Sponsored by:

Lowering Question

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 04-19-2008, 01:27 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
2007 S550 (S65 Package)
Lowering Question

Alright guys i need to lower my car a little bit more in the rear. i tried the washers for the front and that worked fine. and then for the rear we moved the sensor in the back but it doesnt lower it. then sometimes itll look like its lowered in the back and then ill take it for a drive and when i park it its sitting with like a 2 1/2in gap. it looks like a 4x4 sometimes. i then tried to lower it via STAR but it doesnt lower in the rear and the front works fine. so i dont know what to do and it bothers the hell out of me. i was thinking about doing the links that they sell, the ones that we could install by ourselves, it takes like 30 minutes. Do you guys have any thoughts on this issue--why the rear doesnt want to lower and where i can get the links for a good deal.
Old 04-19-2008, 01:44 PM

2013 CLS63 2004 S55
With the front lowered and lip spoiler, how often do you scrape? Others? Just park a mile back from curbs/parking blocks?
Old 04-19-2008, 02:03 PM

2007 S550 (S65 Package)
Originally Posted by NGS_E55
With the front lowered and lip spoiler, how often do you scrape? Others? Just park a mile back from curbs/parking blocks?
I dont scrape at all unless i get careless and just go straight down when leaving from the parking lot. other than that i dont scrape, ive had a lip kit lower to the ground on my 5 series and got practice off that .
i dont understand the next part of your post. i wanted to know if anybody had any advice getting the lowering links or why my car wont lower in the back. sorry if i dont understand your post.
Old 04-19-2008, 07:10 PM
Out Of Control!!

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts
2015 S212
I'm curious what you8 did to the rear. If you dremeled the hole into a slot, you must be very careful to do it in the right direction. An easier way is to simply grab that bracket that the sensor is mounted to and twist it UP (towards the body). It barely needs to move to make huge differences and they hold.

If you use adjustables in the rear, you can even get OEM MB ones that came off of the Older S class.
Old 04-19-2008, 07:14 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

2003 E55
could there be a problem with the rear sensor?
does the rear rise when you push the raise button? Have someone outside the car watch as you go through the settings with the engine running and doors closed.
Old 04-19-2008, 11:59 PM
Out Of Control!!

2015 S212
The sensors can go bad, but I wouldn't jump the gun. the rear is real touchy when using the RennTech ELM. It doesn't sit just right if there is anything funcky up front. What I mean is that if you confuse the module by dropping one front too much, the rear will spike up like it wants it doggy style. I've been through LOTS of troubleshooting, only to find out the front was slightly off on one side.
Old 04-20-2008, 03:21 AM

2007 S550 (S65 Package)
I'll try to see if the back highers when I press the button but with the sensor I thought that the links from the s class only lowers the front. And my cousin did the drilling and he fur his and it worked fine but by car just doesn't want to work. He can I find out if the sensor I'd bad or not?
Old 04-20-2008, 10:14 AM
Out Of Control!!

2015 S212
It is risky, but you can loosen the sensor and "move" it to see if the car reacts. If it doesn't it is dead. Also, you could be smart and test it. I took mine into the dealer and they just replaced the fronts.
Old 04-20-2008, 03:15 PM

2007 S550 (S65 Package)
Originally Posted by jangy
It is risky, but you can loosen the sensor and "move" it to see if the car reacts. If it doesn't it is dead. Also, you could be smart and test it. I took mine into the dealer and they just replaced the fronts.
Yeah but my fronts are not the problem. And how much would they charge me cuz I don't have warranty. Plus I don't feel like going to the Sacramento mb dealer they have no idea what they are doing. I remember one time that my car wouldn't shift out of 1 and just go into second and they told me that that's what the car does. I was so displeased. But again using star the front lowers and when we try an use the star for the rear of the car we set it and when we press enter on the machine to keep the settings it goes back to the height that it was at originally.
Old 04-20-2008, 08:06 PM

2007 S550 (S65 Package)
Originally Posted by OzE55
could there be a problem with the rear sensor?
does the rear rise when you push the raise button? Have someone outside the car watch as you go through the settings with the engine running and doors closed.
the rear and the front both higher and lower when I press the button so what does that mean?
Old 04-20-2008, 09:12 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

2003 E55
the sensor and the airmatic work fine if it goes up and down. Perhaps you moved the rear sensor the wrong way. check up un a lift or sturdy ramps.
Old 04-20-2008, 09:54 PM

2007 S550 (S65 Package)
Originally Posted by OzE55
the sensor and the airmatic work fine if it goes up and down. Perhaps you moved the rear sensor the wrong way. check up un a lift or sturdy ramps.
can someone post a pic of what it should look like please