Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

It's just fun to drive it...

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 12-04-2008, 12:35 AM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Received 5 Likes on 5 Posts
06 SL65 / 97 993tt /11 Suburban/ 2012 GTR (AMG è la mia Famiglia la Bestia è la mia protezione)
It's just fun to drive it...

Got home after work and saw my Beast just sitting in my garage looking hungry. It was a cool night in Tampa and so I decided to switch cars and just drive...I yelled at my wife that I would grab some sushi and come home.

What a way to relieve stress! Started the car and scared my neighbors...the start up on my car is ridiculously loud...Until the cams settle down it sounds like you just woke up a pissed off rabid animal, then it settles down to a steady and loud gurgle that pulsates and subliminally tells you that you are a carnivore and you smell meat...

I drove off and I know I could easily stop a couple of pacemakers of some of my elderly neighbors if I went WOT, but I save it for the highway and just watch the neighborhood folk wonder what the hell kind of sickness am I driving...

The highway is definitely the Beast favorite playground...I've got all this A/V equipment in my car and the best sound I ever heard is the screaming of the engine while passing a car. The look of the other driver wondering what the hell was that black son of a biatch...Priceless!

All the crap you put up throughout the day is some how washed away from a few moments of senseless stomps on the throttle. I don't know whether it was the combination of the cool air, dusk, the screaming of the engine, and roar of the exhaust but it was a high that I rarely capture.

God I love this car and I am so glad I live in a part of the country where I can enjoy this senseless joyride year round.

Thanks for taking in this momentary stream of consciousness...that's what the Beast can do to you.

Last edited by AMGfan; 12-04-2008 at 07:41 AM.
Old 12-04-2008, 01:48 AM
Super Moderator

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts
W221
I completely agree with EVERYTHING you jus said...

although...

my car isn't as fast AND doesn't look anywhere near as good...

it still brings a smile to my face everyday...
Old 12-04-2008, 03:39 AM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
2003 E55 Blk/Blk
yea but can you watch the leaves change...?
Old 12-04-2008, 03:40 AM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
2003 E55 Blk/Blk
or find a winding road to tour? Those were major issues for me when I moved to Florida...I ended up back in NY...
Old 12-04-2008, 04:39 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Received 5 Likes on 5 Posts
06 SL65 / 97 993tt /11 Suburban/ 2012 GTR (AMG è la mia Famiglia la Bestia è la mia protezione)
Originally Posted by HAHA BYE
yea but can you watch the leaves change...?
Not as much down here but Winters are major pain in the **** up North...
Old 12-04-2008, 06:26 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Received 18 Likes on 17 Posts
V12-Biturbo
Excellent post & car....

Originally Posted by AMGfan
Got home after work and saw my Beast just sitting in my garage looking hungry. It was a cool night in Tampa and so I decided to switch cars and just drive...I yelled at my wife that I would grab some sushi and come home.

What a way to relieve stress! Started the car and scared my neighbors...the start up on my car is ridiculously loud...Until the cams settle down it sounds like you just woke up a pissed off rabid animal, then it settles down to a steady and loud gurgle that pulsates and subliminally tells you that you are a carnivore and you smell meat...

I drove off and I know I could easily stop a couple of pacemakers of some of my elderly neighbors if I went WOT, but I save it for the highway and just watch the neighborhood folk wonder what the hell kind of sickness am I driving...

The highway is definitely the Beast favorite playground...I've got all this A/V equipment in my car and the best sound I ever heard is the screaming of the engine while passing a car. The look of the other driver wondering what the hell was that black son of a biatch...Priceless!

All the crap you put up throughout the day is some how washed away from a few moments of senseless stomps on the throttle. I don't know whether it was the combination of the cool air, dusk, the screaming of the engine, and roar of the exhaust but it was a high that I rarely capture.

God I love this car and I am so glad I live in a part of the country where I can enjoy this senseless joyride year round.

Thanks for taking in this momentary stream of consciousness...that's what the Beast can do to you.
Old 12-07-2008, 01:34 PM

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Dodge Challenger Hellcat Widebody, Porsche Cayenne, International Scout
Smile

Originally Posted by AMGfan

I completely agree with everything you just said. I really love my K2 and to me, driving is one of the better stress relievers around....
AMG