W211 AMG Discuss the W211 AMG's such as the E55 and the E63
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

New to MB (lookng for advice/information)

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 04-02-2008, 10:36 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
E55 AMG
New to MB (lookng for advice/information)

I purchased my first MB vehicle about a week ago and I LOVE IT!!!!

I have a 2004 E55 AMG.

As many of you already know, the stock wheels have issues with cracking. One of the stock rims has had a small crack welded closed. Instead of spendng 400 + dollars on one rim, I would like to purchase a whole new set of rims. Ths leads me to ask a few questions.

I would like to stay with 18 inch rims unless there is a solid/vaild reason to got to 19's or 20's.

1. What is the max width rim that will fit on the front and back without having to make any modifications to bodywork? I would also like to know specific offset so i have no rub issues with the car lowered or raised.

2. Will any other modifications have to be done to the car in order to make all systems work?

3. Anything else I might not be aware of that may affect the normal function of the vehicle.

Any and all help is greatly appreciated. Thanks in advance.
Attached Thumbnails New to MB (lookng for advice/information)-auto.jpg  
Old 04-02-2008, 10:54 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
08 CLK63 BS
Originally Posted by njnelson
I purchased my first MB vehicle about a week ago and I LOVE IT!!!!

I have a 2004 E55 AMG.

As many of you already know, the stock wheels have issues with cracking. One of the stock rims has had a small crack welded closed. Instead of spendng 400 + dollars on one rim, I would like to purchase a whole new set of rims. Ths leads me to ask a few questions.

I would like to stay with 18 inch rims unless there is a solid/vaild reason to got to 19's or 20's.

1. What is the max width rim that will fit on the front and back without having to make any modifications to bodywork? I would also like to know specific offset so i have no rub issues with the car lowered or raised.

2. Will any other modifications have to be done to the car in order to make all systems work?

3. Anything else I might not be aware of that may affect the normal function of the vehicle.

Any and all help is greatly appreciated. Thanks in advance.
I would go with 19s because they just look alot better than the stock 18s. You don't even need anything fancy...even if you just get the stock 19" CLS wheels from ebay or something, it will do really enhance the look of your car. Look at the picture below...

Old 04-03-2008, 12:32 AM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
1989 Toyota Tercel EZ - dyno'd @ 70whp/77wtq
Welcome....

1. Some people go w/ 10.5 rear.... not sure what tire size you need to get... all I know 10 w/ 275 is not my cup of tea.... let alone 10.5. Stockies' are 8.5 ET31 front & 9.5 ET38 rear. SL wheels should be OK.... CL or S class won't work... not 100% about CLS wheels.

2. Not sure what you ask here.... you mean rolling the fenders?

3. Yeah..... police due to speeding.