W211 AMG Discuss the W211 AMG's such as the E55 and the E63
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Chrysler warranty or Mercury warranty???

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 06-23-2008, 05:13 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
2004 E55 AMG
Chrysler warranty or Mercury warranty???

I have pricing on both the Chrysler maximum care and the Mercury Platinum extended warranties. I am out of original warranty and am not the original owner so MB extended warranty is out!! The car is a 2004 E55 AMG with 45,000 miles. I am looking at the 5 additional years / 50,000 additional miles, Chrysler add-on warranty with $100 deductible for $2485 or the American Mercury 4 additional years with up to 100,000 odometer miles for $4271 with a $100 deductible.

I have noticed most people that cannot get the factory MB warranty either advise the Chrysler or the Mercury warranties. As you can see the Chrysler warranty is $1786 less, but I am wondering is there some difference in these warranties that I am not seeing that would make the Mercury warranty worth that much more???

Thanks in advance

Bill

Old 06-23-2008, 05:25 PM

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
germans
Originally Posted by wbonnell
I have pricing on both the Chrysler maximum care and the Mercury Platinum extended warranties. I am out of original warranty and am not the original owner so MB extended warranty is out!! The car is a 2004 E55 AMG with 45,000 miles. I am looking at the 5 additional years / 50,000 additional miles, Chrysler add-on warranty with $100 deductible for $2485 or the American Mercury 4 additional years with up to 100,000 odometer miles for $4271 with a $100 deductible.

I have noticed most people that cannot get the factory MB warranty either advise the Chrysler or the Mercury warranties. As you can see the Chrysler warranty is $1786 less, but I am wondering is there some difference in these warranties that I am not seeing that would make the Mercury warranty worth that much more???

Thanks in advance

Bill

I use mercury platinum for my BMW and carefully reviewed what was covered. Obviously I bought it, but have never had to use it (knock on wood). However, I did notice for the MB, that the platinum does not cover dynamic seating. Other than that, everything else was covered. Just double check what is covered for either of the two.
Old 06-24-2008, 12:16 PM

2004 E55 AMG
Originally Posted by gonzjed
I use mercury platinum for my BMW and carefully reviewed what was covered. Obviously I bought it, but have never had to use it (knock on wood). However, I did notice for the MB, that the platinum does not cover dynamic seating. Other than that, everything else was covered. Just double check what is covered for either of the two.
It seems like coverage is comparable and I think they are both exclusionary policies. I would just like to get some personal viewpoints. Thanks for the comments.

Bill
Old 06-26-2008, 08:32 PM

2004 E55 AMG
anybody have any input?

Thanks

Bill
Old 06-26-2008, 11:23 PM

2005 E55, Renntech Pulley, ECU
Wow... This remains a point of complete uncertainty for me. And alas, time will force a decision, as I'm only 200 miles from hitting the 48k mile point. This is the cutoff for the Mercury warranty, at least at the 'normal' price. I found another warranty provider at the ~$5k mile price point, who allow 50k miles, so if I don't get off my *** in the next day or two, I'll be forced.

The price differential alone makes me tempted to go with Mercury. I've tracked threads on this board for years and read nothing but good things about both the Mercury AND Chrysler warranty. But for $2.5k, Mercury should be the obvious choice absent compelling reasons to the contrary.

Can anyone chime in on this? I fear beating a dead horse, as I've asked about this several times and the general response is that Mercury or Chrysler are both good and cover pretty much everything. But is there any reason to spend the extra $1,500 to use anyone other than Mercury?

Thanks,

Skeeter
Old 06-27-2008, 10:28 AM

2004 E55 AMG
Originally Posted by Skeeter
Wow... This remains a point of complete uncertainty for me. And alas, time will force a decision, as I'm only 200 miles from hitting the 48k mile point. This is the cutoff for the Mercury warranty, at least at the 'normal' price. I found another warranty provider at the ~$5k mile price point, who allow 50k miles, so if I don't get off my *** in the next day or two, I'll be forced.

The price differential alone makes me tempted to go with Mercury. I've tracked threads on this board for years and read nothing but good things about both the Mercury AND Chrysler warranty. But for $2.5k, Mercury should be the obvious choice absent compelling reasons to the contrary.

Can anyone chime in on this? I fear beating a dead horse, as I've asked about this several times and the general response is that Mercury or Chrysler are both good and cover pretty much everything. But is there any reason to spend the extra $1,500 to use anyone other than Mercury?

Thanks,

Skeeter
Skeeter

The Chrysler warranty is $2.5k not Mercury. Mercury is like $4300.

Bill
Old 06-27-2008, 10:33 AM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Received 6 Likes on 6 Posts
'14 ML BT
I've had both and they are equally good.

Search on the names if you want details.