LAST Exhuast Question Ever

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 11-14-2008, 11:49 AM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
nascar
LAST Exhuast Question Ever

Hello,

I know this question has been asked NUMEROUS times, but I just wanted to make sure before I modify my exhaust more.

I drive an E55. I already took my car to VRP and Vadim took out all the packing in the muffler, but I want the car louder so I want to take out resonator and secondary cats and replace them with straight pipes.

Okay. so by replacing them with straight pipes all the way down cause any loss in torque? There has been mixed reviews over this about back pressure and what not..and just wanted to clarify it..

Some said that it will cause some, but the stock muffler will make enough back pressure to compensate? This would still be true even though i remove the packing, correct?

Thanks,
Eric
Old 11-14-2008, 12:49 PM

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
04 E55, 12 GL 450(wife)
Originally Posted by ECBAOBAO
Hello,

I know this question has been asked NUMEROUS times, but I just wanted to make sure before I modify my exhaust more.

I drive an E55. I already took my car to VRP and Vadim took out all the packing in the muffler, but I want the car louder so I want to take out resonator and secondary cats and replace them with straight pipes.

Okay. so by replacing them with straight pipes all the way down cause any loss in torque? There has been mixed reviews over this about back pressure and what not..and just wanted to clarify it..

Some said that it will cause some, but the stock muffler will make enough back pressure to compensate? This would still be true even though i remove the packing, correct?

Thanks,
Eric
Did he just take the packing out? He would need to have to cut the flow in the exhaust so that you get the sound and better flow.
Old 11-15-2008, 12:44 AM
Out Of Control!!

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts
2015 S212
If you had the packing (insulation) removed and still want more, then you need to cut the cats and also consider openning the baffles in the mufflers. Be careful though because that WILL cut back on your back pressure. If you are after max sound and performance, i'd go with an X pipe and remove everythying else. If you want more later, add race cats.
Old 11-15-2008, 11:37 AM
hbr

'05 E55 on ADV1s
Any loss of torque just removing the secondary cats? Any change in sound?
Old 11-15-2008, 09:36 PM

03 E55 AMG
Originally Posted by hbr
Any loss of torque just removing the secondary cats? Any change in sound?
That's my last exhaust question too.... oh, except I was also wondering about the drone if the resonator was cut out too??
I already did searches. Couldn't find a specific answer about drone if just secondary cats and resonators cut out and straight piped..???
Old 11-15-2008, 09:37 PM

nascar
No torque loss and no drone