Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 09-08-2008, 06:27 PM
Former Vendor

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
2007 Dodge Charger SRT-8
Exclamation 722.6 HTCk Transmissions!

Hello all!

We have a MB test transmission on the way to the shop now!

These HTCk (High Torque Capacity w/ kevlar clutches) transmissions are designed for high horsepower applications.

Features:
  • Paramount Performance Proprietary Kevlar clutches
  • Added clutches for max clutch surface area
  • Proprietary re-engineered Driving Clutch packs (K1/K2/K3)
  • Proprietary clutch piston modifications
  • MAX capacity sprags
  • + some top secret mods
722.9 transmissions will be up next!

Last edited by SOUTHERNHOTROD; 09-10-2008 at 10:42 AM.
Old 09-08-2008, 06:29 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Received 41 Likes on 2 Posts
Mercedes
cant wait to see the results .... keep us posted on progress
Old 09-08-2008, 06:31 PM
Out Of Control!!

Received 94 Likes on 77 Posts
haters crazy
I know whose it is! This is on my to do list but a few other things come first.
Old 09-08-2008, 07:13 PM
Administrator

Received 512 Likes on 111 Posts
Drives Slowly
I am very interested in this but have a few questions. I traded a couple of pm's with BillBuilder from South Carolina, is he part of your group?

Sorry for what may be silly questions but are all the MB software issues worked out? Torque management, rev limit, stall speed, TCM adaptive memories, etc? Can I rest assure that I will not go into limp mode?

What should I get with this change besides a hardier rear-end? What would you expect in terms of 60ft times and ETs? Any change it trap speeds?
Old 09-08-2008, 07:37 PM
Former Vendor

2007 Dodge Charger SRT-8
Originally Posted by Rock
I am very interested in this but have a few questions. I traded a couple of pm's with BillBuilder from South Carolina, is he part of your group?

Sorry for what may be silly questions but are all the MB software issues worked out? Torque management, rev limit, stall speed, TCM adaptive memories, etc? Can I rest assure that I will not go into limp mode?

What should I get with this change besides a hardier rear-end? What would you expect in terms of 60ft times and ETs? Any change it trap speeds?
Bill owns Paramount Performance. This is a joint venture between Southern Hotrod and Paramount Performance.

We do not do any software mods at this time. This upgrade is clutch material/mechanical/and hydraulic.

You can give me a call @ 888-244-4364 tomorrow. I will be glad to discuss this in detail.

Thanks!
Old 09-08-2008, 10:21 PM
Almost a Member!

1997 SL500
Originally Posted by Rock

Rock,
Yes, this is a joint venture between Southern Hotrod and Paramount Performance Products.
My background for 10 years as a Senior Development Engineer with Daimler and Eddie's previous NAG1 experience brought us along parallel paths on the redesign of the NAG1 to withstand unbelievable power.

As Eddie stated, our end is more hardware / hydraulic development, not the software development.

I did find out today that the axle tooling I just received for my front Dana 44 positraction installation in the SRT8 Jeep works for the MB rear axles! Interesting.

These are extremely interesting times for Eddie and I as we continue to develop and use our testers along with ourselves to improve your vehicles.

Give Eddie a call at the shop in the am.
I will be spending the remainder of the week, beginning Wednesday, with him at the shop.

Hopefully, you can tell how passionate we are about creating the best components possible!
Bill