W211 AMG Discuss the W211 AMG's such as the E55 and the E63

Need Firepower!

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 04-02-2008, 07:11 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
2004 E55
Need Firepower!

I have an 04 E55 and am experiencing symptoms similar to others have had with this car in the form of performance loss and supercharger chirp/rough engagement. I have brought it to the dealer 4 times and they keep telling me nothing is wrong and that the chirp is normal and MB wont pay(even after seeing the dyno numbers and hearing the chirp). They are refusing to fix the issues. I have been up the management chain to little avail. My next shot is the head honcho tomorrow along with one of their techs. What I am looking for is some ammo to help my war; in the form of repair orders for those that have gotten the pump and/or SC clutch replaced under warranty. If you don't have that, at least the particulars of the repair; i.e. which dealer, when, mileage, etc.

My MB warranty expired, but not before it was in the dealer 3 times for this problem, so bringing to another dealer and having MB cover it is probably out of the question. I have an extended warranty but feel vehemently that they should pay for this since I had been complaining months before it expired. For this same reason, I would rather not get the Johnson pump. They need to honor their warranty!

I am looking to make this the be-all/end-all thread for those of us who are having problems getting it fixed to have some weight with the dealer all in one place (as opposed to printing 50 different threads and trying to sort through them) so if you could keep this one as strictly facts, it would be appreciated (maybe even make this one a sticky if it gets good).

My Dyno numbers in this thread

https://mbworld.org/forums/showthrea...573&highlight=

352 Max HP, 401 Max Torque

Thanks to all who reply!

Last edited by david_d23; 04-03-2008 at 11:00 AM.
Old 04-03-2008, 09:50 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
2004 E55
Man, you can hear a pin drop on this thread...

Anyways, the head honcho guy called me and told me that from one of my previous diagnostics, they noticed the IAT were high and this would indicate a bad pump, so they are replacing the pump and the IAT Temp Sensor under warranty. Finally, some action on this! It behooves me as to why they didn't fix it the 1st, 2nd, 3rd, or 4th time around, but at this point, I'll take what I can get.

As for the chirp, he tells me they cannot get it paid for by MB, so they are not going to replace. He says this is normal for this car and there is a DTB that says not to replace and MB will not pay for repair. By the way, I have access to all the DTB's and cannot find one saying not to replace. I mention that there is overwhelming documentation on this forum of others getting it replaced and mention DTB P-B-09.50/25. He looks it up and says it is for the AC compressor clutch, not the supercharger. HUH?! So, I disagree and he tells me he will look into it further and call me back tomorrow. So, we'll see what happens. I got the DTB from eautorepair.net (best car manuals out there that I have found for any car) and have attached the ones for the pump problem and the SC noise.

I would still like to keep this one alive and see if I and others can still benefit from this thread. So, for all of you that were on the cusp of replying, don't let this new information stop you. By all means, feel free to contribute. In many cases, it's us against them and the deck is stacked in their favor. We need to make sure that we can beat them at their own game.