Goodbye MBWORLD

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 07-29-2008, 01:54 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
2005 E 55
Originally Posted by otoupalik
To be honest, I don't care. I don't think that way, and it does not impact my actions. People will think what they want and people always chose to think the worst and be negative.

Regardless of what people think, we treat members very even handily. People just rarely have the facts, they just assume that they are being targeted. What they should be thinking about is why they are not following the rules.

Brad
The thing is, imo you should start to care in order for you to truly treat members evenly.
Old 07-29-2008, 01:54 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
14-F Sport, 07-CLS63 2003-HUMMER 2004-Suburban 2008-MAX 2005-YZF R1
Originally Posted by JAYCL600
AD?
he he he ! i know where!!!!
Old 07-29-2008, 01:59 PM
MBWorld Founder

ones too fast according to CHP!
Originally Posted by rflow306
The thing is, imo you should start to care in order for you to truly treat members evenly.
I think you misunderstood what I meant.

I cannot care in that manner. In order to treat people the same, you cannot care how it will be perceived. We treat each member with the same rules.

If you care about how that will be perceived, then you start to make exceptions for some and make more harsh decisions on others. In order to be as unbiased as possible, you cannot care about that perception.

Does that make more sense to you?

Thanks
Brad
Old 07-29-2008, 02:00 PM
MBWorld Founder

ryan0 and JRCart - this is not your thread. Both of you need to stop the back and forth.

This is what led to both of you getting in trouble last time.

thanks
Brad
Old 07-29-2008, 02:10 PM

Velvet Fleetwood
alot of drama here. in any case it's sad to see you leave Juicee. I have learned a thing or two from your posts. Best of luck.
Old 07-29-2008, 02:16 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Received 26 Likes on 22 Posts
new balance
You just erased my post, im one of your OLDEST members expressing his opinion, just close the whole thread and save yourself insult and injury
Old 07-29-2008, 02:18 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

You just erased my post, im one of your OLDEST members expressing his opinion, just close the whole thread and save yourself insult and injury

I think someone is a little Trigger happy this morning
Old 07-29-2008, 02:19 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts
E63 P30, CL500 Sport
Common Juicee......... come back........ see all the support you're getting from everyone....

Plus, who's going to help me hold the AMG flag at our track events
Old 07-29-2008, 02:27 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Received 558 Likes on 368 Posts
'19 E63S, ‘16 CLS63 RIP, '09 E63 Gone, '06 M5 Gone, '97 Supra TT Gone
Originally Posted by Blue_Monster
I think someone is a little Trigger happy this morning
Easiest way to quell a mutiny is to shoot your most loyal soldiers. It shows you mean business.
Old 07-29-2008, 02:30 PM

Originally Posted by Cylinder Head
Easiest way to quell a mutiny is to shoot your most loyal soldiers. It shows you mean business.
Damn!!!
Old 07-29-2008, 02:31 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts
Your worst nightmare...
I have been a long time member in this forum. Wayyy back....

I started with my POS E420, then found this forum and started reading into the cars. Got addicted to AMG's and bought a C32, jumped to the E55 forum and guess what I got addicted as well.

it's been a long list of cars for me but that's another story..., I think the least we should be given is some respect. Lately I will admit the site has been filled with some garbage and not very informative information. I don't come in as often but try to visit when ever I can.

To see Juicee (josh) leave is definitely not cool. I mean this is a guy that when I needed a CL to be checked out in the other side of the country (california) he was the first one there checking it out and giving me his excellent feedback. He went above and beyond and I am very thankful for his help in this. All of this happened why? I am sure many of you know the answer. Sometimes we end up squeezing a bit too much and we end up loosing more valuable members then the ones that really start up trouble. Just my .02 cents.

Velvet Fleetwood
I noticed same thing happened to me earlier today, and thought it was me, but now that you mentioned it
MBWorld Fanatic!

Originally Posted by Cylinder Head
It also shows a lack of respect, and in this case, e-thuggery.

Is Damn a word allowed here? I said it a couple times and not sure I got a 1 or 2. How would I know?
Old 07-29-2008, 02:33 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

2005 E 55
You mean this post

Lets call a spade a spade. Ive been a member of this site since its inception and been around long enough to know how its "works". This site has been sold, none of you are clients or future clients of Evosport so dont think he really cares what anyone thinks, as he has displayed without shame. The money has been made already off the backs of dedicated posters and old time members who really love this site and wholeheartidly contribute to its success. This site has 90K+ members, hes not gonna get ruffled because we, who helped make this place what it is, are complaining about a few bans and infractions. Its sad, but lets be realistic and look at the big picture.
Jason
Just trying to help a fellow member out.
Old 07-29-2008, 02:35 PM
MBWorld Founder

Originally Posted by V12Godspeed
I think the least we should be given is some respect.
Yes, but that is a two way street. Some members demand respect without giving it, and that is the problem. If you respect the site, the rules, those that provided it and paid for it (Simon and I personally funded this site without ANY sponsors for about 5 years) - then the site will respect you.

However, if you disrespect the site or me, Simon, or any other mod directly, there are consequences. While the members are critical, the site can exist without some. The site cannot exist without rules, admins or mods.

Obviously with 90,000 users we have done a few things right. The problem is that every 6 months or so we have an uprising of users who feel that they are more important then the site or the rules, and the ego's of these users do not let them see that the rules also apply to them (regardless of how long they have been here or how many great posts they have).

Thanks
Brad
Old 07-29-2008, 03:14 PM

2009 C63 Black on Black
Unhappy ICE!

Originally Posted by MB_Forever
Common Juicee......... come back........ see all the support you're getting from everyone....

Plus, who's going to help me hold the AMG flag at our track events
Who's gonna get the Ice? We'll never make it without you old buddy! Puhlease come back my friend, Who's gonna laugh at my crummy jokes?
Old 07-29-2008, 03:24 PM

2004 E55 AMG, 2002 Porsche 996 TT, 2004 BMW x5 4.8is, 2004 F360
http://youtube.com/watch?v=0fUadzVa0fc
Old 07-29-2008, 03:27 PM

2009 CL63 AMG,2006 CLS55 AMG, 2007 Denali
damm that sucks josh!!
Old 07-29-2008, 03:40 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

C63S coupe, X5M
Sad to see you go josh, always enjoy your posts. I'm not up on the E politics here but whatever is going on seems to be going south fast...
Old 07-29-2008, 03:54 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Received 28 Likes on 25 Posts
2015 E63S, 2018 E63S
Originally Posted by otoupalik
Josh,

You used a word that we don't allow. The COMPLETE site admin and ownership agrees that these words are not allowed.

You were given a WARNING, not even a VIOLATION. This was out of respect to your standing on the site. Most would have been given an infraction.

I am sorry that you don't want to follow the rules. But you intentionally wrote out the word in a way that would be clear for people to see what you meant.

It is just not the way this site is. It has nothing to do with me, it is a SITE decision that we all support.

I personally would not want you to leave this site, but you are an adult and can make any decisions you choose. However, nearly 90,000 members follow the rules, we are only asking that you do as well.

Thanks
Brad

Hey Brad, what was the word? or what does it rhyme with
Old 07-29-2008, 03:57 PM
Banned

AMGs
Sorry to see you go Josh...
Old 07-29-2008, 04:03 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Received 28 Likes on 25 Posts
2015 E63S, 2018 E63S
Originally Posted by tthoang1
Man you went wayyyyyy back for that one!
Old 07-29-2008, 04:05 PM

2004 E55 AMG, 2002 Porsche 996 TT, 2004 BMW x5 4.8is, 2004 F360
Originally Posted by Hammer Down
Man you went wayyyyyy back for that one!
Oldie but a goodie.
Old 07-29-2008, 04:06 PM
MBWorld Founder

Received 8 Likes on 4 Posts
2020 GT R Pro, 2019 GT3 RS, 2018 GT3 Touring
Lets call a spade a spade. Ive been a member of this site since its inception and been around long enough to know how its "works". This site has been sold, none of you are clients or future clients of Evosport so dont think he really cares what anyone thinks, as he has displayed without shame. The money has been made already off the backs of dedicated posters and old time members who really love this site and wholeheartidly contribute to its success. This site has 90K+ members, hes not gonna get ruffled because we, who helped make this place what it is, are complaining about a few bans and infractions. Its sad, but lets be realistic and look at the big picture.
Jason
Jason- I really do appreciate you being around here since 2001. When I started MBWorld (even before it was called MBWorld) at home at 2 in the morning one night many years ago, my motivation was to create a place to bring people together and share information. Fast forward to several years and 90k members later. Things are not as simple anymore. Nothing to do with the fact that the site was sold. Things get complicated as sites like this grow. Having to manage 10's of thousands of members; everyone has their gripes and issues- be it big or small; trying to make as many of the masses happy as possible. Do you realize the amount of emails and inquiries we receive each day? Certainly doesn't make things any easier. Everyone has their own perception of reality. Unless you're in the trenches, you can only paint your own picture. So I will tell you that just because you've been a citizen for many years doesn't mean you know how the government "works". Moderators do what they can to keep things in order, but it's the members who can dictate which direction the site takes. And it frustrates and saddens me when I see threads like this. People complain that the site has taken a turn; I say the members have a BIG role in which direction that goes. Just look at this thread. Everyone has an agenda.

I have to take offense to the comments you made above that were uncalled for. One, because there is no truth or basis to them. Like many others, you make a lot of assumptions and you come up with your own conclusions- so state them as so rather than making blatant comments. The comments regarding "evosport" are a total cop out. I'm personally tired of hearing them. People love using that as a scapegoat. Second, the site was sold yes. We're not sitting on some island, sipping champagne and collecting royalties. We're still here. And of course we care. Some of us have been doing this for 8 years! We don't single people out unless there's a good reason for it. It's simple: someone was given a warning for not following the terms of use. That's it. Leave it at that. Don't make it any more complicated than it needs to be. That user can make a decision in which direction they wish to go. People ask to moderate evenly yet they want to be the exception. We have rules. We HAVE to have rules. Unfortunately, we don't have 90,000 mature adults on this site. In this world, laws are meant for those who couldn't otherwise maintain order which we know is not everyone...yet they must apply to everyone.

But some people have nothing better to do than perpetuate the issues the wrong way. The attitudes and sarcastic responses alone speak volumes. If people want to look at the big picture, I suggest they post something meaningful and positive. And I welcome people to make comments, suggestions and discuss issues like this. I'm in no way saying shut up and deal with it. But do so in a constructive manner. If you want to achieve your objective for the good of the community, the way to do it is in your hands. And that will make all the difference.

You have already rated this thread Rating: Thread Rating: 0 votes,  average.

Quick Reply: Goodbye MBWORLD