W211 AMG Discuss the W211 AMG's such as the E55 and the E63
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Recommendations for Best Detail shop in NY/Lower CT area.

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 04-10-2008, 03:07 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
E63, SL 550 Sport,C63 Coupe On the Way!!
Recommendations for Best Detail shop in NY/Lower CT area.

Well I asked this same question months back and I read on other boards that the best guys around is this shop on Long Island called Detailing Dynamics. My issue is the distance I live near Greenwich Ct and it’s a major hike out to this guys shop. I don’t have the time plus he said he will need 1 week with the car. Flatbed will charge me $1000 round trip which is insane.

I am looking to get my 2003 Porsche 911 RUF RGT done and my 2007 Range Rover both black cars I am more concerned with my Porsche since the original owner didn’t take care of the car. My 996 is a Cabriolet and is a full RUF RGT conversion by RUF Auto center. Lots of parts are freshly painted but the doors and quarter panels have terrible swirls and I rather not repaint the car for resale value. I spoke with detailing dynamics and they guarantee they can “fix” my paint for good.

There has to be another source near my area which is why I am posting this. I would like to use a shop that uses similar techniques as detailing dynamics. I am tired of getting it done with shops who use all “fillers” which make the car look good for a few days then like crap on the next car wash.
Old 04-10-2008, 03:13 PM

Received 36 Likes on 30 Posts
2006 E55
I would do some calling around on this. Often, larger, well reputable body shops will do details too. The main concern you need to have is finding out if anyone at the shop is good working with black paint. If they have someone who knows what they are doing I would take it there - whith the expectation set up-front of "no swirl marks".

Next- and if you really want to step-up - have your car (or cars) "rubbed-out" which will make them shine like glass. They use very find sandpaper to do this (and a very common process). There is a member with a silver SL55 on the board (best looking SL on the planet, too) that did it to his and it shines like glass...

TK
Old 04-10-2008, 03:17 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
E63, SL 550 Sport,C63 Coupe On the Way!!
I asked a few shops who do paintwork for Miller Motorcars they dont have the time to spend on this, new cars arent that bad or ones that are not driven much. I dont know how the paint on Porsche cars are to wet sand I tried that years ago on my BMW and it was a mistake. I get the Porsche done local for $150 a shot and it loks great but they are not fixing the paint as detailing dynamics explained. I dont know whats involved or how this is done but after using the drop top today its killing me I got to get this done ASAP