New to E55 World

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 05-28-2008, 06:00 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
2004 e55
New to E55 World

Hello

Well it looks like I will be getting a 2005 E55. I have been looking around for a few months and found the one I like. I am new in this world of cars and all of my previous cars have been Corvettes. I am one of those that doesn't leave anything alone. I will be looking to find the best way to get this car into the low 11's. I will want to dress it up with the blackout tail lights and custom wheels. I will be looking at doing some sort of stereo upgrade with montiors in the headrests. So any direction you guys can share would be great. Pics of what you have done to make your custom would help too. I live in Plano TX just north of Dallas so if anyone is in Dallas please let me know of a good tuner.

Thanks
Old 05-28-2008, 06:36 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Received 11 Likes on 11 Posts
E-ZGO 53hp., 1999 E 430 sport, 2004 E 55, 2008 Tahoe LTZ on 24"s
Welcome, some tuners,
RennTech
Evo
Kleenman
VRP
I would start here
https://mbworld.org/forums/showthrea...hlight=700+vrp
Old 05-28-2008, 07:12 PM

2005 E55, Renntech Pulley, ECU
What'd you pay?Miles? Options? Paint/interior color? Warranty? Let us know.

This board kicks every other car board I've used for various autos I've owned over the years. Highly informative, polite, funny, with an occasionally hystercially hostile war that breaks out over, say rigged videos showing E55s losing to an M3 or crap like that...Pure info-tainment (hehehe).

Mod-wise, here's my advice: Don't rush all the mods in at once; mod disease (modisitus benzicus) is a serious and life (and family) threatening condition.

My advice is to install the mods in s l o w phases. Then drive it around for a few weeks. You may find that the car changes character and becomes the infinite power you are looking for. Then you stop. Mods for these cars are expensive and, after Stage 1 stuff, it gets more and more expensive to squeeze out out an extra 5hp.

I'd suggest my setup, which I came to after lots of research:
Go to Renntech and find the closest dealer. Once the pulley and computer are redone, y and buy better rubber (like Pilot PS2's) in the original size.

Rolling on the freeway (in the heat, a/c on), blasted the car and spun the rears at 45mph! Just sooo much torque. Do pulley runs before and after, of course. If you have a GTec, even better.

While there is some debate as to the device, everyone who bought a "Sprint Booster" loves them. Me included. A 10 minute install with a small wrency and screwdriver. It re-maps the throttle data (the car is fly by wire) and makes the car feel MUCH more lively. And yet the car isn't 'jumpy'. Honestly, an amazing mod for $50! Find them on Ebay...

Instead of 'how much can I spend and stuff into this thing', I'd focus on a goa. Do I want a daily driver with killer stereo? How fast do you need to go (my answer is alwasy "more"). If your speed goal is to run an 11, 11 what? There are a handfull of BONE STOCK E55s that have run high 11s stock if memory serves. So maybe we shoot for an 11.5 or 6? Totally do-able.

This should be a good thread, with everyone voicing their views as to what the best addition is, with passion.
Old 05-28-2008, 07:56 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts
2005 E55 ///AMG
Originally Posted by vicous
Hello

Well it looks like I will be getting a 2005 E55. I have been looking around for a few months and found the one I like. I am new in this world of cars and all of my previous cars have been Corvettes. I am one of those that doesn't leave anything alone. I will be looking to find the best way to get this car into the low 11's. I will want to dress it up with the blackout tail lights and custom wheels. I will be looking at doing some sort of stereo upgrade with montiors in the headrests. So any direction you guys can share would be great. Pics of what you have done to make your custom would help too. I live in Plano TX just north of Dallas so if anyone is in Dallas please let me know of a good tuner.

Thanks
Welcome! As was stated already, check out VRP ( http://vrptuning.com/cart/index.php?...dex&cPath=5_15 )for the tuning mods as 11s will be no problem for our cars...a few have hit it stock.
Old 05-29-2008, 11:22 PM
JT3

05 Nissan 350z and 03 Land Rover Discovery
Good thread, thanks Skeeter.

These questions seems to come up often, maybe there should be sticky outlining the modification process.

I can't wait to test drive this car.