W211 AMG Discuss the W211 AMG's such as the E55 and the E63
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Inadvertent Airbag Deployment

Search this Thread

Rating: Thread Rating: 2 votes, 5.00 average.

Old 05-25-2012, 12:42 AM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
infiniti fx35
JackNM

Originally Posted by smpdsniper
I have read posts that indicate people have had the SIDE airbag go off without cause. i am trying to compile a group of people. I would like to talk to anyone personally.

I drive a 2008 Infiniti FX 35. I had the passenger’s side airbag deploy for no apparent reason. I was driving about 75 mph on the interstate. I heard a “thunk” sound on the undercarriage immediately followed by the passenger’s side airbag going off. There is no visible damage to the undercarriage. I think a piece of a truck tire might have hit my undercarriage. In any event I do not think the side airbags should have deployed. The national office of Infiniti/Nissan is involved and they are telling me that if an undercarriage impact caused the airbag to deploy then Infiniti/Nissan will not accept responsibility, because they say it is NOT a defect.

I say Infiniti/Nissan's position is nonsense. An undercarriage impact that causes no damage should not case an airbag to go off. I’m mad as hell about this and I’m looking across the internet to find out as much as I can about this issue.

Let me know what is your interest in this. jhardwick@sommerudall.com

Old 05-25-2012, 01:09 PM

Received 62 Likes on 48 Posts
2011 E550 - 4Matic, 2008 ML550
I was curious about all this talk - but found this - thought it might interest some of you...

http://www.nhtsa.gov/people/injury/a...s03/page3.html

Note the second paragraph...

Still sucks...