Question for MHP

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 09-23-2008, 10:33 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
2005 E55
Question for MHP

So that it doesn't get lost in any of the multiple threads/pi$$ing contests let me start my own thread with a simple question for Andy in the hopes that I can get a direct answer. I am just frustrated. Not taking sides or being accusatory. But I feel like the possible consumers who want answers and are hoping that this product is as great as advertised are getting lost in the shuffle.

Andy - On behalf of the other BONE STOCK E55's out there, have you dyno or track tested your ECU/TCU on the E55? What were the results?

I am not interested in putting a wrench to my car, not interested in a faulty pulley nightmare, emissions problems and CEL's from headers, so I am interested in learning about what I could expect from your product. I know it will have firmer shifts, throttle blipping and other nice features, but I want to know what sort of RWHP/RWTQ increases or trap improvements I could expect. I imagine that simply by fixing the AFR's above 5,000 rpm, you can squeeze 20 plus RWHP out of it.

And if you do not have the data, it is perfectly fine to say you don't. I and many others on this board value honesty.

Thanks.
Old 09-23-2008, 10:37 PM
MHP
Banned

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
'09 C63 AMG
Originally Posted by enzom
So that it doesn't get lost in any of the multiple threads/pi$$ing contests let me start my own thread with a simple question for Andy in the hopes that I can get a direct answer. I am just frustrated. Not taking sides or being accusatory. But I feel like the possible consumers who want answers and are hoping that this product is as great as advertised are getting lost in the shuffle.

Andy - On behalf of the other BONE STOCK E55's out there, have you dyno or track tested your ECU/TCU on the E55? What were the results?

I am not interested in putting a wrench to my car, not interested in a faulty pulley nightmare, emissions problems and CEL's from headers, so I am interested in learning about what I could expect from your product. I know it will have firmer shifts, throttle blipping and other nice features, but I want to know what sort of RWHP/RWTQ increases or trap improvements I could expect. I imagine that simply by fixing the AFR's above 5,000 rpm, you can squeeze 20 plus RWHP out of it.

And if you do not have the data, it is perfectly fine to say you don't. I and many others on this board value honesty.

Thanks.
Understood and sorry if I missed your post before, it's been yet another long day...
Before going further are you asking about ECU + TCU gains or just TCU gains?

Thanks
Andy
Old 09-23-2008, 10:42 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

2003 E55 AMG
Say, isn't Andy looking for a bone stock 55 as a proof vehicle...

:clappingforEnzom:
Old 09-23-2008, 10:44 PM
MHP
Banned

'09 C63 AMG
Originally Posted by I Like Soup
Say, isn't Andy looking for a bone stock 55 as a proof vehicle...

:clappingforEnzom:
Yep. I think I have one, I'll know for sure by tomorrow. Still accepting offers though.

Thanks
Old 09-24-2008, 08:56 AM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
2005 E55
Thanks Andy - Both ECU and TCU.

As I offered before, if you want to use my car to demonstrate your before/after gains, let me know. I am in NJ and only 45 minutes away from Englishtown.