Sponsored by:

Considering selling my 05 E55 Wagon

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 12-16-2008, 11:33 PM

Received 11 Likes on 9 Posts
2005 E55 Wagon, 2017 C63S Cab, 1986 560SL
Considering selling my 05 E55 Wagon

I have a very nicely equipped, excellent condition 2005 E55 wagon. It has roughly 42K miles and is a CPO 6/100 car.

I love it, but live in the deep country in Iowa now. My driveway is steep and my street isn't maintained well. I hate using this as my winter car.

So, it's time for a change.

The car has Nav (with the latest DVD), the massaging seats (heated), the fairly rare third seat, and more.

It's black with a black interior. I even have a second set of wheels (MSW) with Blizzak snow tires.

Hate to do it, but it looks like an SUV (ugh) is in my future.

Any thoughts on its value, including the spare wheels/tires?

I'm in the Iowa City/Cedar Rapids area.

Thanks!

Tom
Old 12-18-2008, 12:16 AM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
04 - 06 e55 Wagon - looking for
Tom,

Sorry to hear you are going to let your wagon go. Unfortunately, it is reality check time. Your warranty is a good thing, but still that can only go so far. Wholesale on your car would be around $31K - $34K given the economy and I haven't even checked the latest auction prices. Even so, you would not find any wagons listed or very very very very few. Perhaps someone can post the latest Manheim auctions for '05 (I would NOT be surprised if auction prices have dipped below the $30K mark)

I would go to Autotrader and search for wagons body e55. There are seven since I last checked and currently they are being listed between $42K - $49K. Two months ago there were a few that listed a few K under 40. Majority are MBZ dealers and a few specialty outfits like the one in Orange County. An '05, 040 Black, 47k miles with all options except power lift gate went for approx $38K via ebay (after there were no takers via Autotrader and this forum - I think the list price on Autotrader was $42K). I hear it was in really great shape but no extended warranty (the seller was a member of this forum). I have seen these go as high as $46K on ebay through a reputable specialty shop in Chicago, but I think that price was a fluke and the dealer marketed the crap out of the car - the buyer had also sold a classic MBZ earlier via ebay so he had a cash windfall and bidded up the price. I've spoke to many dealers within the last 9 mos and I believe the majority of 05 are going between $38K and 42K. Of course the MBZ dealer will start asking at $45K - $49K. GOOD LUCK because everyday, the market drops even faster since more people are holding on to their money.

Last edited by Wish4_e55Wagon; 12-18-2008 at 12:21 AM.