Cracked a wheel

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 11-07-2008, 12:27 PM
Almost a Member!

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
05 E55
Cracked a wheel

Bummer, I cracked a wheel last weekend after hitting a good size hole in the road. Did not think much of it when it happened, but came out the next morning to find a flat tire. I figured i pinched and split the sidewall of the tire. No such luck, it turns out the tire is fine, but the rim is cracked on the inner lip. Dealer is very proud of those chromed e55 rims! i am not so proud of them but like the very stock look of the car. Close to a grand after the tire swap and balance. The kicker is that the dealer has had the car since last Saturday. He calleed yesterday to say it may be 1-2 weeks (yes weeks). They ordered a new rim, but have to send it back out to be chromed. Ouch, I am in withdrawls in the C300 loaner!!!!

By the way, make sure your car has the inserts that allow the car jack to lift the car without damaging the bodywork. Mine did not, so I had to call MB roadside out to jack up the car to remove the wheel. Oh and the spare tire scares the crap out of me. I will be getting a full size spare when i am back in the saddle!
Old 11-07-2008, 01:54 PM
SPONSOR

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Mercedes/ BMW/ Audi
Originally Posted by Friction
Bummer, I cracked a wheel last weekend after hitting a good size hole in the road. Did not think much of it when it happened, but came out the next morning to find a flat tire. I figured i pinched and split the sidewall of the tire. No such luck, it turns out the tire is fine, but the rim is cracked on the inner lip. Dealer is very proud of those chromed e55 rims! i am not so proud of them but like the very stock look of the car. Close to a grand after the tire swap and balance. The kicker is that the dealer has had the car since last Saturday. He calleed yesterday to say it may be 1-2 weeks (yes weeks). They ordered a new rim, but have to send it back out to be chromed. Ouch, I am in withdrawls in the C300 loaner!!!!

By the way, make sure your car has the inserts that allow the car jack to lift the car without damaging the bodywork. Mine did not, so I had to call MB roadside out to jack up the car to remove the wheel. Oh and the spare tire scares the crap out of me. I will be getting a full size spare when i am back in the saddle!

http://www.fixrim.com/

I have used them locally a few times. They have repaired quite a few OEM AMG rims.