Stock CL65 1/4 Mile Runs - Time Slips

Very IMPRESSIVE Times And Trap Speeds
Old 05-25-2008, 01:46 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts
Your worst nightmare...
Originally Posted by MB_Forever
Very IMPRESSIVE Times And Trap Speeds
Thanks, now If I could only hook a little better that would be a killer. I wil post slips in dragtimes, I think I am 2nd fastest...not bad, lol!!
Old 05-25-2008, 02:34 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

2007 CLS63 030
Originally Posted by V12Godspeed
Thanks, now If I could only hook a little better that would be a killer. I wil post slips in dragtimes, I think I am 2nd fastest...not bad, lol!!
My goodness JB your killing it man......Oh I will just roll out to the track and run 11.X and be #2 on Drag times!!!!!! Oh Yeah " I need to improve my awful 1.7x 60 ft times LOL!!!!!!!! SUCKERRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRR

Dammmit man Im dyin over here, I just bathed my kid, she pees on me soon as I get her out, ever see the movie Mr. Mom???? I was gunna race today but I would never hear the end of it . I guess I will just wait till the West Coast invasion tour? I would love to do MIR ATCO and NED , man o man o man............
Old 05-25-2008, 03:42 PM
Administrator

Received 796 Likes on 495 Posts
2020 Audi R8 V10, 2016 AMG GTS, 2018 E63S Edition 1, 2018 Porsche GTS Cab, 2012 C63 BS
Well Jody I am glad your project is finally underway.

Nice numbers too.
Old 05-25-2008, 10:16 PM
SGC

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
2006 CL65
Great runs Jody.
Old 05-25-2008, 10:23 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Your worst nightmare...
Originally Posted by juicee63
My goodness JB your killing it man......Oh I will just roll out to the track and run 11.X and be #2 on Drag times!!!!!! Oh Yeah " I need to improve my awful 1.7x 60 ft times LOL!!!!!!!! SUCKERRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRR

Dammmit man Im dyin over here, I just bathed my kid, she pees on me soon as I get her out, ever see the movie Mr. Mom???? I was gunna race today but I would never hear the end of it . I guess I will just wait till the West Coast invasion tour? I would love to do MIR ATCO and NED , man o man o man............
Hahahah, babysitting arent we? it's all good. Wish you could make it to MIR in November, that will be the big showdown. From now to then I should manage a 1.6 60 footer, get ready, lol!!
Old 05-25-2008, 10:25 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Your worst nightmare...
Originally Posted by Vic55
Well Jody I am glad your project is finally underway.

Nice numbers too.
Thanks Vic! Havent done much to her though, lol! I will keep her stock for a while. Lets see what she lays stock, I am sure I could do a bit better.
Old 05-25-2008, 10:26 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Your worst nightmare...
Originally Posted by SGC
Great runs Jody.
Thanks Steve!, How is your beast doing? I sent you a text the other day, didn't hear from you. Did you get it? if so, What you think?
Old 05-25-2008, 11:22 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

2007 CLS63 030
Thanks Steve!, How is your beast doing? I sent you a text the other day, didn't hear from you. Did you get it? if so, What you think?
I just added Steve to the Worlds fastest Benzo list
Old 05-26-2008, 11:33 AM

Received 8 Likes on 8 Posts
2014 E63, Cobra replica, 68 Camaro, 66 Chevy II SS, Z4 BMW, Honda Element, Birel 125cc Shifter Kart.
NHRA specs call for a roll bar on any car running 11.99 or quicker which many tracks don't enforce or they wouldn't see a lot of the street cars available nowadays. If it's a convertible, it's 12.99. Obviously, these specs were implemented when 11 second factory stock cars didn't exist.

Expect to pay a hefty price for installation in your Benz if you can even find a reputable company to do it. Many race shops will not install roll bars or cages in street legal cars for liability reasons. If your not wearing a helmet and a harness and crash on the street with a roll bar, chances are the roll bar will cause more injuries than it will prevent.

As for bolting it in and out...forget it. Each "point" of the bar MUST be bolted to 6" x 6" plates sandwiching the floor with a minnimum of four 3/8" grade 8 bolts. Also, how do you propose to get a welded roll bar though the door? YOU CAN'T BOLT THE TUBES TOGETHER. LMAO!

My company has installed hundreds of roll bars in the past 25 years. WE WILL NOT EVEN CONSIDER PUTTING ONE IN A STREET CAR.

The whole issue is a real problem for the NHRA Their current rules prevent most all of today's high performance cars from legally going down the track.
Old 05-26-2008, 04:27 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Your worst nightmare...
Originally Posted by speedpeddler
NHRA specs call for a roll bar on any car running 11.99 or quicker which many tracks don't enforce or they wouldn't see a lot of the street cars available nowadays. If it's a convertible, it's 12.99. Obviously, these specs were implemented when 11 second factory stock cars didn't exist.

Expect to pay a hefty price for installation in your Benz if you can even find a reputable company to do it. Many race shops will not install roll bars or cages in street legal cars for liability reasons. If your not wearing a helmet and a harness and crash on the street with a roll bar, chances are the roll bar will cause more injuries than it will prevent.

As for bolting it in and out...forget it. Each "point" of the bar MUST be bolted to 6" x 6" plates sandwiching the floor with a minnimum of four 3/8" grade 8 bolts. Also, how do you propose to get a welded roll bar though the door? YOU CAN'T BOLT THE TUBES TOGETHER. LMAO!

My company has installed hundreds of roll bars in the past 25 years. WE WILL NOT EVEN CONSIDER PUTTING ONE IN A STREET CAR.

The whole issue is a real problem for the NHRA Their current rules prevent most all of today's high performance cars from legally going down the track.
Thank you for your post, It was just an idea. Let's not get carried away, lol. private rentals it will be for me then. In the streets I don't race, so don't see the need for it to be used outside the track. Thanks.
Old 05-26-2008, 04:47 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

2007 CLS63 030
Originally Posted by speedpeddler

"When do I need a roll bar or roll cage, and what should it look like?
A roll bar is required in any convertible running 13.49 seconds or quicker in the quarter mile, and in other cars beginning at 11.49. The roll bar is accepted in vehicles running as quick as 10.00 second e.t., provided the stock firewall and floorboard is intact, other than for installation of wheel tubs. The rollbar must be constructed of minimum 1 ¾ inch o.d. x .118 inch wall mild steel tubing, or 1 ¾ x .083 chrome moly tubing,"

http://www.nhra.com/contacts/tech_faq.html
Old 05-27-2008, 09:12 AM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
E55
Congrats!

Nice times Jody! Now its time for some mods..
Old 05-27-2008, 10:11 AM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Received 5 Likes on 5 Posts
R35 GT-R, EvoX
WOW, amazing times Jody! Sick car and awesome driving bro! I hope to make it out to e-town sometime and see your car run.

PS: We gotta do some runs in Mexico. I think that'd be a big hit on these forums and on YouTube
Old 05-27-2008, 10:26 AM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Your worst nightmare...
Originally Posted by SleeperX
Nice times Jody! Now its time for some mods..
Thanks frank, can't wait to see that P-car....Going to MIR right?
Old 05-27-2008, 10:28 AM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Your worst nightmare...
Originally Posted by ItalianStallion
WOW, amazing times Jody! Sick car and awesome driving bro! I hope to make it out to e-town sometime and see your car run.

PS: We gotta do some runs in Mexico. I think that'd be a big hit on these forums and on YouTube
Thanks Bobby!,

I don't think you tube likes me anymore after the Incident of my 55. If I run somewhere, it will have to be in closed environment, with officials and nothing illegal or somewhere in Mexico....
Old 05-27-2008, 11:12 AM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Received 5 Likes on 5 Posts
R35 GT-R, EvoX
Thanks Bobby!,

I don't think you tube likes me anymore after the Incident of my 55. If I run somewhere, it will have to be in closed environment, with officials and nothing illegal or somewhere in Mexico....
Ah ok, totally understandable lol. Well either way, send me a PM, we gotta meet up...actually we should all meet up sometime soon.
Old 05-27-2008, 11:29 AM
Out Of Control!!

Received 94 Likes on 77 Posts
haters crazy
I can see sub 11.5s times in this beast!

I need to get some ice in the veins of my ride
Old 05-27-2008, 02:50 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Received 52 Likes on 45 Posts
'14 E63S & '14 Audi SQ5
Thanks Bobby!,

Congrats Jody!!! Amazing times....your car is both super fast and beautiful!!!

You had better watch out...I heard Mexican authorities are cracking down on street racing ever since a ton of activity has been reported on messageboards!!!

Tom
Old 05-27-2008, 03:26 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Your worst nightmare...
Originally Posted by ItalianStallion
Ah ok, totally understandable lol. Well either way, send me a PM, we gotta meet up...actually we should all meet up sometime soon.
Yes sir. You still make those thursday meets? Would be great to swing by if I knew where. lol!
Old 05-27-2008, 03:31 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Your worst nightmare...
Originally Posted by TMC M5
Congrats Jody!!! Amazing times....your car is both super fast and beautiful!!!

You had better watch out...I heard Mexican authorities are cracking down on street racing ever since a ton of activity has been reported on messageboards!!!

Tom
Thanks Tom. yeah man you never know who's watching, loL!!