Advice on fixing some problems with my 04 e55

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 04-08-2008, 09:05 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
08 CLK63 BS
Advice on fixing some problems with my 04 e55

Hey guys,

My cars in the shop right now for some mods. But I insisted that they fix some existing problems before I start modding. 3 annoying problems that I'm hoping some of you might be able to help me with are:

1) Clicking sound when lowering and raising the car - Has anyone experienced this?

2) Vibration and sqeaking sound when pressing and depressing the brakes - I was told that the vibration is normal, but even when the car is not moving, I get this wierd squeaking sound along with the vibration. Does anyone have any idea what might be causing this?

3) Creeking sound from the rear on stop and go - I get this wierd creeking sound when accelerating from a standstill ( e.g. stop sign, traffic light, etc ). Doesn't happen when I'm going fast. Only when it first starts moving. Mechanic can't seem to figure out what's causing this. Anyone have any ideas as to what might cause this creeking sound?

Any tips or suggestions would be appreciated. Thanks!
Old 04-08-2008, 09:20 PM

2004 E55
1) I get some noise when raising and lowering my car as well, but not necessarily a clicking sound. I just figured it was normal, considering what the car is doing. I doubt there is much to it, just a downside of having adjustable ride height I guess.

2) Vibration while braking is usually linked to wheel alignment, balancing, etc. The brake squeak you mentioned may just be what so many of us experience. Apparently it was an option that none of us realized we paid extra for when buying our AMG!!! Ridiculous and embarrassing, but, at least according to my SA, its normal and there is no permanent fix.

3) You're on your own with this one. If your mechanic couldn't find it, try a body shop. Back when I used to mess with body kits, etc I would deal this type of thing all the time and my body guy had special tools to find the source of body rattle.

Gluck...if its any consolation we all have things that "drive us ape-*%@^" about or e55s (btw...see the thread on this, if you havent already).
Old 04-08-2008, 09:35 PM

08 CLK63 BS
Originally Posted by efivefiveamg
1) I get some noise when raising and lowering my car as well, but not necessarily a clicking sound. I just figured it was normal, considering what the car is doing. I doubt there is much to it, just a downside of having adjustable ride height I guess.

2) Vibration while braking is usually linked to wheel alignment, balancing, etc. The brake squeak you mentioned may just be what so many of us experience. Apparently it was an option that none of us realized we paid extra for when buying our AMG!!! Ridiculous and embarrassing, but, at least according to my SA, its normal and there is no permanent fix.

3) You're on your own with this one. If your mechanic couldn't find it, try a body shop. Back when I used to mess with body kits, etc I would deal this type of thing all the time and my body guy had special tools to find the source of body rattle.

Gluck...if its any consolation we all have things that "drive us ape-*%@^" about or e55s (btw...see the thread on this, if you havent already).

Thanks for the feedback. Well I told them that I'm not going to start modding the car until these "mickey mouse bullsh*t problems" are fixed. It seems that most mechanics wouldn't give me the time of day if I were to present them with things like this. So hopefully they will provide an incentive.

As for the brake squeaking, I'm aware that the pads tend to squeak. But this happens when the car ISN'T moving. That's the bizarre part of it. So I'm not sure if it's somethign wrong with the electronics or what...
Old 04-09-2008, 11:57 AM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts
C63, Grigio Medio E46 M3
the vibration in the brake pedal is due to the SBC pump im told..My car does this also.. Happens when the car is parked, and you apply the brakes sometimes..

The clicking or squeeking sound while the cars raising might just be the air bladders filling up..
Old 04-09-2008, 01:59 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

04 E55
1) Clicking is normal...
2) Vibration is exactly that...SBC pump even when car is off...
3) Creaking
Old 04-09-2008, 02:23 PM

08 CLK63 BS
Thanks for all the feedback guys. Well I'm still going to try to get these things fixed since the shop seems to be patient enough to really try to fix them before the modding begins.

The shop modding my car also has very close ties with a local dealership, which is helpful...