Alignment - what suspension mode?

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 10-06-2008, 10:30 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Received 9 Likes on 6 Posts
05 E55
Alignment - what suspension mode?

I need an alignment. I always keep it in Sport 2, so should I get the alignment done in that mode or does it not matter? The reason I ask is because in Sport 2, the camber is visually negative. In Comfort, it straightens out. And should I even bother asking an independant shop to do it?
Old 10-06-2008, 11:06 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
GT-R
Don't know the answer, but I always keep mine in sport 2 as well and recently noticed that my rear conti's (with 7k on them) are worn down to the threads towards the inner part of the tire.

Is this normal? I'm also interested about the alignment for the different suspension settings.
Old 10-07-2008, 12:40 AM
MBWorld Fanatic!

CLS63
You should get it aligned at the hight that you drive in. I have the RennTech ELM set to the lowest setting, I had it done by a shop that does the alignment by math the real way. They set it to the best setting for your driving style. My car drives like it's on rails. I had know idea what a real 4 wheel alignment done by pros could do for our cars.
Old 10-07-2008, 01:15 AM

2004 E55
Originally Posted by rarfinancial
You should get it aligned at the hight that you drive in. I have the RennTech ELM set to the lowest setting, I had it done by a shop that does the alignment by math the real way. They set it to the best setting for your driving style. My car drives like it's on rails. I had know idea what a real 4 wheel alignment done by pros could do for our cars.
What shop?