Quick phone cradle question?

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 06-07-2008, 01:19 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
2006 E55 AMG
Quick phone cradle question?

I'll be having the phone cradle installed next month and I'm curious if the phone uses a external antenna or not. I'm also considering having the BT option added but it might not work properly with my N95 8GB phone. Also it seems like it'll take up the center console which means eliminating my cup holders...need that coffee space for the morning commute. I was planning on just purchasing another phone to leave in the cradle full time and forget about the BT, I need some opinions. Is there anyone here doing that or is that a silly idea? I'm very ignorant when it comes down to BT and I need some guidance. This whole UHI / MHI thing confuses me.

Thanks,
Alan
Old 06-07-2008, 02:53 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
2003 E55
You should talk to the people who are installing the kit - is it 'geniune'? The issues are more complex than you can imagine (having gone BT myself - works great). If the installer can't give you the information you need, esp, regarding phone compatibility, find someone else. Try a search of your phone or contact MBenzNL (see his website).
Old 06-07-2008, 02:59 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
03 E55
Bluetooth does not use an external antenna, if I remember correctly. It is merely a way to extend the speaker and mic your existing handset. If you install the bluetooth module, it will work with *almost* any bluetooth equipped phone. However some phones by nature will lack some of the advanced features, like the ability to download your phone book in to the COMAND, etc.