Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Big props to LET Motorsports

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 10-13-2008, 12:14 PM

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
2001 clk55 AMG
I wish my tune would have made an improvement I guess N/A 55's aren't waynes strong point oh well. I'm happy for all the other guys congrats on some nice gains
Old 10-13-2008, 01:14 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
01 lightning,05e55amg
Originally Posted by MPRESIV
Do you have just the tune or with pulley also?
pulley,headers,mail order tune
Old 10-13-2008, 01:24 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts
E63 P30, CL500 Sport
Very nice gains....

Are these gains only from a tune or were there any changes in hardware? Did you have a different tune before LET?
Old 10-13-2008, 01:43 PM
Former Vendor of MBWorld

W211 E55
Originally Posted by BlackOnBlackCLK
I wish my tune would have made an improvement I guess N/A 55's aren't waynes strong point oh well. I'm happy for all the other guys congrats on some nice gains
I'm sorry I couldn't help you to your satisfaction.

We could have made plenty of power, but not with your timing requirements. I thought stock power levels with over 2 degrees less timing than stock was pretty decent.

Your car sounds great, BTW.
Old 10-13-2008, 03:37 PM

01 lightning,05e55amg
Originally Posted by MB_Forever
Very nice gains....

Are these gains only from a tune or were there any changes in hardware? Did you have a different tune before LET?
Only a tune change
Old 10-13-2008, 04:46 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts
Your worst nightmare...
Originally Posted by ChicagoX
I'm sorry I couldn't help you to your satisfaction.

We could have made plenty of power, but not with your timing requirements. I thought stock power levels with over 2 degrees less timing than stock was pretty decent.

Your car sounds great, BTW.
Wayne, Have heard many good things about you in the little time you have been with LET. Could you please advise maybe thru PM or if you would like to disclose here, your tuning capabilities for the V12. I am considering going Nov 1st.
Old 10-13-2008, 05:33 PM
Former Vendor of MBWorld

W211 E55
Originally Posted by V12Godspeed
Wayne, Have heard many good things about you in the little time you have been with LET. Could you please advise maybe thru PM or if you would like to disclose here, your tuning capabilities for the V12. I am considering going Nov 1st.
Thanks very much.

Our V12 development was delayed slightly by the move, as we've been swamped with the 6- and 8-cylinder projects.

With that said, I would recommend you attend the event firsthand to see our results. I would prefer the forum members personally witness the before/after dynos themselves rather than a random sheet of potential vaporware.

Gains are in-line with other respected tuners, and sometimes a little bit more.

I have PMed you my number, if you have any further questions. Please let us know how we can help.
Old 10-13-2008, 06:19 PM

2005 E55 AMG
Wayne,

What's your take on adding a TB after an initial tune...

Current mods and or mods installed for a Nov 1st tune:
-ASP Pulley
-Thermostate
-K&N Filters
-X-pipe welded in

Afterwards, adding a TB... do you see it necessary to tweak the tune by adding a bit more fuel as the consensus of a TB install would be allowing a little more air intake and hence need a bit more fuel or is the ECU learning curve able to distinguish and eventually add a bit more fuel to cover the difference in air intake?

Last edited by Almo; 10-13-2008 at 06:28 PM.
Old 10-13-2008, 06:50 PM
Former Vendor of MBWorld

W211 E55
Originally Posted by Almo
...Afterwards, adding a TB... do you see it necessary to tweak the tune by adding a bit more fuel as the consensus of a TB install would be allowing a little more air intake and hence need a bit more fuel or is the ECU learning curve able to distinguish and eventually add a bit more fuel to cover the difference in air intake?

I believe the TB to be within the dynamic range of the ECU, given that your car will be dyno-tuned. With a less 'precise' tune on your car (eg: mail tune) it might not produce all of the power possible without a tweak. Don't get me wrong - there is plenty of power to be made with our mail-order tunes.

My LT fuel trims after a dyno tune were 1.5% correction or less after 3 months. There is no substitution for a custom tune on our finicky cars, IMO.
Old 10-13-2008, 08:53 PM
Out Of Control!!

Received 94 Likes on 77 Posts
haters crazy
Originally Posted by NXtremeJeep
Those are some very healthy numbers. Plan on heading to the track before MIR? Love your car by the ways. What kind of CCW rims did you end up going with?

-maaz
I went to the track today. Broke the diff on the first pass. Thanks on the compliment on the car. I got the CCW Classics in 16" with mickey thompson ET street radials. Soon as I get a new diff in it I will be back at the track breaking more stuff with the new CCWs

01bolt- no problem
Old 10-13-2008, 09:08 PM

2005 E55 AMG
Originally Posted by ChicagoX
I believe the TB to be within the dynamic range of the ECU, given that your car will be dyno-tuned. With a less 'precise' tune on your car (eg: mail tune) it might not produce all of the power possible without a tweak. Don't get me wrong - there is plenty of power to be made with our mail-order tunes.

My LT fuel trims after a dyno tune were 1.5% correction or less after 3 months. There is no substitution for a custom tune on our finicky cars, IMO.
Sounds good and thanks for the reply!

Dyno on my car to date is from the previous owner. ASP Pulley and thermostat and it put down 413/501. As you can see from the graph, lots left on the table due to fuel dump from the addition of the pulley with no tune. I would think 20 more to the wheels can be had just by leaning A/F back out to around 11.9 or so and me having installed K&N filters.

That said, I look forward to an LET tune on Nov 1st.