Was the E55 built for speed or status?

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 10-01-2008, 07:29 AM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts
2005 E55 ///AMG
Originally Posted by qat
Wouldn't be suprised if my vehicle is somehow de-tuned just like some other members have mentioned after getting their car back from the dealer. I don't think there is anything mechanically wrong with my vehicle- I think the computer programming is somehow off- or de-tuned. I remember my car use to cruise at a higher rpm- now it sits at around 1100 rpms- that does not seem like a very strong spot to accellerate from. And I don't care about the gas I save either- I bought this car for speed, not to save an extra 4 miles per gallon.
So many things wrong with this thread....but I can't stop posting.

Cruising at 1100 RPM? Maybe if you are going around 45 MPH and it hits 5th gear. If you are around 70 MPH, it will be at 2000 RPM.

Your car is detuned at most down to 469BHP...which would have no problems keeping up with the vehicles you listed as well as still blowing them off the planet.

You've been told what to do, now go do it and report back. I personally would love to see a dyno chart of your car along with pictures of this vehicle.
Old 10-01-2008, 12:43 PM
qat
Banned

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
04 e55
Originally Posted by W211 BEAST
Serg used to be a master tech at an MB dealership. He's the only person that I trust with my car. Trust me, you'll be in good hands with Serg.
I'm not gonna knock someone that I don't know or have not tested but I will consider. I called them yesterday but he was not in.
Not sure if its the same Serge but there is a forum on a shop posting pictures of rotors that were supposedly defective/sub quality.
Old 10-01-2008, 12:48 PM
qat
Banned

04 e55
Originally Posted by deaded
This may sound dumb, but have you tried the ECU reset?
How do you do the ECU reset? I was gonna mention today that I did do the tranny reset by pressing down the accellerator etc. It seems to make a difference but what kills me about my car is when I am coasting and need to accellerate (which is about 90% of the time while driving) to change lanes etc and the car accellarates from about 1200 rpm and feels like a Honda S2000 in low rpm range. The car just does not feel responsive like it was before- before, I would hit the gas slightly and the car would immediately downshift and give full power around 2500-3000 rpm- now, I hit the gas, nothing happens, hit it again, and its downshifting and screaming. Driving this morning- I had the accellerator steady, went to press it a little more and the vehicle trys to upshift before engaging back to the same gear- I think this is a computer programming issue.
Also, a couple of times on the freeway, my car did not want to upshift.
Old 10-01-2008, 12:53 PM
qat
Banned

04 e55
Originally Posted by Timeless
So many things wrong with this thread....but I can't stop posting.

Cruising at 1100 RPM? Maybe if you are going around 45 MPH and it hits 5th gear. If you are around 70 MPH, it will be at 2000 RPM.

Your car is detuned at most down to 469BHP...which would have no problems keeping up with the vehicles you listed as well as still blowing them off the planet.

You've been told what to do, now go do it and report back. I personally would love to see a dyno chart of your car along with pictures of this vehicle.
My car is all stock.
5th gear is not a good measure since the engine rpm is based on gearing since its the last gear so driving above a certain speed like 70 will make the rpm based on the tranny gearing- if that makes sense. I usually look at the rpm when the auto tranny is cruising at a lower speed like say 30-50mph- I think the computer tells the vehicle what gear it should be in etc etc- and in my case, my vehicle is about 1100 rpm at the 30-50 mph range- not sure if thats normal since the car seems to be out of its power gear and power range.
Also, I'm complaining about the drivability (power, shifting, etc.) so not sure if a Dyno test will reveal that.
Old 10-01-2008, 12:58 PM
qat
Banned

04 e55
Who knows- maybe that is just the way a Mercedes drives but they should have not teased me with how it felt strong and fast before unless I am just getting used to it but I doubt that.
I've noticed threads on other forums where owners noticed the same thing.
Old 10-01-2008, 01:16 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
AMG E55, Stage 1, Strait Pipe from Primary Cats
Originally Posted by jangy
I smell something, but take it to Serge anyways. I've had MB techs call me in to tell them if an SC is shutting down, so them not being used to all the TQ is actually normal.
Apparently, the OP has his head so far up his own a$$ he cannot listen?

Sell your car and stop whining.
Old 10-01-2008, 01:40 PM
qat
Banned

04 e55
Originally Posted by Vader55

It might be whining to you but its only a statement to me. Its called conversation. Just because you don't like it does not mean you have the right to lash out of people. Get a life.
Old 10-01-2008, 02:09 PM
qat
Banned

04 e55
Originally Posted by Vader55

Hey. Do you work for Harbor Sound or Harbor MotorSports? I remember seeing that car in your picture with the ugly blacked out tail lights (usually seen on Dodge Chargers by the way) there once.
Old 10-01-2008, 06:27 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

2005 E55 ///AMG
Originally Posted by qat
Who knows- maybe that is just the way a Mercedes drives but they should have not teased me with how it felt strong and fast before unless I am just getting used to it but I doubt that.
Good lord...quit the whining already. There is nothing wrong with the E55...your E55 maybe...but not the E55 as a car. Quit trolling already and get it fixed.

I still want to see pictures of this supposed lame E55.
Old 10-01-2008, 08:23 PM
qat
Banned

04 e55
Good lord...quit the whining already. There is nothing wrong with the E55...your E55 maybe...but not the E55 as a car. Quit trolling already and get it fixed.

I still want to see pictures of this supposed lame E55.
Do you know the definiton of whining? People ask questions and I give answers.
No one said there is something wrong with all E55s- if there was then it would be pointless to ask others if my vehicle is normal- wouldn't ya think?
My intention was to get advice just like most others do on this forum.
I apologize if what I say does not interest you but tough *****- no one asked you to read my posts.
Like I said before, its all stock- Google it- you can see many E55s that look exactly the same.
Old 10-01-2008, 09:33 PM
Banned

02 S500 Sport
Dude just listen to their advice and take your car to the REPAIR SHOP that they recomended end of story !
Old 10-01-2008, 09:48 PM
qat
Banned

04 e55
Originally Posted by Gondon
Dude just listen to their advice and take your car to the REPAIR SHOP that they recomended end of story !
Already got a call from MB of America today- should be taking my vehicle back to them soon.

Posted the question to see if anyone experienced the same issues so I could at least have a better explanation to them- wasn't interested in a shop referral since my vehicle is still under warranty but I will keep them in mind.
Old 10-01-2008, 10:01 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

2003 E55 AMG
Qat...stay the course. Get those f'ers at the dealer to fix your car. Also, find some other E55 to drive and you'll see/feel what it is supposed to be like. As for you driving at 30-50mph and looking at the tach...well, if you are just cruising and not punching it, it will be in a higher gear for...well...cruising. Remember, this thing won't be sitting around at a high rpm unless you are punching it. Then again, it sounds like you may have some issues there too so...I'm curious to hear what the ultimate verdict is. Good luck!
Old 10-01-2008, 10:18 PM
Out Of Control!!

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts
2015 S212
Originally Posted by qat

No they didn't. Those guys had legit issues that time showed true. By now, we've learned a crap load on these cars and your '04 is no anomoly.
Old 10-01-2008, 10:20 PM
Out Of Control!!

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts
2015 S212
Originally Posted by qat
Already got a call from MB of America today- should be taking my vehicle back to them soon.

Posted the question to see if anyone experienced the same issues so I could at least have a better explanation to them- wasn't interested in a shop referral since my vehicle is still under warranty but I will keep them in mind.
Man, you are so smart. If you think this is how you get MBUSA to "help", LOL!!!
Old 10-01-2008, 10:30 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

2005 E55 ///AMG
Originally Posted by jangy
Man, you are so smart. If you think this is how you get MBUSA to "help", LOL!!!
I hope I am wrong, but I swear it smells troll like.

I'm still waiting to see the pics of this E55. Surely he has taken some pics of his car.
Old 10-01-2008, 10:51 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
2006 E55 BEAST
If were going Poser Disposer on his a$$ we should ask for pics with a piece of paper with the date and his screenname on it in the windshield. And he should have to take the pics while there is a glare on his windshield.

Its a test in photography as well as one in character.

Old 10-01-2008, 10:57 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Received 38 Likes on 37 Posts
E55
Did someone say ownage??
Old 10-01-2008, 11:06 PM

2005 E55 / 2008 E63
Burn it for the insurance $$ and get a "new" Altima and jump on that forum...
Old 10-02-2008, 12:16 AM
qat
Banned

04 e55
I hope I am wrong, but I swear it smells troll like.

I'm still waiting to see the pics of this E55. Surely he has taken some pics of his car.
Read some of the post- it looks like some people hear of such issues- thats all I needed to know- and if they knew of possible solutions of course.

I don't take pictures of my car- I drive it.
Old 10-02-2008, 12:22 AM
qat
Banned

04 e55
Originally Posted by I Like Soup
Qat...stay the course. Get those f'ers at the dealer to fix your car. Also, find some other E55 to drive and you'll see/feel what it is supposed to be like. As for you driving at 30-50mph and looking at the tach...well, if you are just cruising and not punching it, it will be in a higher gear for...well...cruising. Remember, this thing won't be sitting around at a high rpm unless you are punching it. Then again, it sounds like you may have some issues there too so...I'm curious to hear what the ultimate verdict is. Good luck!
Thanks for the info.

I had the question about the rpm sitting at 1100 at a 40mph cruise because I thought the rpm was kind of low and was wondering if the computer was prematurely upshifting the vehicle to too high a gear. Imagine accelerating a car from 1100 rpm just like choosing too high a gear in a manual tranny. MB dealer told me its normal but wanted to get a second opinion from other E55 drivers.
Old 10-02-2008, 12:28 AM
qat
Banned

04 e55
Originally Posted by W211 BEAST
If were going Poser Disposer on his a$$ we should ask for pics with a piece of paper with the date and his screenname on it in the windshield. And he should have to take the pics while there is a glare on his windshield.

Its a test in photography as well as one in character.

The car is a $30k car- you can buy a fully loaded Odyssey for almost $40k- why would I want to pretend I own a $30k car when I can pretend I own a reliable Odyssey that costs more. But then again- if I owned an Odyssey, I would not be WHINING. LOL

Seriously, you work for or represent MB? Can't handle criticism. I feel you- I own the same vehicle you do and when I have issues chasing down a 4 runner, Audi A4 (not the S4 or RS4 mind you), etc- it makes me embarassed and mad just like how you feel when I put my car (and yours) down.
Old 10-02-2008, 01:08 AM
qat
Banned

04 e55
https://mbworld.org/forums/w211-amg/59555-hesitation-de-mystified.html
Old 10-02-2008, 01:10 AM
qat
Banned

04 e55
Originally Posted by jdeastbay
Burn it for the insurance $$ and get a "new" Altima and jump on that forum...
Thinking about it. Any other advice?

Do you know what is wrong with my car since you seem to know so much?
Old 10-02-2008, 01:13 AM
qat
Banned

04 e55
Originally Posted by Max.H
Did someone say ownage??
You drove an SMG- anything is better than that.

You have already rated this thread Rating: Thread Rating: 0 votes,  average.

Quick Reply: Was the E55 built for speed or status?