I would of at the very least broke her edger and seriously though about smacking her! If it was a guy 100% for sure beat down!
People just have no damm respect!
Im glad at least your car runs now.
Thanks Rock, I hope they deliver it sometime today. From now on if I get another recall letter I'm having MB come pick the car up, it's there problem they can come get it and bring it back.