W211 AMG Discuss the W211 AMG's such as the E55 and the E63
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

VRP airbox/tubes and cover install instructions..

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 05-27-2008, 06:51 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
2004 E55
VRP airbox/tubes and cover install instructions..

hi guys, i purchased the carbon fiber cover and tube last year. i'm finally getting off my butt and getting ready to install them today!!
Opened the box i received a year ago and couldn't find any (maybe i misplaced them!). i figured i might not need any so i went to the garage and try to remove the tubes with no luck. I feel some resistance. I rather play it safe and see if someone has a link or could guide me as apposed to breaking something.

thanks guys. i will email the people from VRP i'm sure they have them, but figured this might be faster!.
Thanks!!
Old 05-28-2008, 12:05 AM

2004 E55
anyone? quite a few people ordered their products on this site.. did you guys get instructions??
Old 05-28-2008, 08:05 AM

E55
I have a Renntech box, but they will install the same. The stock tubes fit over their inlets on the box via a compression fitting. Simply pull them off. They also feed into their respective housings this way near the radiatior. The box will lift off from the front...slowly. Remove the crank vent hose and carefully lift the box and the Y shaped inlet away from the TB. Reverse. Make sure the tubes seat completely into the housings near the radiator... you don't want to leak in hot engine air.

It seems odd that there are no torx bolts involved and the thing just kind of sits in there but it does. If this doesn't help call over to VRP