I Just Recieved My MHP ECU/TCU Tune

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 10-26-2008, 01:14 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Received 54 Likes on 44 Posts
2008 CLK63 Black Series 2012 C63 Black Series 2014 SLS Black Series
Originally Posted by Need4spdnb
Couldn't have gotten crappier weather to drive in JRCart, it rained out yesterday and today it's frigid and wet out. BTW, Ive heard your car down 75th street and it is mean as hell.
I don't know what part of Naperville you live in but it did not rain at all yesterday afternoon or early evening and it is sunny and 58 outside my window right now. Roads are bone dry down here at 59 & 95th
Old 10-26-2008, 01:20 PM
CWW
MBWorld Fanatic!

Received 9 Likes on 6 Posts
SL600
You guys are starting to sound like Floridians.

I'll call up one of my buds on the other side of town and I'll be b!tching about the weather, and they'll be like "what are you talking about, it's nice out". Half the time, if you drive a mile the weather is totally different.
Old 10-26-2008, 01:35 PM

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
2003 E55
Didn't it rain lastnight? The roads were wet over here. Im at 103 and 59. If not rain, then a hell of a lot of dew must have accumulated. It was chilly when I went to pick up breakfast this morning.

Edit:
Nevermind, it is pretty nice out, I have been in the basement too long finishing stuff up today. Perfect day for driving. Wish my buddy didn't cancel our tee time today.

Last edited by Need4spdnb; 10-26-2008 at 01:51 PM.
Old 10-26-2008, 02:01 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts
E63 P30, CL500 Sport
Jcart, did you get the throttle blipping with your ECU/TCU package?
Old 10-26-2008, 02:35 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
E63 AMG
Originally Posted by MB_Forever
Fr33kn63,

How is the shifting from 1st to 2nd at WOT when in sport mode? Did you get a chance to try it out yet? Is your car still shifting early or is it going all the way to 7100 rpm now? Also, did you get the blip-throttle on downshifts?
sorry it took a bit to respond to this. Was very tired last night and just figured I would wait til this morning to answer. Also had to think about it some.
as far as 1-2 shifting...as you know for us first goes up so quick. With the tune its een faster. I think they did adjust 1-2 a little but because it moves so quickly having it shift up that high would cause me to hit the limiter before the tranny can shift. So I think 1-2 starts the shift closer to 6k, but from 2-3 and 3-4 and 4-5 and above shifts it does appear it goes about all the way to the limiter and does QUICK shifts. Definetly twice as fast as my stock shifts.

As far as the throttle blipping goes, my E already had it. When braking the car would always downshift itself from one gear to the next while in S mode. When in D and S mode an from 60 mph the gearing would downshift from 6-5-4-3-2 and stay in 2 until completely stopped and sometimes it would drop to 1 and other times it would most always stay in 2 unless I tapped it myself to 1. With the new tune it does the same thing, except it WILL drop all the way to 1 while still moving. THis I like. Also The car ALWAYS goes to 1 from a stop without me telling it. In the past even while in S mode it would often launch from 2 and that drove me nuts. I would have to be very aggressive with it prior to the stop for it to drop to 1 on its own. Not it doesnt matter always goes to 1.
So again to answer this my E always had that feature, now it is slightly more enhanced with a full drop down to 1.

Have had some fun today on dry roads and am very happy with how quick it shifts and pulls like a freight train
Old 10-26-2008, 02:39 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Originally Posted by Fr33kn63
sorry it took a bit to respond to this. Was very tired last night and just figured I would wait til this morning to answer. Also had to think about it some.
as far as 1-2 shifting...as you know for us first goes up so quick. With the tune its een faster. I think they did adjust 1-2 a little but because it moves so quickly having it shift up that high would cause me to hit the limiter before the tranny can shift. So I think 1-2 starts the shift closer to 6k, but from 2-3 and 3-4 and 4-5 and above shifts it does appear it goes about all the way to the limiter and does QUICK shifts. Definetly twice as fast as my stock shifts.

As far as the throttle blipping goes, my E already had it. When braking the car would always downshift itself from one gear to the next while in S mode. When in D and S mode an from 60 mph the gearing would downshift from 6-5-4-3-2 and stay in 2 until completely stopped and sometimes it would drop to 1 and other times it would most always stay in 2 unless I tapped it myself to 1. With the new tune it does the same thing, except it WILL drop all the way to 1 while still moving. THis I like. Also The car ALWAYS goes to 1 from a stop without me telling it. In the past even while in S mode it would often launch from 2 and that drove me nuts. I would have to be very aggressive with it prior to the stop for it to drop to 1 on its own. Not it doesnt matter always goes to 1.
So again to answer this my E always had that feature, now it is slightly more enhanced with a full drop down to 1.

Have had some fun today on dry roads and am very happy with how quick it shifts and pulls like a freight train
So, in other words, it still doesnt shift to 7200 in first, and the E63 doesnt have throttle blip. I think you dont understand the question. Drive a C63, and downshift, youll see what the throttle blip does.
Old 10-26-2008, 02:58 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

E63 AMG
Ok didnt take a closer look at this particular thing and had to jump in the car and drive around the block one more time. I was wrong in my previous comments. I cant tell exactly but it does appear after taking two hard launches from first that my 1-2 shifts are at redline when WOT.
Reason i was unsure was because I was not at WOT when I was looking at it last night.
Seems to go right before redline and shifts. So it is around 7k rpms. Tough to tell on the analog instrument cluster.
As far as the throttle bippling goes I must be very confused about this whole topinc cause as it was explained to me by Andy this was enabled. Maybe im just not doing it properly. Not sure. Anyway maybe he can comment further about this as I am not at all familiar with this feature and might not even recognize it if its staring at me in the face. Sorry.
Old 10-26-2008, 02:58 PM
MHP
Banned

'09 C63 AMG
Originally Posted by Blue_Monster
So, in other words, it still doesnt shift to 7200 in first, and the E63 doesnt have throttle blip. I think you dont understand the question. Drive a C63, and downshift, youll see what the throttle blip does.
I just got off the phone with Jeff, the car shifts at redline in EVERY gear including the 1-2.
I don't think you understand what a no load throttle blipped downshift is, it only happens in an automatic shift mode (not manual as you indicated). Obviously you can downshift anytime in manual mode.
Old 10-26-2008, 03:19 PM

Ford 4x4, daily
mhp will your tune match rpms when downshifting in manual mode?
Old 10-26-2008, 05:02 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Received 54 Likes on 44 Posts
2008 CLK63 Black Series 2012 C63 Black Series 2014 SLS Black Series
Originally Posted by Need4spdnb
Didn't it rain lastnight? The roads were wet over here. Im at 103 and 59. If not rain, then a hell of a lot of dew must have accumulated. It was chilly when I went to pick up breakfast this morning.

Edit:
Nevermind, it is pretty nice out, I have been in the basement too long finishing stuff up today. Perfect day for driving. Wish my buddy didn't cancel our tee time today.
We are practically neighbors, 103 and 59, you must be about 1.5 miles from me. It might have rained after midnight, but when I was on my way home from watching the UFC fight there was no rains, roads were dry. Might have rained between 1:00am and 6:30am
Old 10-26-2008, 05:10 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

06 EuroElites E55
Originally Posted by jrcart
I was on my way home from watching the UFC fight :
I missed it the rug rat had a softball turny!
How did Cote do against Silva? Is it worth getting the replay?
Old 10-26-2008, 05:27 PM

2009 C63 Capri Blue
Originally Posted by ROCKETW19
No - Cote got injured (not by Silva) and they had to call the fight. Very disappointing, as there was little-to-no action prior to that, just a lot of dancing.

The Sherk/Griffon fight was the best of the night.
Old 10-26-2008, 05:31 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Received 19 Likes on 18 Posts
V12-Biturbo
Originally Posted by ROCKETW19
Dude it was the wierdest UFC fight ever Cote was a lil' beehawtch & fell down w/out being hit claiming an old knee injury (they stopped the fight) & Cote is walking around like everything is fine Silva was consumate gentleman but pissed...

I could go on but there were so many oddities it'd take pages
Old 10-26-2008, 05:58 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Received 19 Likes on 18 Posts
V12-Biturbo
Originally Posted by gravedgr
No - Cote got injured (not by Silva) and they had to call the fight. Very disappointing, as there was little-to-no action prior to that, just a lot of dancing.

The Sherk/Griffon fight was the best of the night.
Yes Sherk/Griffon fight was EXCELLENT!
Old 10-26-2008, 08:35 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

06 EuroElites E55
Thanks you guys saved me 50 bucks! Alot of dancing? Cote usally not scared to bang. Silva likes to counter. Maybe he didnt want to end up like my buddy Irvin. oh well there is still Randy VS brock.

Sorry to hijack your thread Jcart
Old 10-27-2008, 02:45 AM
MHP
Banned

'09 C63 AMG
Originally Posted by richtor
mhp will your tune match rpms when downshifting in manual mode?
Yes.
Old 10-27-2008, 03:03 AM

2003 E55 Blk/Blk
Originally Posted by MHP
Yes.
Thats sick
Old 10-27-2008, 10:08 PM

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
2024 G63, 2021 X7M50i
Ok didnt take a closer look at this particular thing and had to jump in the car and drive around the block one more time. I was wrong in my previous comments. I cant tell exactly but it does appear after taking two hard launches from first that my 1-2 shifts are at redline when WOT.
Reason i was unsure was because I was not at WOT when I was looking at it last night.
Seems to go right before redline and shifts. So it is around 7k rpms. Tough to tell on the analog instrument cluster.
As far as the throttle bippling goes I must be very confused about this whole topinc cause as it was explained to me by Andy this was enabled. Maybe im just not doing it properly. Not sure. Anyway maybe he can comment further about this as I am not at all familiar with this feature and might not even recognize it if its staring at me in the face. Sorry.
So are you the first E63 with the MHP tune? Did you do both the ECU and TCU?
Old 10-27-2008, 10:10 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

E63 AMG
Originally Posted by mprsev
So are you the first E63 with the MHP tune? Did you do both the ECU and TCU?
Not sure if i am the first. Something tells me no im not, but maybe the first to post comments about it. Yes I did do ECU and TCU.

FYI...tomorrow Dyno day 1:30 pm. Will post data afterwards.
Old 10-27-2008, 10:51 PM

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
2024 G63, 2021 X7M50i
Not sure if i am the first. Something tells me no im not, but maybe the first to post comments about it. Yes I did do ECU and TCU.

FYI...tomorrow Dyno day 1:30 pm. Will post data afterwards.
Excellent! I will be waiting for your numbers. I don't really get the opportunity to open my car up but just knowing I am fast is worth paying for
Old 10-28-2008, 12:20 AM
LZH
Banned

CLK 63 Black Series, 2009 S550, 2011 Range Rover Supercharged, BMW F800 GS Anniv Edition
Jcart - One of the things I hate about the transmission on my black series is the lag between the time I grab a paddle to shift and the actual shift taking place. Literally, when I hit the paddle it's almost a full second before the shift happens. I have noticed that when I'm really driving hard....the car will recognize that and shift a tiny bit faster and firmer...but not much. Does MHP's TCU tune change this and get rid of that lagtime ??? What I would like is for the instant I hit the paddle, the shift takes place - up or down.

Last edited by LZH; 10-28-2008 at 12:22 AM.
Old 10-28-2008, 12:37 AM
MBWorld Fanatic!

E63 AMG
Originally Posted by LZH
Jcart - One of the things I hate about the transmission on my black series is the lag between the time I grab a paddle to shift and the actual shift taking place. Literally, when I hit the paddle it's almost a full second before the shift happens. I have noticed that when I'm really driving hard....the car will recognize that and shift a tiny bit faster and firmer...but not much. Does MHP's TCU tune change this and get rid of that lagtime ??? What I would like is for the instant I hit the paddle, the shift takes place - up or down.
I think I can answer this one. It is sped up. It was for my tuning in my E. For me it seems about twice as fast shifting off the paddles now. About half the time of the stock shift reponse. It has made a noticeable difference. It really feels more now as it should have been out of the factory.
Old 10-28-2008, 12:46 AM
MBWorld Fanatic!

E63 AMG
after reading your comments again just to say one more thing. Its not instant even still on the shift but it is much quicker then beforehand. The lag before was killing me too. Started to think my paddles were about useless with the lag time!
Old 10-28-2008, 12:51 AM
LZH
Banned

CLK 63 Black Series, 2009 S550, 2011 Range Rover Supercharged, BMW F800 GS Anniv Edition
I think I can answer this one. It is sped up. It was for my tuning in my E. For me it seems about twice as fast shifting off the paddles now. About half the time of the stock shift reponse. It has made a noticeable difference. It really feels more now as it should have been out of the factory.
Awesome and that is exactly what I was hoping to hear - thanks for your input.
Old 10-28-2008, 12:56 AM
MHP
Banned

'09 C63 AMG
Jeff is correct, the lag is greatly reduced but it's still present especially in fast winding first gear. For optimal performance (straight line anyway) just leave it in sport; it's a conventional auto not a DCT/SMG so it shifts best when left to do what it was originally designed to.
We eliminated as much of the lag as possible while testing on my car, we kept reducing it until it began to interfere with other parts of the tune. We'll keep testing with my C63 over the next few weeks in an attempt to further reduce it.

You have already rated this thread Rating: Thread Rating: 0 votes,  average.

Quick Reply: I Just Recieved My MHP ECU/TCU Tune