W211 AMG Discuss the W211 AMG's such as the E55 and the E63

Questions and ECU Mod First Impression

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 10-14-2008 | 03:27 PM

10 Cayenne GTS, 07 Porsche 911 Turbo
Questions and ECU Mod First Impression

Now that I'm out of OEM warranty I've begun modding my E55. First question - I want to change the heat pump (exchanger) and after doing a lot of research on this site have settled on a Johnson CM30. Can I buy it directly from Johnson, a boat dealer or one of the vendors on this site? Is there anything I need to know before I buy one?

I also had my E55 ECU software updated by SpeedTuning USA. I noticed an immediate change in throttle response and the engine seemed a little smoother. Returning home on the freeway I was able to get what seemed to be more pure V-8 engine performance without getting into the supercharger. I had the same software installed on my CLK55 several months ago and have noticed an increase in gas mileage and performance, especially in the low and medium rpm range. I'm waiting to see what benefit if any I receive from SpeedTuning USA but, for the price I think (when comapred to other tuners) it was worth the $350 (returning customer discount) investment.

Last edited by LOVEMYBS; 10-14-2008 at 03:29 PM.
Old 10-14-2008 | 04:05 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

2003 E55 & 2014 GL550
I went the Speed Tuning route years ago and while it was fun, the tune is way off compared to other tuners.

Bottom line bro. Look at the post in the this forum about the guy running 11.4 this week .

This guys literally spent WAAAYYY less than 10K to go as fast as I did for roughly um.......well let's just say it went over 20K lonnnngg time ago.

LET seems to be the hot ticket right now. You'd be nuts to go anywhere else.

They sell the pumps as well although last check, they were out.

Contact ChicagoX on these forums or

http://www.letmotorsports.com/mb.asp...5&category=all