Sponsored by:

Looking at 06 E55... questions.

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 12-30-2008, 02:40 AM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Jeep
Originally Posted by E55_GT3wheels
49K is high but not that far off for a CPO car. These cars go higher by about $4K at least. But you don't have to worry about anything - CPO cars usually have new or near new brakes, tires etc. That being said, I bet you can get it for $46K even though it is a CPO car.
Thanks, I appreciate the insight. I think I can get it for $46K as well.... they offered me 3.99% interest rate with zero pre-payoff penalty. It's kind of hard not to use their money. The salesman wasn't much help with my questions and after researching the CPO terms, it appears it extends the original warranty 1 year or 100K miles -- whatever comes first. That would give me a 2.5 year warranty.

CPO service includes new brake pads and rotors... I guess I'm more concerned about the reason to replace the rack and pinion. I haven't bought a used vehicle in 30 years, I wonder if requesting a copy of each RO is appropriate?

I don't believe the CARFAX reports.. I had a friend that got broadsided with $6K worth of damage and it never appeared on CARFAX.