W211 AMG Discuss the W211 AMG's such as the E55 and the E63

Got run off the road last night

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 09-12-2008 | 07:18 PM
Former Vendor of MBWorld

2003 W211 E55, 2003 W220 S600
Got run off the road last night

As you all know I just purchased a 2003 E55 last week. Last night someone cut me off and I had to jump the curb in order to avoid him. Final result - front suspension collapse, 3 wheels cracked, passenger wheel pushed back a bit, passenger fender bent. The person who cut me off ran away did not get this license plate. I have filed a claim with geico already. I am sad and thankful at the same time, at least i didnot hit something else and i didnot get injured.

Does anyone know what could have happened to the airmatic suspension.
Old 09-12-2008 | 07:23 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Mercedes
WOW..... Good thing you are ok after that kind of crash......

I cannot believe that people actually run others off the road
Old 09-12-2008 | 07:32 PM
Former Vendor of MBWorld

what could casue the front suspension to collapse?
Old 09-12-2008 | 07:52 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Mercedes Benz
Originally Posted by shardul
what could casue the front suspension to collapse?
If you have that much suspension damage you might be shopping for a new car again. subframes and suspension parts add up quickly and some of the frame work cant be fixed once bent.

I would just let the insurance company do its thing but push for a new car if wheels are all bent and pushed rearwards.

Do you have photos of the car?
Old 09-12-2008 | 09:22 PM
Former Vendor of MBWorld

Originally Posted by CynCarvin32
If you have that much suspension damage you might be shopping for a new car again. subframes and suspension parts add up quickly and some of the frame work cant be fixed once bent.

I would just let the insurance company do its thing but push for a new car if wheels are all bent and pushed rearwards.

Do you have photos of the car?
doesnot look like frame damage hopefully, the front wheel is pushed back by an inch.
Old 09-12-2008 | 11:32 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

06 SL65 / 97 993tt /11 Suburban/ 2012 GTR (AMG è la mia Famiglia la Bestia è la mia protezione)
Shardul...sorry to hear about the accident. I hope everything works out for you. Stay safe.

Jon
Old 09-13-2008 | 03:37 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

CLK Cabrio
wow bro really sorry to hear that, at least everyone is ok. had someone run me into the guard rail a few years back. hope all ends well.
Old 09-13-2008 | 05:48 PM

1988 535i 5 speed
I really don't understand what could possibly be going through someone's head that they would want to do something to somebody that might potentially kill them. Sorry about the car, its a sad thing to see this happen.
Old 09-13-2008 | 07:23 PM
CWW
MBWorld Fanatic!

SL600
As you all know I just purchased a 2003 E55 last week. Last night someone cut me off and I had to jump the curb in order to avoid him. Final result - front suspension collapse, 3 wheels cracked, passenger wheel pushed back a bit, passenger fender bent. The person who cut me off ran away did not get this license plate. I have filed a claim with geico already. I am sad and thankful at the same time, at least i didnot hit something else and i didnot get injured.

Does anyone know what could have happened to the airmatic suspension.
Lol. I had the same exact thing happen to me back in 2006.

I was driving my 740i, and this truck came up next to me in the left lane. Nobody else on the road for as far as the eye could see. I gave it some gas to move ahead, as I didn't want to sit right next to the only other car on the road.

I guess he thinks I was trying to race him and he floors it. Then after a second or so, he lets off the gas and pulls the biggest dick move on the planet, and swerved right at me heading into my lane.

So I had no choice but to jack over from my lane onto the shoulder of the road, and I didn't stay there for more than a second or two before I notice there is a guard rail coming up, as we were approaching a bridge.

The distance was so short, I would have smacked the guard rail even if I slammed on the brakes. So rather than worry about it, I just jacked the wheel way over to the left and rammed the douchebag. His truck skidded a couple feet over to the left, and I had room to clear the guard rail and the cement bridge railing that was behind it.

He had a dually, and his outter wheel was all F*d up and the tire shredded, but he was still rolling on the inner wheel. He really had to work hard to keep it on the road, but he managed to pull out of his skid and get it back under control. I motioned for him to pull over, and then I headed for the end of the JTB expressway with the intention of pulling into the Liberty Property Trust building's parking lot so we could exchange info and call the cops. He followed me for a short while, then cut his lights off and took off onto one of the I-95 exit ramps. I threw it in reverse and tried to see which way he went, but he was gone.

There was no place to pull over before that, because the road narrows to this bridge/overpass (same one I was going to hit the railing of) at that area, and there is no shoulder. Ugh. Live and learn. If it ever happens again, I will follow THEM not the other way around.

Ultimately, the damage wasn't even bad. I needed a new rearview mirror, some smoothing to the door shells, and paint. That was it, besides for one little rubber trim strip with chrome that went down the middle of the door. So anyway, been there done that, and I say if you find yourself in a similar situation, then just ram the douchewad. As long as you are traveling the same direction, the damage will be minimal compared to hitting a stationary object, and their insurance will have to pay for it anyway, well assuming yours doesn't turn into a hit & run like mine did.

Worst part of the whole experience was dealing with the Tom Bush body shop. They were just Farking horrible. Final bill was $1400 and change, woulda been totalled and (probably) me severely hurt if I had decided to hit the rail rather than the other car.

Last edited by CWW; 09-13-2008 at 07:29 PM.
Old 09-13-2008 | 10:05 PM
Former Vendor of MBWorld

thank you for the comments. I am so worried right now. I live in houston which go hit by hurricane IKE. the car is at some storage lot. they dont even know if the lot is flooded. hopefully monday morning i can get it towed to motorwerks of houston.
Old 09-13-2008 | 10:12 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

06 SL65 / 97 993tt /11 Suburban/ 2012 GTR (AMG è la mia Famiglia la Bestia è la mia protezione)
thank you for the comments. I am so worried right now. I live in houston which go hit by hurricane IKE. the car is at some storage lot. they dont even know if the lot is flooded. hopefully monday morning i can get it towed to motorwerks of houston.
Man...that sounds stressful. Stay safe.
Old 09-13-2008 | 10:25 PM
Former Vendor of MBWorld

Originally Posted by AMGfan
Man...that sounds stressful. Stay safe.
man tell me about it
Old 09-14-2008 | 09:02 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

2006 E55
man, I had some crazy girl almost ran me off the freeway this morning. She was next to me, and then swerved into my lane to get around a car. Luckily I had a feeling she was going to do that, so I was ready to swerve. As I'm moving to the next lane, she's still coming. So she did a double lane change while cutting in front. I swore I was going to nail her. So I needed to go over another lane, but there was a car there. I ended up slamming on the brakes, tires screeching so I didn't nail the car in the lane I was forced into.

After I regained myself, I caught up to her, rolled down the window and yelled every obsenity I could think of as well as giving her the one fingered salute the whole time. She just stared ahead like she had no idea. It was some teenage girl driving some pos mitsu 3000 gt. I should have got her plates and called the cops, but anger got the better of me.

After I blew by her, she races up swerving lane to lane still oblivious. I just let her go and prayed she would get pulled over or wrecked. I was so pissed, I had to try very hard to keep myself front throwing something at her car as I drove past her.
Old 09-14-2008 | 10:16 PM

Originally Posted by psk145
man, I had some crazy girl almost ran me off the freeway this morning. She was next to me, and then swerved into my lane to get around a car. Luckily I had a feeling she was going to do that, so I was ready to swerve. As I'm moving to the next lane, she's still coming. So she did a double lane change while cutting in front. I swore I was going to nail her. So I needed to go over another lane, but there was a car there. I ended up slamming on the brakes, tires screeching so I didn't nail the car in the lane I was forced into.

After I regained myself, I caught up to her, rolled down the window and yelled every obsenity I could think of as well as giving her the one fingered salute the whole time. She just stared ahead like she had no idea. It was some teenage girl driving some pos mitsu 3000 gt. I should have got her plates and called the cops, but anger got the better of me.

After I blew by her, she races up swerving lane to lane still oblivious. I just let her go and prayed she would get pulled over or wrecked. I was so pissed, I had to try very hard to keep myself front throwing something at her car as I drove past her.
I too feel your anger. I was visting my GF sister in a town 30 miles away when I almost got hit. My GF and I were in the CLK and this girl swerved in front of us b/c someone was turning left on the double lane road and she did not want to wait. Time went literly in slow motion b/c I though we were going to crash. My GF screamed and I almost hit the curb. I slammed on the horn and she tried to speed away but I got right next to her and paced her for about 2 miles. She would not look over and her face was white as a ghost. I also had the horn on all the time, which I found out makes perople seriouly uncomfotable.
Old 09-14-2008 | 10:31 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

2006 E55
couldn't honk, flip the bird, and drive at the same time.

The girl this morning had no remorse and continued to drive like an idiot. Reminds me of the girl that stole her dads porsche and wrecked horribly a few years ago. No sense of judgement space or speed.