W211 AMG Discuss the W211 AMG's such as the E55 and the E63
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Dyno'd my stock E55 - Wow, you won't believe this.

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 10-06-2008, 02:15 PM
Former Vendor of MBWorld

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
W211 E55
Words of wisdom from Marcus.

BTW, my 11.59 modded car doesn't make those numbers. She also dynoed between 380-390RWHP stock. (Dyno Dynamics)

Originally Posted by Marcus Frost
I hate to be the bearer of bad news - but that # is simply not possible on a stock car. I use Dyno Dynamics and my apologies to Andy but his comments about Dyno Dynamics are simply not correct. Dyno Dynamics makes the heart breaker dyno and while you can config ANY dyno to give you inflated #s, Dyno Dynamics is by far the most conservative that I have seen. This has been discussed a lot, and I won't go into it further.

A normal 55k car makes 380-390rwhp on a Dyno Dynamics. 370 on the low end, 400 on the high end. I'm not sure what's going on there, but I can assure you, you aren't making 486rwhp. That would equate to ~623bhp

-m
Old 10-06-2008, 02:21 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Received 10 Likes on 9 Posts
GLC 63 S AMG / Corvette C8 / Jaguar SVR
Originally Posted by ChicagoX

BTW, my 11.59 modded car doesn't make those numbers. She also dynoed between 380-390RWHP stock. (Dyno Dynamics)
What mods on your 55?

Also for the 11.59 run what was ur mph and 60'? nice run btw
Old 10-06-2008, 02:40 PM
Banned

02 S500 Sport
DynoLicious is like $12.99, but its worth it !
Old 10-06-2008, 02:44 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Received 9 Likes on 6 Posts
05 E55
Originally Posted by Gondon
DynoLicious is like $12.99, but its worth it !

Sweet. Does it work on the first iPod or only the newer one?
Old 10-06-2008, 03:03 PM
NA1

W211 E55 AMG, LS2 GTO
Yep, unrealistic numbers and every dyno is different. It's valid if you utilized it as a before/after comparison. But who cares, if you happy it's all that matters.

Now, hit the drag strip and show the TRUE results. Your trap and times will tell the tale.

Old 10-06-2008, 04:01 PM
Former Vendor of MBWorld

W211 E55
Originally Posted by InTheBenz0
What mods on your 55?

Also for the 11.59 run what was ur mph and 60'? nice run btw
60' was 1.67 on Toyo T1R street tires in OEM sizing. MPH was ~119 IIRC.

I believe it to be the quickest street-tire pass on record. DA was between 1500'-2000', so there's more in her, for sure.

Mods are ASP pulley, TB, LET Heat Exchanger, custom header-back exhaust, stock manifolds.

I have added the PTE thermostat since then, and will be adding headers soon.
Old 10-06-2008, 04:03 PM
Banned

02 S500 Sport
Originally Posted by str8ridin
Sweet. Does it work on the first iPod or only the newer one?
Both.

I have it on the first.
Just Calibrate the device then set it up Flat somehwere in your car and run. There was a post how to mount it properly in the w211 here.
Old 10-06-2008, 04:15 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

05 E55
Both.

I have it on the first.
Just Calibrate the device then set it up Flat somehwere in your car and run. There was a post how to mount it properly in the w211 here.
Cool, thanks. I'll do that this weekend. Of course, there will be skeptics in those numbers too, but what can you do....

Real track time is scheduled for 10/18....depending on the weather in Seattle. And, well, it likes to rain here.
Old 10-06-2008, 09:15 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

05 E55
Originally Posted by Fikse
the launch will determine your ET's, but the trap speed will show your HP.... expect 120 MPH with that kind of power with decent weather and track...

Well, this is all I have....traction control on and had to look and turn before I got on the road, but 120mph in about 12 seconds. Time it yourself.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=beRAAYeKvSk

Not sure if that says anything, but I think that video is cool!
Old 10-06-2008, 10:34 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
STS,FGT,12C,P85D,M4
nice video, looks quick! ever try a GTEC? you can get good deals on them on ebay....

Well, this is all I have....traction control on and had to look and turn before I got on the road, but 120mph in about 12 seconds. Time it yourself.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=beRAAYeKvSk

Not sure if that says anything, but I think that video is cool!
Old 10-06-2008, 10:43 PM
Former Vendor of MBWorld

W211 E55
Originally Posted by Fikse
nice video, looks quick! ever try a GTEC? you can get good deals on them on ebay....
+1

The Gtec PRO RR is a very repeatable tool. I was impressed with the performance/price.
Old 10-07-2008, 02:30 AM
MBWorld Fanatic!

05 E55
+1

The Gtec PRO RR is a very repeatable tool. I was impressed with the performance/price.
I found one on Craigslist for $120! I'll buy it for ****s and giggles.

And I hope my 120mph in 12 second street video brought some validity to my "crazy" numbers to all you skeptics in the interim.

All in good fun.
Old 10-07-2008, 02:37 AM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Received 207 Likes on 157 Posts
'03 E55, Range Rover Sport Supercharged, Ducati 748R
I found one on Craigslist for $120! I'll buy it for ****s and giggles.

And I hope my 120mph in 12 second street video brought some validity to my "crazy" numbers to all you skeptics in the interim.

All in good fun.
i didn't watch the video but actually it doesn't. you should be reaching approximately 122 in 11.5s or better.
Old 10-07-2008, 02:43 AM
MBWorld Fanatic!

05 E55
Originally Posted by chiromikey
i didn't watch the video but actually it doesn't. you should be reaching approximately 122 in 11.5s or better.
hmm. Alright, I give up. You guys are a tough crowd.

I'll chime back in when I have some track numbers and/or new dynojet numbers. I'm curious myself now! Until then, I'll just enjoy my "I think it's fast" E55.
Old 10-07-2008, 02:44 AM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Received 207 Likes on 157 Posts
'03 E55, Range Rover Sport Supercharged, Ducati 748R

I'll chime back in when I have some track numbers and/or new dynojet numbers. I'm curious myself now! Until then, I'll just enjoy my "I think it's fast" E55.
Old 10-07-2008, 12:32 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Received 54 Likes on 44 Posts
2008 CLK63 Black Series 2012 C63 Black Series 2014 SLS Black Series

They are a tough crowd. They questioned my dyno figures even after 3 dyno tests by 3 independent shops on 3 different dynos, all numbers were within 4whp yet, they still questioned me. Then came my 1/4 times at the strip and they yet again questioned my HP due to my lower than expected trap speeds. Hell, they even questioned if I really owned a Black Series when I first joined this forum. You will never make them all happy, so do like you said and go out and enjoy your fast car. BTW, my Black Series, to the best of my knowledge, has laid down the highest baseline stock numbers of any Black Series to date. These Black Series have had baseline figures ranging from 396-420, mine dynoed between 419.6 and 420.2 on two seperate dynos in stock tune. All motors will vary slightly and in some cases significantly, you may have gotten a "good" one, consider yourself lucky.
Old 10-07-2008, 12:38 PM

01 CLK 55 AMG
Jesus H Christ, make me wanna trade in my car for an E55
Old 10-07-2008, 08:41 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Real Cars
Originally Posted by jrcart
They are a tough crowd. They questioned my dyno figures even after 3 dyno tests by 3 independent shops on 3 different dynos, all numbers were within 4whp yet, they still questioned me. Then came my 1/4 times at the strip and they yet again questioned my HP due to my lower than expected trap speeds. Hell, they even questioned if I really owned a Black Series when I first joined this forum. You will never make them all happy, so do like you said and go out and enjoy your fast car. BTW, my Black Series, to the best of my knowledge, has laid down the highest baseline stock numbers of any Black Series to date. These Black Series have had baseline figures ranging from 396-420, mine dynoed between 419.6 and 420.2 on two seperate dynos in stock tune. All motors will vary slightly and in some cases significantly, you may have gotten a "good" one, consider yourself lucky.
Jim Mr. Reagan put it best - "trust, but verify." You can't be offended when people use logic as opposed to "trust" when someone posts their #s. I call a spade a spade, I don't really care who's posting it. If your car does, indeed, make 502rwhp, that's phenomenal - but I don't think you give much credit to the fact that if you dyno'd 420rwhp stock - you gained 80rwhp from pretty simple modifications on a normally aspirated motor. It's not impossible, but it's very rare - so to have trouble believing it I think is not out of line at all. Additionally, your trap speeds without spray do not support the rwhp you were claiming, so I don't understand why you are scratching your head over the fact that people don't see it all adding up, regardless of what the dynos are telling you.

CPT has done more MBs in Chicago than anyone else. Their Dyno Dynamics dyno has had plenty of MBs strapped to it, including all of mine (minus the GL) and it would be a great place for you to strap your car down and compare it to some other MBs if you are that concerned with people not believing you.

-m
Old 10-08-2008, 12:57 AM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Received 8 Likes on 7 Posts
LET C32 2002
Old 10-08-2008, 09:49 AM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Jim Mr. Reagan put it best - "trust, but verify." You can't be offended when people use logic as opposed to "trust" when someone posts their #s. I call a spade a spade, I don't really care who's posting it. If your car does, indeed, make 502rwhp, that's phenomenal - but I don't think you give much credit to the fact that if you dyno'd 420rwhp stock - you gained 80rwhp from pretty simple modifications on a normally aspirated motor. It's not impossible, but it's very rare - so to have trouble believing it I think is not out of line at all. Additionally, your trap speeds without spray do not support the rwhp you were claiming, so I don't understand why you are scratching your head over the fact that people don't see it all adding up, regardless of what the dynos are telling you.

CPT has done more MBs in Chicago than anyone else. Their Dyno Dynamics dyno has had plenty of MBs strapped to it, including all of mine (minus the GL) and it would be a great place for you to strap your car down and compare it to some other MBs if you are that concerned with people not believing you.

-m
Hmmm....AMAZING, people still questioning my car I think I have rectafied the MPH issue, My early passes were a combination of still learning my car and weataher/heat related. I'm now trapping at 121.5-122mph on motor only while laying down consistant 11.4's and 11.5's. I think that is in line with 500whp on a 3870 (plus my 200 pound butt) pound car. On the bottle I was trapping at 126-127 on my last time at the strip. Bottom line is everyone questioned everything about my car, I think now my E/T's and mph speak for themselves. I have not witnessed many (any) 63's or 55's touch my motor only times (which I might add was verified by several on this board that saw it in person). I guess I'm a "glass half full" kind of a person and the rest of you are more "glass half empty" types. I give people the benifit of the doubt unless their claim is so far fetched that it begs to be questioned. I don't think a 500hp 63 is too far of a streatch. I love how people think that 3 independent shops dyno my car and all come up with close to the same figure, but "they must be wrong" LOL!

BTW: I might just take you up on that Dyno Dynamics offer over at CPT as soon as I get my heads and cams installed, I'd love to see the look on all the resident "MB experts" faces when they see a number north of 560 on their dyno...I bet it would even send all the Porsche guys over their running scared. No offense, but I called and spoke to a couple guys at CPT and it sounded to me like they did not have a clue about MB's, the first guy I talked to had to pass me to another guy to answer my question and he did not have a clue either. It seems to me their speacialty is P cars and Bimmers, not MB's. Then I asked them if they could remove my driveshaft for me and re-install my CF one and they said no and the one guy had never heard of a CF drive shaft before. I wish for the love of god I could remember some names to give this story some more cred, but I guess there is a reason I forgot their names. So forgive me if I don't put to much faith in the guys at CPT or their dyno.

Last edited by jrcart; 10-08-2008 at 09:51 AM.
Old 10-08-2008, 11:06 AM

01 CLK 55 AMG
Hmmm....AMAZING, people still questioning my car I think I have rectafied the MPH issue, My early passes were a combination of still learning my car and weataher/heat related. I'm now trapping at 121.5-122mph on motor only while laying down consistant 11.4's and 11.5's. I think that is in line with 500whp on a 3870 (plus my 200 pound butt) pound car. On the bottle I was trapping at 126-127 on my last time at the strip. Bottom line is everyone questioned everything about my car, I think now my E/T's and mph speak for themselves. I have not witnessed many (any) 63's or 55's touch my motor only times (which I might add was verified by several on this board that saw it in person). I guess I'm a "glass half full" kind of a person and the rest of you are more "glass half empty" types. I give people the benifit of the doubt unless their claim is so far fetched that it begs to be questioned. I don't think a 500hp 63 is too far of a streatch. I love how people think that 3 independent shops dyno my car and all come up with close to the same figure, but "they must be wrong" LOL!

BTW: I might just take you up on that Dyno Dynamics offer over at CPT as soon as I get my heads and cams installed, I'd love to see the look on all the resident "MB experts" faces when they see a number north of 560 on their dyno...I bet it would even send all the Porsche guys over their running scared. No offense, but I called and spoke to a couple guys at CPT and it sounded to me like they did not have a clue about MB's, the first guy I talked to had to pass me to another guy to answer my question and he did not have a clue either. It seems to me their speacialty is P cars and Bimmers, not MB's. Then I asked them if they could remove my driveshaft for me and re-install my CF one and they said no and the one guy had never heard of a CF drive shaft before. I wish for the love of god I could remember some names to give this story some more cred, but I guess there is a reason I forgot their names. So forgive me if I don't put to much faith in the guys at CPT or their dyno.
you're ****s slow /thread
Old 10-08-2008, 12:53 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Real Cars
Hmmm....AMAZING, people still questioning my car I think I have rectafied the MPH issue, My early passes were a combination of still learning my car and weataher/heat related. I'm now trapping at 121.5-122mph on motor only while laying down consistant 11.4's and 11.5's. I think that is in line with 500whp on a 3870 (plus my 200 pound butt) pound car. On the bottle I was trapping at 126-127 on my last time at the strip. Bottom line is everyone questioned everything about my car, I think now my E/T's and mph speak for themselves. I have not witnessed many (any) 63's or 55's touch my motor only times (which I might add was verified by several on this board that saw it in person).
Jim it's amazing how you start pounding your chest in such an upheaval everytime this issue is brought up. Maybe internet forums are new to you, but I've been on them for a decade now and you learn after a while people post lots of misinformation and distorted facts - and it's up to you to be objective when evaluating their truth. That's why when I read something and it smells fishy, I'm not going to just accept it as the lord's gospel. Not going to happen.

Now if you actually read my post is was more targeted towards justifying people being skeptical of your #s, and I stick by it. I was not even aware of your recent passes, because I really don't care. You were complaining that people on here don't take everyone's #s as gospel, and I APPLAUD that. When some guy comes on here and says he gained 80rwhp with relatively simple bolt ons with a 63 motor, of course people are going to be skeptical. If you can prove them wrong, more power to you. Your runs corrected out to 123mph, which does make sense for 500rwhp. If you are going to give yourself gray hairs when people question figures that aren't typical, you better throw your computer in the garbage because that's what's going to happen day in and day out.

I guess I'm a "glass half full" kind of a person and the rest of you are more "glass half empty" types. I give people the benifit of the doubt unless their claim is so far fetched that it begs to be questioned. I don't think a 500hp 63 is too far of a streatch. I love how people think that 3 independent shops dyno my car and all come up with close to the same figure, but "they must be wrong" LOL!
Personality has nothing to do with the internet. You want me to post a dyno of my cars making stupid hp? No problem. Have you seen how many poseurs have been busted just on our forum lately? Forums flow with BS every day, and for that reason, people question it, and many times questioning it leads to truth which typically is not the same as what was posted. Sometimes questioning leads to details which then justify the original statements. Either way, it's a basic fundamental process to establishing validity. Simple as that.

BTW: I might just take you up on that Dyno Dynamics offer over at CPT as soon as I get my heads and cams installed, I'd love to see the look on all the resident "MB experts" faces when they see a number north of 560 on their dyno...
Jim creating an adversarial environment with fellow MB enthusiasts is a bit childish. If you can make 560rwhp on a dyno dynamics dyno that would be absolutely crazy, but it's very unlikely. But hey, maybe with spray and everything else you have done, it's possible, I don't know. That would be 160rwhp over what a stock 63 makes. Quite a feat. I would hope you could do it with a bit more humility, but that may be asking too much.

I bet it would even send all the Porsche guys over their running scared. No offense, but I called and spoke to a couple guys at CPT and it sounded to me like they did not have a clue about MB's, the first guy I talked to had to pass me to another guy to answer my question and he did not have a clue either. It seems to me their speacialty is P cars and Bimmers, not MB's. Then I asked them if they could remove my driveshaft for me and re-install my CF one and they said no and the one guy had never heard of a CF drive shaft before. I wish for the love of god I could remember some names to give this story some more cred, but I guess there is a reason I forgot their names. So forgive me if I don't put to much faith in the guys at CPT or their dyno.
LOL - this is a bunch of garbage right here. I really don't like liars. There are only two guys who answer the phone there - Al, and his brother Paul. That's it. I've been doing business with them for many years and yeah, this fairy tale story you've told here goes against what my experience and a number of other forum members here who've had their work done by these guys.

First, CPT doesn't really do BMWs. They just recently made a couple of parts for the 335, but they are an Audi/VW/Porsche/MB shop. They have done more MBs in Chicagoland area than anyone else, except for maybe the dealerships that offer tuner products. For you to tell me you spoke to someone there and they said they don't know what CF driveshafts are is probably the funniest part. Check out their website, and their race cars sometime - http://www.gocpt.com . Here's their race rig... would a shop that has a rig like this not know what a CF drive shaft is? Give me a break man.

-m
Old 10-08-2008, 01:01 PM

08 SL55, 07 E63, 07 S550
Do you have an Iphone by any chance?

Run the Dynolicious App.
How good does that app work?
Old 10-08-2008, 04:14 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Jim it's amazing how you start pounding your chest in such an upheaval everytime this issue is brought up. Maybe internet forums are new to you, but I've been on them for a decade now and you learn after a while people post lots of misinformation and distorted facts - and it's up to you to be objective when evaluating their truth. That's why when I read something and it smells fishy, I'm not going to just accept it as the lord's gospel. Not going to happen.

Now if you actually read my post is was more targeted towards justifying people being skeptical of your #s, and I stick by it. I was not even aware of your recent passes, because I really don't care. You were complaining that people on here don't take everyone's #s as gospel, and I APPLAUD that. When some guy comes on here and says he gained 80rwhp with relatively simple bolt ons with a 63 motor, of course people are going to be skeptical. If you can prove them wrong, more power to you. Your runs corrected out to 123mph, which does make sense for 500rwhp. If you are going to give yourself gray hairs when people question figures that aren't typical, you better throw your computer in the garbage because that's what's going to happen day in and day out.

Personality has nothing to do with the internet. You want me to post a dyno of my cars making stupid hp? No problem. Have you seen how many poseurs have been busted just on our forum lately? Forums flow with BS every day, and for that reason, people question it, and many times questioning it leads to truth which typically is not the same as what was posted. Sometimes questioning leads to details which then justify the original statements. Either way, it's a basic fundamental process to establishing validity. Simple as that.

Jim creating an adversarial environment with fellow MB enthusiasts is a bit childish. If you can make 560rwhp on a dyno dynamics dyno that would be absolutely crazy, but it's very unlikely. But hey, maybe with spray and everything else you have done, it's possible, I don't know. That would be 160rwhp over what a stock 63 makes. Quite a feat. I would hope you could do it with a bit more humility, but that may be asking too much.

LOL - this is a bunch of garbage right here. I really don't like liars. There are only two guys who answer the phone there - Al, and his brother Paul. That's it. I've been doing business with them for many years and yeah, this fairy tale story you've told here goes against what my experience and a number of other forum members here who've had their work done by these guys.

First, CPT doesn't really do BMWs. They just recently made a couple of parts for the 335, but they are an Audi/VW/Porsche/MB shop. They have done more MBs in Chicagoland area than anyone else, except for maybe the dealerships that offer tuner products. For you to tell me you spoke to someone there and they said they don't know what CF driveshafts are is probably the funniest part. Check out their website, and their race cars sometime - http://www.gocpt.com . Here's their race rig... would a shop that has a rig like this not know what a CF drive shaft is? Give me a break man.

-m
Hmmm, where should I begin? Chest pounding? I'll show you chest pounding!

I can tell you I did speak to two guys at Chicago Performance and they seemed like I was wasting ther time and had no answers for any of the questions I posed. Why don't you call them up and refresh their memory from about 6 weeks back, about the guy calling about a CF drive shaft. One guy did not even know what a Black Series was, I told him to go to the MBUSA web site. Do you think I make this stuff up?????? Give Me A F'in Break!

No, I don't give myself gray hairs over this stuff, I just find myself spending more time explaining and defending my statements and mods because nobody beleives sh_t. I can understand people not believeing me 10 months ago when I was a newb, but come on, I have met probably over 30 guys from this forum in person at various events, meets and shows or just driving around town. I have backed up every statement I have ever made. I have time slips, witnesses and video proof of drag racing and road racing outings. If my car was not all it was craked up to be you guys would know it.

It's obvious you are a "Glass Half Empty" personality, sorry you have to go through life instantly doubting a person.

BTW: I'm not too impressed with their race rig, I don't even race (anymore) and I have a better set-up than that one, but hey, who's measuring d1ck length? I'll post up some pics of my 38ft Renegade Fun Mover and a 28ft Cargo Mate trailer later tonight or tomorrow (just in case you don't believe me).

Last edited by jrcart; 10-08-2008 at 04:16 PM.
Old 10-08-2008, 04:25 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

'06 E55, '05 SLK55, a few others

Neither does mine and I got 435 RWHP on Evo's DynoJet while bone stock down to the filters. So, the possibilities are:

1. Your car is nowhere near stock.
2. The dyno is worthless.

You have already rated this thread Rating: Thread Rating: 0 votes,  average.

Quick Reply: Dyno'd my stock E55 - Wow, you won't believe this.