W211 AMG Discuss the W211 AMG's such as the E55 and the E63

Another Noobe

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 12-22-2008 | 10:53 AM

07 E63
Another Noobe

There I was, strolling through a local BMW lot looking for an 06, 650 I saw advertised on autotrader. Out of the corner of my eye I saw an E55 winking at me, taunting me to come closer for a better look. I took the bait. She’s an 05, dressed in obsidian black with grey interior. A salesman saw me admiring her and asked if I wanted to take a test drive…I said sure. BIG mistake! I’m in love!

I’ve been admiring E55s for a while but considered them too exotic to be a daily driver. After lurking on this and other forums, I learned that man folks do use them as their DD and enjoy the hell out of them…so I’m gonna pull the trigger. The one I drove has too many miles (58K)… my search is on for a low mileage, CPO 2006. There are many to choose, and prices have really dropped.

Can someone offer advice/buying tips to a soon-to-be E55 owner? Also, a recommendation for a good independent Benz mechanic in Orange County, CA would be appreciated? I used the search tool, but a lot of the info appears to be out outdated.
Old 12-22-2008 | 11:11 AM

03 E55 AMG
Don't be afraid to pick up one with 50k+ on the odometer. As long as the history is clean and it's not been abused you should be fine. There are plenty of extended factory warranty type coverages you can add if you like. It's a heck of a car, love mine so far.
Old 12-22-2008 | 11:29 AM

2006 E55 AMG
That's what I like to see... more AMGs in the OC. I am interested in your mechanic question as I want to start a relationship myself although I still have a couple years of warranty. I bought my '06 and it is a CPO. As far as mileage, it is a buyer's market and I would still get one with as few miles as I could. Good luck!
Old 12-23-2008 | 05:06 AM
Out Of Control!!

monowiper
congrats in advance ;p
Old 12-23-2008 | 06:41 AM

somethings better left unsaid ...
Originally Posted by CheckM8t
I said sure. BIG mistake! I’m in love!
hee hee ... I hear you