CEL and Dealer reflashed ECU?

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 06-15-2008, 01:55 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Received 8 Likes on 5 Posts
05 E55
CEL and Dealer reflashed ECU?

I had a CEL (P20A2 - Idle speed control Implausible) that was apparently stored 3 times according to the invoice. The invoice says:

"Removed air filters, capped throttle closed, used special smoke machine and plugged into a vaccum port. After about 10 min, no leak found. Inspected all vaccum lines and no damage found. Check for M.E software. Found newer S.W software. Perf flash as needed cleared codes, and normalized the throttle position. Test drove and no more check engine light."

Anyway, the CEL is off, but the car feels slower. Maybe it's in my head....don't know. According to the invoice above, did they reflash my ECU? And what is up with the code P20A2?
Old 06-15-2008, 02:42 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
1989 Toyota Tercel EZ - dyno'd @ 70whp/77wtq
Uh oh.... the dreadful ECU flash? Search the forum.... a lot of members felt the cars slower after ECU flash.

You should've dyno'd your car before.... so you'll know whether you're down in power or not.
Old 06-15-2008, 02:58 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Received 8 Likes on 5 Posts
05 E55
Originally Posted by zoink
Uh oh.... the dreadful ECU flash? Search the forum.... a lot of members felt the cars slower after ECU flash.

You should've dyno'd your car before.... so you'll know whether you're down in power or not.
Yeah, I did a search and didn't find any happy endings. So I was hoping someone with a happy ending would chime in. I might have to disconnect the battery overnight to see if that does anything.
Old 06-16-2008, 01:50 AM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
1989 Toyota Tercel EZ - dyno'd @ 70whp/77wtq
Happy endings? Just get a pulley and upgrade the software.... that'll be happy ending and your car would be even faster than before