Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 11-26-2008, 02:16 AM
t83

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
MY'05 E55 Amg
Flat Tire nightmare.

Hey guys,
Today i hit a curb and cut my left rear tire of my e55. obviously i was pissed ( this was in new york city and some douche decided he need to stop right before a turn and flash his hazards) After the flat i rolled up my sleeves and changed the tire with the spare BUT i noticed the spare is pretty funny looking (you probally know where this is going at this point) well i bought the car used from mb finacial CPO from a lease, unfortunately i did not have my manual in the car. Apparently the tire is a collapsable spare and needed to be inflated however the was NO TIRE PUMP IN THE SPARE WELL!!!!! well i didnt realize it at the time and drove with the tire flat. a few miles later i have a shredded spare, needed a tow and am really worried if i ****ed up my car badly.

when i started driving with the spare i got ABS light and ESP light. After i got it towed the check engine light came on. Once i replace the tire will this go away or am i ****ed and is the seller responsible for not providing that tire pump?
Old 11-26-2008, 09:43 AM
Out Of Control!!

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts
2015 S212
I feel for you on the troubles but think that you may be fine. The spare may be trashed though.
Old 11-26-2008, 10:00 AM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Received 7 Likes on 6 Posts
Formula Mazda, Beast Junior...400HP 135i
The pump should have been to the left of the spare over by the jack. THe buyer was responsible to make sure the tools/pump were there at time of purchase unless you got it from the MB dealer in which case you could trying b*tching at them.

The ESP and ABS faults will go away after a few driving cycles and should be nothing to worry about. The check engine light is the odd one and I am not sure what to say. It could be triggered by the other faults but I do not know the ECU well enough to make that call so hopefully someone else will have the answer.

As to damaging the car, if it didn't get screwed up hitting the curb. And you didn't slam any potholes with the deflated spare, it is most likely fine but it wouldn't hurt to get an alignment if you are due anyway.
Old 11-27-2008, 02:57 PM
t83

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
MY'05 E55 Amg
cars completly fine the check engine came because of the esp and abs malfunction. anbody know where i can get a new donut? mb wants 700 for one
Old 11-27-2008, 03:24 PM
LZH
Banned

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
CLK 63 Black Series, 2009 S550, 2011 Range Rover Supercharged, BMW F800 GS Anniv Edition
sorry man that sucks but you didn't see the spare bulge out when you lowered the cars weight onto it ??