Sponsored by:

Software Update/Flash 08 E63

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 08-15-2008, 12:00 PM
Almost a Member!

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Software Update/Flash 08 E63

I own a 2008 E63. Does anyone know the difference between a Flash and a Software update? Are these flashes/software updates identified in any way by a code or name by Mercedes along with a description of what it's intended to do? I'de like to make sure I received all the current available to my E63? Also heard there may be some updates that don't actually help the performance but weaken it. Feedback much appreciated.
Old 08-15-2008, 08:09 PM
Out Of Control!!

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts
2015 S212
3 points.

1 - Yes, a flash is a new software version that gets coded. Once released, your service tech can download and flash based on your vin and wat the homeland says.

2 - It is good to want all the updates, but the ones that you want are typically NOT ECU based. instead, they are documented as Technical Service Bulletins (TSBs). MB and others change the names to keep us off the sniff, but these are NOT recalls but rather handy helpful training tools to help your tech more efficiently diagnose your issues. I think the sticky at the top is updated?

3 - The whole notion of if MB is evil with their flashes or if the tuners are weak in their upkeep of the changes. Either way, NO 63 has ever complained of such an issue. It was an issue that was mostly prevelent in the '03 and some '04 E55s.