Sponsored by:

Goodbye MBWORLD

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 07-29-2008, 12:03 PM
Out Of Control!!

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts
2015 S212
I've been looking for him, but he hasn't been over. i think he already joined before.
Old 07-29-2008, 12:05 PM
MBWorld Founder

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
ones too fast according to CHP!
Originally Posted by juicee63
My family escaped a Fascist state where what a person said and wrote was controlled. Any opposing view crushed. Sadly this site has been in decline for months. Perhaps due to too much control perhaps just folks moving on.

I have given alot to this site, spent alot with members and vendors. I have hopefully added value to this place. I have met some fantastic people and gained friends for life.

Brad you have overstepped your responsibilities and I will not be given warnings for posting about flippin baby seats. Oh no I used flippin? The writing is on the wall MBWORLD is falling off, people are leaving and I believe much of it due to this disrespectful and unprofessional treatment of members by one particular former owner of this site. I am very sad to say this is my final post on this forum.

I will miss you guys alot.

Peace,

Josh
Josh,

You used a word that we don't allow. The COMPLETE site admin and ownership agrees that these words are not allowed.

You were given a WARNING, not even a VIOLATION. This was out of respect to your standing on the site. Most would have been given an infraction.

I am sorry that you don't want to follow the rules. But you intentionally wrote out the word in a way that would be clear for people to see what you meant.

It is just not the way this site is. It has nothing to do with me, it is a SITE decision that we all support.

I personally would not want you to leave this site, but you are an adult and can make any decisions you choose. However, nearly 90,000 members follow the rules, we are only asking that you do as well.

Thanks
Brad
Old 07-29-2008, 12:08 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Received 5 Likes on 5 Posts
2017 W205 C43 AMG
See you around, Josh. It was fun while it lasted!
Old 07-29-2008, 12:10 PM

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
2009 C63 Black on Black
Thumbs down +1

Originally Posted by S-Clusiv
I usually disregard goodbye threads....but Juice...u gotta stay. C'mon.
Juicee' don't go. C'mon Brad chill out what going on around here?
Old 07-29-2008, 12:12 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

IS300
Sorry to hear Juice.

Originally Posted by blueknight
So where is everyone going?

There's a few other benz forums out there as well.
Old 07-29-2008, 12:18 PM
Banned

C32, Cobra, 700hp Vespa
Don't leave us, Josh!
Old 07-29-2008, 12:20 PM
Out Of Control!!

2007 E63
Sorry to hear you go man.

I agree that the forum has been in decline. I haven't had any personal run-ins with anyone on the administrative team here, but my issue is with some of the members that have joined not too recently. I just feel dumber and dumber whenever I lurk through some of the forums...
Old 07-29-2008, 12:22 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Originally Posted by AsianML
Sorry to hear you go man.

I agree that the forum has been in decline. I haven't had any personal run-ins with anyone on the administrative team here, but my issue is with some of the members that have joined not too recently. I just feel dumber and dumber whenever I lurk through some of the forums...
+1

I completely understand though. Some of the admins / mods have a napoleon complex
Old 07-29-2008, 12:24 PM

2005 E55
Originally Posted by otoupalik
Josh,

You used a word that we don't allow.

It is just not the way this site is. It has nothing to do with me, it is a SITE decision that we all support.

hey... you're the dude who banned me for typing four asterisks in a row. but somehow your buddy who hands your company gobs of cash didnt get banned for threatening me.

hows it going? good i see.

how long until you delete this post like the others?
Old 07-29-2008, 12:27 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Received 26 Likes on 22 Posts
new balance
AD?
Old 07-29-2008, 12:43 PM
Out Of Control!!

2015 S212
You guys are cold!! i love it!!!
Old 07-29-2008, 12:48 PM
Out Of Control!!

2015 S212
Originally Posted by Shake
There's a few other benz forums out there as well.

one other, you moron!!
Old 07-29-2008, 12:56 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

2005 E 55
Josh,

You used a word that we don't allow. The COMPLETE site admin and ownership agrees that these words are not allowed.

You were given a WARNING, not even a VIOLATION. This was out of respect to your standing on the site. Most would have been given an infraction.

I am sorry that you don't want to follow the rules. But you intentionally wrote out the word in a way that would be clear for people to see what you meant.

I personally would not want you to leave this site, but you are an adult and can make any decisions you choose. However, nearly 90,000 members follow the rules, we are only asking that you do as well.

Thanks
Brad
okay, but why was his entire post deleted instead of edited.

The post below was edited and not removed.

Originally Posted by jrcart
I guess you guys don't catch sarcasm when it's tossed out there. As for the Viper...They were cool back in 95 now days every gold chain wearing guy that can get financed for $38,000 drives one. Vipers hardly get a second look around here. If you want to go back to my statement that was meant as SARCASM (A JOKE), around here Vipers don't stand a chance for a "leave it up front" spot in vallet, not sure what clubs you frequent, but if the best machinery parked up front are Vipers you must be hangin at the wrong clubs...do IROC Z's and 5.0 Mustangs get the same treatment at those places?

....and the next thing you are going to tell me is that your Viper can turn faster laps than my car too, right?
Old 07-29-2008, 12:59 PM
MBWorld Founder

Good question.

If the post is short and the main focus includes the violation, then the post is typically deleted.

If the post is longer and editing it will save the meaningful content, then that is the action.

Either way, the member is given a warning or an infraction (as was the case with BOTH of your examples).

Juicee's post was all of two lines. One had the violation and one was "team britax unite" - yes, it is subjective, but that is not a meaningful post in that thread. It was a comedic aside, not paramount to the discussion.

Yes, this is subjective, but that is the answer.

FYI, over the course of a day, I spend 2-3 hours on this site - EVERYDAY. 90% of the time, posts are edited and left.

Net/net is that if people knowingly break the rules, there are consequences. Just like on every site or in life. You know that if you are caught street racing in CA, they can crush your car, right? Again, as I teach my three year old - decisions have consequences. Make bad decisions and you may not like the consequences.

Thanks
Brad
Old 07-29-2008, 01:14 PM

2005 E55
Make bad decisions and you may not like the consequences.

Thanks
Brad

thanks god.

THOU SHALT NOT TYPE FOUR ASTERISKS IN A ROW!

** is fine... ****** is border line.. BUT NO FOUR!
Old 07-29-2008, 01:16 PM
MBWorld Founder

Originally Posted by ryan0
thanks god.

THOU SHALT NOT TYPE FOUR ASTERISKS IN A ROW!

** is fine... ****** is border line.. BUT NO FOUR!
You were given a 1 point infraction, it was your replies and attitude that got you a suspension, not a ban as you posted.

It is clear that you still do not want to take any responsibility for what you wrote, and that is ok. But again, there are consequences as you found.

Thanks
Brad
Old 07-29-2008, 01:16 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

'08 M5, '10 Land Cruiser
Good question.

If the post is short and the main focus includes the violation, then the post is typically deleted.

If the post is longer and editing it will save the meaningful content, then that is the action.

Either way, the member is given a warning or an infraction (as was the case with BOTH of your examples).

Juicee's post was all of two lines. One had the violation and one was "team britax unite" - yes, it is subjective, but that is not a meaningful post in that thread. It was a comedic aside, not paramount to the discussion.

FYI, over the course of a day, I spend 2-3 hours on this site - EVERYDAY. 90% of the time, posts are edited and left.

Net/net is that if people knowingly break the rules, there are consequences. Just like on every site or in life. You know that if you are caught street racing in CA, they can crush your car, right? Again, as I teach my three year old - decisions have consequences. Make bad decisions and you may not like the consequences.

Thanks
Brad
Your banning of oldgixxer was completely out of line. He's long time member who posts informatively and entertainingly and yet you single him out again. Unlike many of the mods here who do a great job, you come across as aloof and out of touch.
Old 07-29-2008, 01:17 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

2005 E 55
Good question.

Thanks
Brad
Thank you for the explanation.

My question to you is have you thought about how other members would perceive it as favoritism since Jrcart is a well known customer of your company?
Old 07-29-2008, 01:18 PM

2005 E55
You were given a 1 point infraction, it was your replies and attitude that got you a suspension, not a ban as you posted.

It is clear that you still do not want to take any responsibility for what you wrote, and that is ok. But again, there are consequences as you found.

Thanks
Brad

You're right.. i was unwilling to accept responsibility for using profanity.. because I typed four asterisks.. not profanity.

but hey.. it's YOUR forum right?

First of all your tone and attitude are WAY out of line and unacceptable. This is MY forum - I started and built it. If you want to talk to me like that, then you will not be welcome for long.
Old 07-29-2008, 01:28 PM
MBWorld Founder

Originally Posted by Carl Lassiter
Your banning of oldgixxer was completely out of line. He's long time member who posts informatively and entertainingly and yet you single him out again. Unlike many of the mods here who do a great job, you come across as aloof and out of touch.
Thanks for your post, but you clearly do not have the complete story. Any mod/admin would have banned him for his actions and that will not be lifted. It is not appropriate to discuss details of one user with others, but safe to say that when you attack the site admin and founder with the language and attitude that he did, you would be banned at ANY forum.

As for being "aloof and out of touch" - I am on the site everyday for 3-4 hours. I am here more then most any admin/mod. It is very easy to reach me.

The problem that many users, and specifically the ones listed here, have is that once someone is given a warning or an infraction they have two choices.

1. Take it maturely and accept it. See if perhaps you were out of line, and modify your posting in the future to accept that.

2. Get defensive, claim that you did nothing wrong, attack the site admins and staff, call us oppressive, etc. Then tell everyone else how you were unfairly treated. Post publicly that you were treated poorly (although all that happened was that you were given a 1 point infraction or only a warning).

The users listed above have taken option #2, and that never leads to a good result for that member.

examples:

Juicee63 - given a WARNING, then posts this thread
ryan0 - given a 1 point infraction, then it escalates as he takes option 2
oldgixxer - given a 2 point infraction, then posts a public attack with much venom

This is all uncalled for. People say that we do not act professionally - get real. How is the actions of these users professional? They have made a decision NOT to follow the agreed rules of the site, then they refuse to admit fault and blame the site.

1 and 2 point infractions have little to no impact on the way a user can use this site. They are trivial, but are used to get the point across that the site demands the user to follow the rules.

This is a PRIVATE site. Follow the rules, or you are not welcome. That has been the way of the site since user #1.

Thanks
Brad
Old 07-29-2008, 01:33 PM
MBWorld Founder

Originally Posted by rflow306
Thank you for the explanation.

My question to you is have you thought about how other members would perceive it as favoritism since Jrcart is a well known customer of your company?
To be honest, I don't care. I don't think that way, and it does not impact my actions. People will think what they want and people always chose to think the worst and be negative.

Regardless of what people think, we treat members very even handily. People just rarely have the facts, they just assume that they are being targeted. What they should be thinking about is why they are not following the rules.

You're right.. i was unwilling to accept responsibility for using profanity.. because I typed four asterisks.. not profanity.

First, there is no way for an admin/mod to know if you typed *'s or if it was an auto-edit.

Second, it does not matter, as I told you privately to start with. Attempting to convey the language that we don't allow by using symbols, asterisks, etc is handled in the same manner. We don't allow the words and we don't allow attempts at "beating the system" - and I think you understand that, you are just not willing to accept it.

Thanks
Brad
Old 07-29-2008, 01:34 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

4 wheels

It USED to be his forum. Not anymore. He just stays on as an admin and probably gets some sort of kickback from the new company.
Old 07-29-2008, 01:45 PM
MBWorld Founder

This thread has slightly changed topics.

I am happy to continue to answer legitimate questions or people can post to Juicee63.

Please keep it on track....

thanks
brad
Old 07-29-2008, 01:46 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Received 54 Likes on 44 Posts
2008 CLK63 Black Series 2012 C63 Black Series 2014 SLS Black Series
Ryan0; not sure what you are implying, but I have "been talked to" by Brad on a couple occasions as well as Vic55 on one occasion. No special treatment here.

...one more thing, don't confuse your poor reading skills with a threat. I'm not going to go back and re-hash this out with you again. It's over and done with and very childish of you to keep bringing trivial things like this back into the light.
Old 07-29-2008, 01:46 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Received 26 Likes on 22 Posts
new balance
Lets call a spade a spade. Ive been a member of this site since its inception and been around long enough to know how its "works". This site has been sold, none of you are clients or future clients of Evosport so dont think he really cares what anyone thinks, as he has displayed without shame. The money has been made already off the backs of dedicated posters and old time members who really love this site and wholeheartidly contribute to its success. This site has 90K+ members, hes not gonna get ruffled because we, who helped make this place what it is, are complaining about a few bans and infractions. Its sad, but lets be realistic and look at the big picture.
Jason

You have already rated this thread Rating: Thread Rating: 0 votes,  average.

Quick Reply: Goodbye MBWORLD