Sponsored by:

Edgewater NJ

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 06-13-2008, 12:33 PM

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
2014 E63S and 2015 Macan S
Edgewater NJ

I was there last week June 5th and the place was packed but didn't see any AMG's anything German were Audi's VW's and BMW's. The cops were trying hard to chase everyone out but ppl just ignored them hahaha. Several guys got tickets but for doing stupid things. The highlight of that night was some chick stripped on top of a car Last night the cops were there waitiing before it even started. So far I haven't seen anything there exciting.
Old 06-14-2008, 02:26 AM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
2004 MB E55 AMG, 2006 Audi A6 4.2, 2008 WRX STI
Originally Posted by eliteamg
I was there last week June 5th and the place was packed but didn't see any AMG's anything German were Audi's VW's and BMW's. The cops were trying hard to chase everyone out but ppl just ignored them hahaha. Several guys got tickets but for doing stupid things. The highlight of that night was some chick stripped on top of a car Last night the cops were there waitiing before it even started. So far I haven't seen anything there exciting.
I was there last nite with bunch of my friends.
My friend who was leading since we all cruised down together got a warning for no front license plate. and yes, cops were waiting for those at the entrance/exit areas. I don't think im gonna go down as often. maybe Captree this Sunday if anyone is interested??? Where were you by the way?
Only forum member that i saw there was Italianstallion (Z06)
Old 06-17-2008, 08:30 PM

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
2014 E63S and 2015 Macan S
as you can see i don't log in as much. Yeah I too got a warning for no plates in the front but so what next year you don't need to put plates in the front anymore. I was parked towards the middle almost by pathmark. My buddies all drive rice rockets and i left mine next to there's. I'm not planning on going to edgewater as much since the cops keep bothering ppl. Hope to see you sometime soon.
Old 06-18-2008, 10:39 AM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts
C63, Grigio Medio E46 M3
Whats this about no more mandatory front plate?? Ive never ran one, but it would be nice to stop getting all these tickets..
Old 06-18-2008, 01:58 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Received 558 Likes on 368 Posts
'19 E63S, ‘16 CLS63 RIP, '09 E63 Gone, '06 M5 Gone, '97 Supra TT Gone
Originally Posted by obsidian05e55
Whats this about no more mandatory front plate?? Ive never ran one, but it would be nice to stop getting all these tickets..
Never heard about them repealing that but I've never had a problem in the M5. Most cops just give me compliments on it. I had some cop talk to me for 20 minutes at Quick Check the other night at 2AM, thank god I was sober. He wanted to know where the best places to speed on NJ Highways were!! God I love Montclair cops.

I think they draw the line with modded cars, the minute your car is dropped on some outlandish rims they assume you're going to be driving like an a$$hole. I get a completely different reaction from cops when I'm in my Supra to when I'm in the M5.
Old 06-18-2008, 03:45 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Received 5 Likes on 5 Posts
R35 GT-R, EvoX
I just paid the ticket I got from Edgewater yesterday. I think it was like $55 for no front plate. They pulled me over immediately last thursday when I pulled into the parking lot. I thought it was maybe for exhaust, but instead he gave an "unreadable license plate" ticket. Whatever...
Old 06-18-2008, 03:54 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Originally Posted by ItalianStallion
I just paid the ticket I got from Edgewater yesterday. I think it was like $55 for no front plate. They pulled me over immediately last thursday when I pulled into the parking lot. I thought it was maybe for exhaust, but instead he gave an "unreadable license plate" ticket. Whatever...
How can they give you a ticket for no front plate when you're from NY.....how the hell do equipment laws apply across state lines? You should have fought that Bobby.
Old 06-18-2008, 03:55 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts
Your worst nightmare...
So when we heading to captree....

Bobby sorry to hear you got a ticket, but i will not be visiting edgewater in a loooonnnggg time, loL!!
Old 06-18-2008, 04:14 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

R35 GT-R, EvoX
Originally Posted by Cylinder Head
How can they give you a ticket for no front plate when you're from NY.....how the hell do equipment laws apply across state lines? You should have fought that Bobby.
Go all the way to Edgewater court? Cross the GW for the $10 toll, abuse my car over River Road's bumpy streets, and spend $40 in gas...and probably get another speeding ticket for 120 in a 30 just to go to court to fight over my $55 plate ticket?

I would have done it for principal...but they made paying it online so easy. Used my visa and there it was, ticket gone. I already have a "loud muffler" ticket I have to fight soon, as well as 5 more speeding tickets against me.

So...anybody going to Edgewater tomorrow night? lol
I'm supposed to be racing an Evo from the dig in Yonk....ehem, Mexico tomorrow night
Old 06-18-2008, 04:17 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Your worst nightmare...
Go all the way to Edgewater court? Cross the GW for the $10 toll, abuse my car over River Road's bumpy streets, and spend $40 in gas...and probably get another speeding ticket for 120 in a 30 just to go to court to fight over my $55 plate ticket?

I would have done it for principal...but they made paying it online so easy. Used my visa and there it was, ticket gone. I already have a "loud muffler" ticket I have to fight soon, as well as 5 more speeding tickets against me.

I'm supposed to be racing an Evo from the dig in Yonk....ehem, Mexico tomorrow night
Shoot me a PM with info. I would come see in my 4 Cyl...
Old 06-18-2008, 04:25 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

C63, Grigio Medio E46 M3
Originally Posted by Cylinder Head
Never heard about them repealing that but I've never had a problem in the M5. Most cops just give me compliments on it. I had some cop talk to me for 20 minutes at Quick Check the other night at 2AM, thank god I was sober. He wanted to know where the best places to speed on NJ Highways were!! God I love Montclair cops.

I think they draw the line with modded cars, the minute your car is dropped on some outlandish rims they assume you're going to be driving like an a$$hole. I get a completely different reaction from cops when I'm in my Supra to when I'm in the M5.

Thats the thing, i never drive like a$$hole.. Ive lost my license too many times, and im a probationary driver for the next year.. I cant mess around with these cops... Why cant young guys just have nice cars? Most cops just like to hate, ESPECIALLY in Livingston.. Not to mention, some of the cops that bust my ***** i see driving with no plate on there personal cars...
Old 06-18-2008, 04:34 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Thats the thing, i never drive like a$$hole.. Ive lost my license too many times, and im a probationary driver for the next year.. I cant mess around with these cops... Why cant young guys just have nice cars? Most cops just like to hate, ESPECIALLY in Livingston.. Not to mention, some of the cops that bust my ***** i see driving with no plate on there personal cars...
Dude don't even get me STARTED on the illegal ish cops do on a regular basis. They are ALWAYS on their cellphones, none of their personal cars are street legal, they drive like total a$$holes everywhere you go on their little d!ck, "I never got laid in high school so I'm taking it out on the cool kids now" power trips.
Old 06-19-2008, 09:41 AM

I just got pulled over yesterday for taking a turn 10mph faster....he wasn't using his radar/laser or nothing.....just visually...He,then, pulls me over and started to give me crap...("Im gonna tow ur car, how old are you, blah blah blah blah) not only that, he was a racist for sure! 100%!!!
i ended up getting five tickets...(careless driving, tinted windows(had my windows down first btw, inspection sticker(having trouble passing it..O2 sensor), insurance card( i've been away for long time and i missed it when they sent it to me and i even explained to him. He couldve checked my policy number and let me go..A$$hole) , and the grand finale...LOUD EXHAUST!!!! WTF!!! i've never seen that one before~
He was an absolute A$$hole/uneducated/racist **** i've ever met....
Old 06-19-2008, 09:44 AM
MBWorld Fanatic!

C63, Grigio Medio E46 M3
Damn, that sucks... They just hate more, and more...

So, is anyone going to Edgewater tonight? I was thinking of rollin through, but only if some fellow AMG kats are going..
Old 06-19-2008, 09:44 AM
MBWorld Fanatic!

R35 GT-R, EvoX
Originally Posted by AMG Rider

I just got pulled over yesterday for taking a turn 10mph faster....he wasn't using his radar/laser or nothing.....just visually...He,then, pulls me over and started to give me crap...("Im gonna tow ur car, how old are you, blah blah blah blah) not only that, he was a racist for sure! 100%!!!
i ended up getting five tickets...(careless driving, tinted windows(had my windows down first btw, inspection sticker(having trouble passing it..O2 sensor), insurance card( i've been away for long time and i missed it when they sent it to me and i even explained to him. He couldve checked my policy number and let me go..A$$hole) , and the grand finale...LOUD EXHAUST!!!! WTF!!! i've never seen that one before~
REALLY SORRY BRO...that's horrible...
Old 06-19-2008, 09:46 AM

Damn, that sucks... They just hate more, and more...

So, is anyone going to Edgewater tonight? I was thinking of rollin through, but only if some fellow AMG kats are going..
i'll be there around 9:30~10....see you guys there...be careful with the front license plate...they usually give u a warning ~
Old 06-19-2008, 09:50 AM
MBWorld Fanatic!

C63, Grigio Medio E46 M3
Where do you park? Havent been to this meet in years...
Old 06-19-2008, 09:52 AM
MBWorld Fanatic!

C43/55,2k11 Volvo S60 T6AWD,2k Audi B5 S4,95 Eagle Talon Tsi AWD 500+awhp

Your nutz for posting this but pm me the time and place anyway. I'd like to see this.
Old 06-19-2008, 09:54 AM
MBWorld Fanatic!

C43/55,2k11 Volvo S60 T6AWD,2k Audi B5 S4,95 Eagle Talon Tsi AWD 500+awhp

Dude!!!!!!!
Old 06-19-2008, 10:01 AM

Where do you park? Havent been to this meet in years...
I go with my P-car friends, so my car is usually parked by NJ P-Car Crew area....last time, we parked near Pathmark.....i have my stock rims right now and my color is easy to find...lol
Old 06-19-2008, 10:02 AM

Originally Posted by ProjectC55
Dude!!!!!!!
I know!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! come to Edgewater tonite..havent seen u for a long time!
Old 06-19-2008, 10:02 AM

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
2004 S55 AMG
Originally Posted by ProjectC55
Your nutz for posting this but pm me the time and place anyway. I'd like to see this.
Me too!!!!
Old 06-19-2008, 10:37 AM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Your worst nightmare...
I know!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! come to Edgewater tonite..havent seen u for a long time!
Man I would go but I am a magnet for trouble...No way in hell I will go. I got enough drama already. Lol!! If you guys decide to meet elsewhere let me know, I am up for it.
Old 06-19-2008, 10:41 AM
MBWorld Fanatic!

R35 GT-R, EvoX
My car might be in the shop tonight (yes, GM quality really does suck) so no car means no race. If I don't have my car, I think I'll go with my buddy with his E39 M5 or another friend with his 350Z and head up to Edgewater to hang out.
Old 06-19-2008, 11:14 AM
MBWorld Fanatic!

C63, Grigio Medio E46 M3
Might roll through.. Im sure ill find you guys...

You have already rated this thread Rating: Thread Rating: 0 votes,  average.

Quick Reply: Edgewater NJ