W211 AMG Discuss the W211 AMG's such as the E55 and the E63
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

ASP Racing pulley

Search this Thread

Rating: Thread Rating: 10 votes, 5.00 average.

Old 09-09-2008, 12:29 AM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
ASP Racing pulley

Just bought my car saturday thinking about buying this asp racing pulley has any one else done this is it a good idea or should i do something different there claimimg 42 hp to the wheels heres a link to the item

https://www.aspracing.com/ezRetail/s...php?msg_id=393
Old 09-09-2008, 12:37 AM

E55 AMG
I have the pulley and its great. However u do need a tune to go along with it or else you will gain no power or actually lose power in some cases.
Old 09-09-2008, 12:53 AM

Originally Posted by hamann69
I have the pulley and its great. However u do need a tune to go along with it or else you will gain no power or actually lose power in some cases.
sorry if this is a dumb question and its been asked a million times im new wheres the best place to get a tune with this pulley i live in utah so there are not many mercedes tuners if any at all around here
Old 09-09-2008, 01:26 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Received 11 Likes on 9 Posts
2003 E55 & 2014 GL550
Contact VRP in LA. You pull the ECU and send it to LA and they flash it and send it back same day they receive it.

Most tuners do that BTW, just wanted you to know the process.

OH, and ONLY take your car to MB of Lindon for service. Garff in Salt Lake is the Devil with a tool belt on. If you have ANY type of warranty, it will be instantly voided with Garf. MB of Lindon will install the pulley for ya with no trouble. Just ask for the car to be serviced by Ken Robinson.

http://www.vrptuning.com/
Old 09-09-2008, 03:16 PM

Originally Posted by Jakpro1
Contact VRP in LA. You pull the ECU and send it to LA and they flash it and send it back same day they receive it.

Most tuners do that BTW, just wanted you to know the process.

OH, and ONLY take your car to MB of Lindon for service. Garff in Salt Lake is the Devil with a tool belt on. If you have ANY type of warranty, it will be instantly voided with Garf. MB of Lindon will install the pulley for ya with no trouble. Just ask for the car to be serviced by Ken Robinson.

http://www.vrptuning.com/
i feel you on that my clk is at ken garff right now and i feel like it was a big mistake never had any experience with the dealership in lindon
Old 09-09-2008, 03:52 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts
E63 P30, CL500 Sport
Originally Posted by hamann69
+1 Tune is a must.
Old 09-09-2008, 04:22 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Received 11 Likes on 9 Posts
2003 E55 & 2014 GL550
i feel you on that my clk is at ken garff right now and i feel like it was a big mistake never had any experience with the dealership in lindon
For real, they (Garf) have to be the most strict anti-modders I have ever seen. Unless they have recently changed and I doubt it. Regular service is fine but when you get the ECU tuned, you have to stay away from them. They will reflash you without any hesitiation and then void you if you complain.

Lindon is a haul, but SO worth the drive. Love those big lugs.