Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 05-26-2008, 10:34 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts
2007 CLS63 030
Originally Posted by oldgixxer
Make sure you take that detour to the dragstrip while your at it
Car is like riding on water, like a 1970's Oldsmobile.....Seems like it just is loosey goosey, wheel has an inch of play. If the wheel is a clock, turn it to 1:00 and the wheels respond to the right, not on the way to 1:00 AT 1:00.

Something is wrong with Ory's 63. It squats as it is rolling and there is 4-6 inches space from fender to tire in the front , while in therear the car looks like the tires are hitting the fender!!

Very similar to driving a speed boat, lol. Poor Ory, hope they listen at the dealer
Old 05-26-2008, 11:01 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
E63
Someone FINALLY agrees with me

Originally Posted by juicee63
Car is like riding on water, like a 1970's Oldsmobile.....Seems like it just is loosey goosey, wheel has an inch of play. If the wheel is a clock, turn it to 1:00 and the wheels respond to the right, not on the way to 1:00 AT 1:00.

Something is wrong with Ory's 63. It squats as it is rolling and there is 4-6 inches space from fender to tire in the front , while in therear the car looks like the tires are hitting the fender!!

Very similar to driving a speed boat, lol. Poor Ory, hope they listen at the dealer
Josh, thanks man for meeting up with me and confirming what I have suspected for several weeks - Something is way off with my e63. I will be at the dealer at 8:00AM sharp armed with my new information - Hopeflly this time they will pay more attention. You have been great help and i will keep all of you posted tomorrow.
Old 05-26-2008, 11:05 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

2007 CLS63 030
Originally Posted by E63ory
Josh, thanks man for meeting up with me and confirming what I have suspected for several weeks - Something is way off with my e63. I will be at the dealer at 8:00AM sharp armed with my new information - Hopeflly this time they will pay more attention. You have been great help and i will keep all of you posted tomorrow.
Thanks to Richie!

AIRMATIC RIDE CONTROLLER
replace. Car otherwise performed well

Good Luck,

nice meeting you
Old 05-27-2008, 03:14 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

E63 P30, CL500 Sport
I'm glad you guys finally found out the problem. This is will be very good information in case it happens to any of us
Old 05-27-2008, 11:24 PM

E63
Update -But not a good one

Originally Posted by MB_Forever
I'm glad you guys finally found out the problem. This is will be very good information in case it happens to any of us
Took my E63 to dealer 1st thing in the AM, let the service manager (Neil Goldman at Downtown LA motors) drive it with me. His response REALLY pissed me off, as he was claiming that he 'sort of' feels some floating but isn't sure if it's a problem. They reluctantly agreed to perform some tests on the car and found nothing, claiming it is perfectly fine. I don't know what my nest step should be. This is the 3rd time I brought the car in and in my opinion, as well as Josh's, this car has a major problem. I don't know what the f*ck to do nest. Very stressed over this and sad that MB would be so unenthusiastic to help out their real car fans.

Any thoughts?
Old 05-27-2008, 11:34 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

2007 CLS63 030
Took my E63 to dealer 1st thing in the AM, let the service manager (Neil Goldman at Downtown LA motors) drive it with me. His response REALLY pissed me off, as he was claiming that he 'sort of' feels some floating but isn't sure if it's a problem. They reluctantly agreed to perform some tests on the car and found nothing, claiming it is perfectly fine. I don't know what my nest step should be. This is the 3rd time I brought the car in and in my opinion, as well as Josh's, this car has a major problem. I don't know what the f*ck to do nest. Very stressed over this and sad that MB would be so unenthusiastic to help out their real car fans.

Any thoughts?
Its typical.

Unless a code is thrown they never look or dig for possible trouble. They drive the car and wait for codes, if none are coming up they say the driver is on crack.

Your airmatic is off, something is wrong. I would have the dealer order the Airmatic control unit, get a copy of the service invoice from Richie's car (Intellogic) and have the dealer do the work if nothing changes tell em you will pay for the new part. If the car is fixed then the cover the work under warranty. The Airmatic stuff is difficult to figure because like the pump on the 55 it may seem fine to part time drivers but to the owners they know there is a prob. Seems for MB to do work a code must be flashing in the face of the techs...UGH

Get MBUSA involved as well , tell them the dealers are refusing to fix the car in spite of the dangerous unsafe feel of it. Make sure this gets escalated.
Old 05-28-2008, 03:14 AM
MBWorld Fanatic!

E63 P30, CL500 Sport

Any thoughts?
The best way to resolve this is to make the technician drive another E63 then your E63 back to back so he can actually feel the difference. Otherwise, he'll think that it's normal. If the dealer does not have an E63, go to another bigger dealer that has plenty of E63s and try there.
Old 05-28-2008, 04:41 AM

e500

Any thoughts?
Maybe it's time to try a different dealership's service dept.
Old 06-02-2008, 07:35 PM

1997 Porsche 993 Cab
Any update??
Old 06-04-2008, 12:56 AM

E63
Originally Posted by Chuck W.
Any update??
Well, believe it or not, i reluctantly picked up my car after dealer admitted that 'something is off with the airmatic', but couldn't find anything wrong with car and just adjusted the tire air pressure. The car is running fine now, and i suspect that they did do some work on it, but didn't want to admit that they overlooked it during the previous two visits. Go figure.... I am jsut happy that my car finally handles well!!

Thanks for everyone's help,

Ory