New to the forum and need advice

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 07-30-2008, 02:01 AM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
2005 E55
New to the forum and need advice

Hello everyone,

I just bought a 2005 E55 with 33k, everything works great but now I hear noises and the throttle or drive by wire seems a little out of sync. The car is under warranty but will the dealer fix the problems?

I have been reading the threads about minor upgrades such as pulley, and other simple things to help the reliability of the vehicle. Would anyone have the dealer do these mods? Any help with a step by step of upgrades would be nice, I really do not need more power (just a little more) and smooth running for everyday use.

Thanks everyone! Ed

BTW, I am in San Francisco, CA!
Old 07-30-2008, 02:06 AM
Out Of Control!!

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts
2015 S212
I wouldn't do any power mods until the car is certified healthy. these cars are really noisy and jerky so some of it may just be inherent. Yes, build a relationship with you MB service rep. You will see them often.
Old 07-31-2008, 01:53 AM

2005 E55
Any other replies? Is it really common that the transmission or drive by wire jerky while driving in a normal fashion? The people at Autobahn have been really nice. Should or can I get anything warranted? Thank you
Old 07-31-2008, 01:57 AM
Former Vendor

Any AMG Thats Around..
intercooler pump... thats what i would do first...
Old 07-31-2008, 02:01 AM
MBWorld Fanatic!

2003 E55 AMG
Originally Posted by myredbullduc
Hello everyone,

I just bought a 2005 E55 with 33k, everything works great but now I hear noises and the throttle or drive by wire seems a little out of sync. The car is under warranty but will the dealer fix the problems?

I have been reading the threads about minor upgrades such as pulley, and other simple things to help the reliability of the vehicle. Would anyone have the dealer do these mods? Any help with a step by step of upgrades would be nice, I really do not need more power (just a little more) and smooth running for everyday use.

Thanks everyone! Ed

BTW, I am in San Francisco, CA!
You may want to get in touch with Bass for a friendly Bay area dealer.

To answer your specific question about more horsepower, as far as mods, the first performance mod I would do is the crankshaft pulley and ECU tune. I'd also suggest a bigger heat exchanger and while they are taking care of that, replace your pump with a Johnson CM30 pump.

Good luck!
Old 07-31-2008, 02:10 AM

2005 E55
Now I feel the love from this forum! Anyone have a recommendation of where to take it for the upgrades? I have been reading up on some of the threads but really do not know what are fair prices.

Could anyone tell me if they have warranted any of the transmission issues I am having? Maybe even the small noises? I know it sounds like I am nit picking the little issues but it still has a warranty. Maybe I will just call them in the morning.

Thank you for the advice!
Old 07-31-2008, 01:33 PM

2005 E55 / 2008 E63
If you mean Autobahn in the Bay Area you may also want to hit up Mohammad at Fletcher Jones in Fremont. Invaluable SA as he has an E55 with "upgrades"