W211 AMG Discuss the W211 AMG's such as the E55 and the E63

No better way to start the week: "Kill"/ECU Reset

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 08-18-2008 | 12:42 PM

2004 E55
No better way to start the week: "Kill"/ECU Reset

Ah, an early morning kill is better than caffeine.

The title reads "kill" in quotations b/c I realize a Dodge Charger (non-SRT8) isn't much competition (absent serious mods).

Nevertheless, for those that know the area, I'm on Jamboree at Michelson heading west. I did not even realize the Charger pulled up and was sitting next to me at the light. On Jamboree, from Michelson to Dupont (the next light), its probably about a 1/4 mile .

Light turns green and he mashes the pedal. I'm not sure which it was, the amazing growl or the chirp of the tires, but beast was quickly awakened from its grogginess and pounced all over the ram (btw...I'm assuming he was pretty well modded based on his exterior mods, exhaust note, and overall fast non-SRT8, but again, I'm only assuming).

Given his jump, he had at least a 3/4 length get on me. Made it all the more fun to watch as the beast reeled him on in.

To the ram's credit, he slowed a bit sooner than I b/c he had to fall in behind me to turn left at Dupont (as was I). But that is of little consequence b/c I had him, hook, line, and sinker, well before that.

As an aside, I reset the tranny adaptations on Sat. What a difference. The beast was pouncing at every tap of the gas. I've done this once before and noticed little difference - I probably did something wrong. This time it feels much better.

Have a great week fellas
Old 08-18-2008 | 01:05 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

E55
Easy kill! Just a little snack for the beast. I had a run in with an srt-8, he tried to get bronco with the 55. I just gave him a taste and let the beast claw his him up pretty good. When it was over he was limping off the freeway with his tail between his legs. Good to see a fellow 55'r upholding the martial law in irvine. Play safe.