W211 AMG Discuss the W211 AMG's such as the E55 and the E63

IC PUMP WARRANTY REPAIR, UPDATE.

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 10-13-2008 | 04:36 PM

2014 E63, Cobra replica, 68 Camaro, 66 Chevy II SS, Z4 BMW, Honda Element, Birel 125cc Shifter Kart.
IC PUMP WARRANTY REPAIR, UPDATE.

I was really worried about getting this fixed under warranty based on previous issues at my dealer but I just got the call. They replaced it under warranty.

I think the key is properly descriping the symptons to the SA and I want to thank some of the forum members for their suggestions.

I never once mentioned the pump when talking with the SA. I spoke only about the symptoms my car was exhibiting and exactly how to duplicat the conditions. I also ran the dog crap out of it on the way there hoping they would test drive it soon after I left while it was still smoking hot.

Can't wait to get it back. It's been slowing down for a month and will be great to have the BEAST back.
Old 10-13-2008 | 04:39 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

2003 E55 & 2014 GL550
It's all about the dealer/service dept. Sounds like a nicer one.

You could threaten the lives of some others and they would tell you to get lost.

Be thankful for a cool S/A
Old 10-13-2008 | 04:44 PM

2014 E63, Cobra replica, 68 Camaro, 66 Chevy II SS, Z4 BMW, Honda Element, Birel 125cc Shifter Kart.
Originally Posted by Jakpro1
It's all about the dealer/service dept. Sounds like a nicer one.

You could threaten the lives of some others and they would tell you to get lost.

Be thankful for a cool S/A
Amen to that!

I went away from MB for years because of this dealer and only came back for my E55. This pleasant visit was the rare exception.