Sponsored by:

Safe Engine temps (boring i know)

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 08-06-2008, 10:56 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
e55
Safe Engine temps (boring i know)

Just purchased an 03 E55 only a week ago and I'm in love with it. Its summer and I'm in Florida so its hot. I've owned turbo cars with aftermarket radiator, fans, intercoolers and they would still overheat in traffic. Right now the E55 is running between 90-100 degrees. Should i be or am I still good? From what ive read/heard I'm still okay but i wanted to double check. I've read about how crappy the stock pump is and how a new HE and johnson pump is the answer to this issue. I'm just concerned with how hot its running right now......thanks in advance guys
Old 08-06-2008, 11:07 PM

GT-R
congrats on the new vehicle, you will love it. In the Florida heat with the a/c on, my engine sits at one notch above the 80 degree Celsius mark. Hope this helps.
Old 08-06-2008, 11:10 PM

e55
Originally Posted by NXtremeJeep
congrats on the new vehicle, you will love it. In the Florida heat with the a/c on, my engine sits at one notch above the 80 degree Celsius mark. Hope this helps.
yeah on the highway im at that notch and in traffic im 2 notches over the 80 celcius mark
Old 08-07-2008, 12:09 AM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Received 207 Likes on 157 Posts
'03 E55, Range Rover Sport Supercharged, Ducati 748R
Originally Posted by catbread
Just purchased an 03 E55 only a week ago and I'm in love with it. Its summer and I'm in Florida so its hot. I've owned turbo cars with aftermarket radiator, fans, intercoolers and they would still overheat in traffic. Right now the E55 is running between 90-100 degrees. Should i be or am I still good? From what ive read/heard I'm still okay but i wanted to double check. I've read about how crappy the stock pump is and how a new HE and johnson pump is the answer to this issue. I'm just concerned with how hot its running right now......thanks in advance guys
two different issues. your engine temps are fine where they're at. the i/c pump and heat exchanger address intake air temps (iat's).
Old 08-07-2008, 01:52 AM
Out Of Control!!

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts
2015 S212
Separate the two systems. The engine is cool and will always show 90ish. The SC cooler shares fluid, so it is starting hot and making the heat delta too high for fast cooling. Stronger pump and or a larger tank may help but I wouldn't put money into it. Maybe buy the pump so that you can later use it with the SC cooler, but get the HE you will finally want (IMO).
Old 08-07-2008, 10:45 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Received 10 Likes on 10 Posts
water temps on these things are around 190 to 200F, you can use a pc data log to check these.

engine temp display on your dash should read just at 100 or 1 or 2 notches lower..

focus on your IAT's first. Heat Exchanger and pump.