Sponsored by:

JANGY vs. JRCART Willow Springs $5000.00 Shootout

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 01-07-2009, 09:51 PM

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
R350
Originally Posted by jrcart
If that is what he is thinking he is in for a real rude awakening. I raced superbikes for several years, held an AMA-Pro liscence for 2 years, My CCS Ameature record for most wins in a season and most championship titles in a single season is still standing since 1997. I've been bumped of the track at over 150 mph, I've run 160mph in the rain (yes we raced in the rain) I've crashed at 130mph. I ran an entire 30 minute stint of an endurance race with no face sheild (and we won), I've raced with broken wrists, collar bones and ankles...150 or so in my car on the track with Jangy is going to be a walk in the park, I might even try to put down an In & Out Double Double during the race LOL
Not like you need it but you've got my vote too. As a semi quick track day (run A group) ***** i soon learned that i didn't know **** about riding when the fast guys showed up. If you had an AMA pro license good god you must know your way around a circut. I figure if you can race bikes you can race anything! MuthafuknballsofSTEEL

One thing i would like to add. Jangy hats off to you manning up!
Old 01-07-2009, 10:03 PM
MHP
Banned

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
'09 C63 AMG
Originally Posted by 155
One thing i would like to add. Jangy hats off to you manning up!
Did I miss something? Where did he commit to anything?

Even if he says he's going, that's not the same as actually showing up.
Old 01-07-2009, 10:06 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Received 54 Likes on 44 Posts
2008 CLK63 Black Series 2012 C63 Black Series 2014 SLS Black Series
Originally Posted by l3iGD
Im on my way from FL!
...but the question is, is Jangy on his way

I'm just about on my way as well, I fly into Dallas tomorrow evening, I'm going to get some sleep and hit the road to Las Vegas at about 4:00 am Friday morning, party a few days in Vegas and then point the hauler for Huntington Beach, CA on Tuesday afternoon. Wednesday Evosport is putting a few more suprises on my car and I will be at Willow at 9:00am Wednesday.

See you all there......
Old 01-07-2009, 10:09 PM
Banned

Received 2 Likes on 1 Post
2004 E55
Originally Posted by MHP
Did I miss something? Where did he commit to anything?

Even if he says he's going, that's not the same as actually showing up.
He's been MIA.....

Go Figure
Old 01-07-2009, 10:24 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Received 86 Likes on 58 Posts
'22 G 63 AMG, '21 GLE 53 AMG, '20 NSX
...but the question is, is Jangy on his way

. Wednesday Evosport is putting a few more suprises on my car and I will be at Willow at 9:00am Wednesday.

See you all there......
So you'll be there WEDNESDAY!.. getting in a little extra practice for Jangy. Did you mean Thursday or you doing some testing and that was a fraudian slip.
Brad's trying to talk me into bolting on some Yoko slicks... Maybe their your slicks and he doesn't have the set of Dymags to mount them. The plot thickens. Oh... BTW I'll be there.
Jimmy
Old 01-07-2009, 10:55 PM
hbr

'05 E55 on ADV1s
Originally Posted by Chappy
MIR, Texas, California....what about us peeps in the Southeast? We want some challenges too!

How about a $100,000 Tail-of-the-Dragon shootout?

j/k

You guys have fun....

I'll bring the Hyper, The THP will have field day
Old 01-07-2009, 11:05 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

CLS55 AMG
Here's one on Jangy's Post's from another thread...sorry, but I can't figure out the proper cut and paste Now correct me if I'm wrong Jangy but that looks like a challenge in which you challenged me to a $10,000 bet...and then backed out when I loaded up my car and called your bluff.

The following is a Jangy post...these are not my words

When and where, jim? You are right, I want sooner. My car will be ready next week. Are you not planning a Vegas trip SOON? Lets do it there, if you are coming anyways. Let me know. The bet will be maybe $10k? I know you have it but I gotta make sure my Blackjack funds allow it.

Vadim..... Go nuts, bro!! Can VRP make a E55 that is faster than Jim's black series? Not the one in his head, but the one on the road.

That list of mods is cute. That poor car is gonna be down for a LOOONG time when you attempt them, so lets get this over with while you only put 511 to the floor.

Funny, loser says he was planning to hit up Vegas, but walked away from a head to head race with me using the excuse that he doesn't want to come out? Just for the record, Vegas is PERFECT. dare to show? We can have both cars inspected by independents then race? I'll spank you with my slow piece of crap and you can go back and keep boasting about your cloudy life.

Jim, I started it. So what? You are still twisted. Is living with yourself that great? Are you young or just the eternal bachelor?

You say I avoid your questions, well you avoid mine. I'm not implying son. I flat out wrote it and I don't see you responding to it. Cute, your car is such a reflection of you. Juice for you at the gym and some for the ride at the track? If this is not roid rage, then I would really be concerned.

ROCK!!! I loved it. Funny how dude thought you were laughing with him.

Originally Posted by jangy
LOL, glad I am into your shorts. Thats kinda the point, huh? I love the newb remarks. Lets see.... did you say a single truth here. First, I love the 63, actually all AMGs. Unlike you, this is not my second MB, it is simply my current one. When and if BMW comes out with a better porcupine carrier, I am confident you will be off to the forums where you fit in. Second, I think the E55k is dated technology. All it has is displacement and boost. Isn't that the way to make power?

Damn, last but not least, I started it. Ok, you got me there. After you came on claiming to have the fastest MB, blah blah blah I did giggle.

DO NOT BACK DOWN. EVERYONE IS THINKING YOU ARE PIMP!! *****s get girls and men get women. Life on.....

What a moron. I'm done posting in MHP's thread. Lets take it over to the one you started so we don't have double talk. I did challenge you to a race. I just never specified drag race, although I like it.
Old 01-08-2009, 02:10 AM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
BMW E39
Jangy wants wheel to wheel. Are you sure you're not planning to run jrcart off the track with the two ton sedan?

If it does happen, please have it on video and stay safe gentlemen.
Old 01-08-2009, 05:10 AM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Sean's Sister--
wow........all i gotta say
Old 01-08-2009, 07:24 AM

A slow Tahoe!
I'll Record Everything.!!!

Hey guys I will be willing to mount a camera in back of my brothers 84' Mustang to record the whole thing....just let me know!!!

No, but seriously I would like to see it on video.

Last edited by E55BKS; 01-08-2009 at 08:58 AM.
Old 01-08-2009, 07:24 AM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Received 8 Likes on 5 Posts
CLS63 Designo Edition, Hyundai Genesis 3.8 , Veloster Turbo, CLS500(Sold), E320 (SMOKED) R500 (Sold)
I am rather disappointed with this thread. I thought we were really going to see this happen. Damn, it's just more talking. 5 pages deep.

P.S. If it does, please make a video. Otherwise this thread is fresh FAIL for 2009. No disrespect JR, you put it up and I can say you are a man of your word.
Old 01-08-2009, 08:27 AM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Originally Posted by Jim Brady
So you'll be there WEDNESDAY!.. getting in a little extra practice for Jangy. Did you mean Thursday or you doing some testing and that was a fraudian slip.
Brad's trying to talk me into bolting on some Yoko slicks... Maybe their your slicks and he doesn't have the set of Dymags to mount them. The plot thickens. Oh... BTW I'll be there.
Jimmy
Sorry I meant Thursday, my car will be at Evosport on Wednesday getting a few more little mods installed.

Please don't remind me about the Dymags, that is a very sore subject for me. If I have to run my stock wheels it is probably going to result in additional fiddling with the suspension...if I run stock wheels with slicks there will be major suspension changes required and I don't think I want to be trying to learn the track and try to get the suspension right especially if there is money on the line.
Old 01-08-2009, 10:44 AM
Out Of Control!!

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts
2015 S212
Jim, dig it up. Where did I say I was faster (me or my car) on a road course? That is what you can dig up? Vegas was for dragging, don't forget that.
Old 01-08-2009, 12:07 PM
Banned

Received 2 Likes on 1 Post
2004 E55
Jim, dig it up. Where did I say I was faster (me or my car) on a road course? That is what you can dig up? Vegas was for dragging, don't forget that.
Why do I think that Jangys absence was due to him finding his old post's and doing some SERIOUS revisionist history on them...
Old 01-08-2009, 12:23 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Originally Posted by E55Pilot
Why do I think that Jangys absence was due to him finding his old post's and doing some SERIOUS revisionist history on them...
That very same thought crossed my mind as well...great minds think alike

I posted the one above where he challenged me to a $10,000 race in Vegas and then he proceeded to back out when I told him my car was on the hauler and I was down with it adn on my way...BTW, for the record, I still did go to Vegas that weekend, can't call me a chump.

Jangy, I think most of the guys on this forum are smart enough to read between the lines, by you challenging me to a $10K race you are saying your car is faster than mine...either that or you have money to burn on hopeless wagers, and we all know this is not the case.
Old 01-08-2009, 02:26 PM

CLK63 BS AUDI S5 AUDI Q7 4.2 SLine C230 Sport 2010 ML 350
What do you have in mind? I'm open to ideas, I'm a gambling man.
How about we sweeten the pot a bit. If Jangy loses by more than 5 seconds he stays off this forum FOREVER! Oh sh-- wait - never mind - what would I do all day at work without this entertainment?
Old 01-08-2009, 05:15 PM
Banned

so is this actually going down? i wish it was local so i could come see it
Old 01-08-2009, 05:59 PM

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
CTS-V 2013 Wagon
That very same thought crossed my mind as well...great minds think alike
JR,
I sold a condo to a brilliant man who is a psychologist. He made a comment that caused me to say the same thing, "great minds think alike". He said, "Warren, average minds think alike too". lol
Old 01-08-2009, 06:08 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Received 8 Likes on 5 Posts
CLS63 Designo Edition, Hyundai Genesis 3.8 , Veloster Turbo, CLS500(Sold), E320 (SMOKED) R500 (Sold)
Originally Posted by RENNSTAGE
so is this actually going down? i wish it was local so i could come see it
Dude, I don't think this will happen. I mean never. Here's why:

1. This "bet" has been circulated for more than a year.
2. It's been JRCart with his neck out all of the time, he seems to really want to do it. I am not what's the deal with Jangy. (No disrespect)
3. The places, times, and rules get set only to get popped right before the event to take place.
4. The thread is 5 DAMN pages of talking. Nothing is concrete, and nothing is nailed down. Still.
5. JRCart set the terms, money amount, date, and place. This is the most to come as of yet for the event. Not to take sides, but JRCart has put it down and not just talk.
6. JRCart wants is so bad, he is willing to out 5K against nothing to lose on Jangy's end. Full commit is still not done.

This makes me just want to say the hell with it. I was all hyped, as I am sure everyone else was and ready to see this thing happen. It sucks.
Old 01-08-2009, 06:30 PM
Super Moderator

Received 11 Likes on 11 Posts
GMC - Miata - Trek - P-Car
Yeah, but we’ll know how quickly at least one of the protagonists can get ‘around Willow.
Old 01-08-2009, 07:13 PM
Banned

02 S500 Sport
Wow Jangy you got nothing to lose, why dont you just go and race.

Are you going or not?
Old 01-08-2009, 07:53 PM

Received 3 Likes on 2 Posts
2011 Black C63 Eurocharged V5
Not to defend Jangy.....but .......All his "bravado" about being faster than jcart is about GOING IN A STRAIGHT LINE.

No logical person who road races, even a little, considers this a fair race.

Jim, I know you just want Jangy to accept your car is fast and shut him up-- but you're just beating a dead horse----Jangy KNOWS he cannot beat you CLK Vs E55 at Willow...not 2 sec, not 4 sec---Not accepting your bet is his waving of the white flag. He's conceded your victory.

I say you keep trying the heads-up Drag race...this is going NOWHERE....
Old 01-08-2009, 08:41 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Originally Posted by bigben320e
Dude, I don't think this will happen. I mean never. Here's why:

1. This "bet" has been circulated for more than a year.
2. It's been JRCart with his neck out all of the time, he seems to really want to do it. I am not what's the deal with Jangy. (No disrespect)
3. The places, times, and rules get set only to get popped right before the event to take place.
4. The thread is 5 DAMN pages of talking. Nothing is concrete, and nothing is nailed down. Still.
5. JRCart set the terms, money amount, date, and place. This is the most to come as of yet for the event. Not to take sides, but JRCart has put it down and not just talk.
6. JRCart wants is so bad, he is willing to out 5K against nothing to lose on Jangy's end. Full commit is still not done.

This makes me just want to say the hell with it. I was all hyped, as I am sure everyone else was and ready to see this thing happen. It sucks.
Yes, I want to do this very badly, I will be at both events next week regardless. Not only did I set the bets and the amounts this time, I have offered several times on this thread to have Jangy re-negotiate the terms of this bet/race. Jangy challenged me to the $10,000 drag race in Vegas a few months back and then backed out when I said I was game.

I am open to any reasonable offer, but if he wants some crazy azz advantage he's nuts. Afterall the only reason I am pushing the issue is becasue (not to sound like a broken record) he claimed his car was faster adn he was a better road course driver, so a 2 second advantage should be icing on the cake for him.

Jangy, I will ask you once again, what would "motivate" you to show up...make me an offer.
Old 01-08-2009, 08:49 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Originally Posted by HYEPWR
Not to defend Jangy.....but .......All his "bravado" about being faster than jcart is about GOING IN A STRAIGHT LINE

I say you keep trying the heads-up Drag race...this is going NOWHERE....
Great idea, lets see if Jangy takes the bait.

I will be at the Famoso MB World drag meet on the 17th, let's see if Jangy shows up. I'm not even going to offer a wager on that race, I will let him set the amount of $$, but I can tell I do have 2 rules, it's a heads up race on a tree and it's run what you brung, because the first thing out of Jangy's mouth is going to be (in a babies voice) "un-hook your bottle"...mark my words. He will suddenly start claiming a N/A 63 motor is as good as Blown 55 motor, but for the last year all us 63 owners have had to listen to Jangy preach about how bad the 63 motor is compared to the 55, "junk" is what I think he calls them.

Name your price at the 1/4 mile Jangy, heads up anything goes!!!!!!!!
Old 01-08-2009, 09:28 PM

Great idea, lets see if Jangy takes the bait.

I will be at the Famoso MB World drag meet on the 17th, let's see if Jangy shows up. I'm not even going to offer a wager on that race, I will let him set the amount of $$, but I can tell I do have 2 rules, it's a heads up race on a tree and it's run what you brung, because the first thing out of Jangy's mouth is going to be (in a babies voice) "un-hook your bottle"...mark my words. He will suddenly start claiming a N/A 63 motor is as good as Blown 55 motor, but for the last year all us 63 owners have had to listen to Jangy preach about how bad the 63 motor is compared to the 55, "junk" is what I think he calls them.

Name your price at the 1/4 mile Jangy, heads up anything goes!!!!!!!!

Why the suspension?

You have already rated this thread Rating: Thread Rating: 0 votes,  average.

Quick Reply: JANGY vs. JRCART Willow Springs $5000.00 Shootout