Sponsored by:

Thinking about buying a 2007 E63

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 02-11-2009, 09:37 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
none right now
Thinking about buying a 2007 E63

Hi guys, First post here. I drove an e63 the other day and liked it a lot. I'm usually a BMW guy bit kinda hate the new BMW's. And foolishly sold my 540. Anyway... I liked the E63 a LOT. But I noticed the transmission was a little jerky in sport mode. Then I read that this jerkiness is/can be a problem in these cars.

Then I read that there's a big issue with brake squeal.

the car I'm looking at is pre-owned with 18K mi. on it.

What should I be prepared for? Should I ask the dealer to check on any 'upgrades' like the newer brake pads or any transmission fixes since the car was born?

I'm a VERY particular guy. I want a car to act like it costs 100K when it costs 100K. Or in my case, around 60K. Is this the car for me?

Thanks very much!!!:
Old 02-11-2009, 09:52 PM

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
2008 Mercedes Benz E63 AMG, 2017 Porsche Macan S
Originally Posted by mostel
Hi guys, First post here. I drove an e63 the other day and liked it a lot. I'm usually a BMW guy bit kinda hate the new BMW's. And foolishly sold my 540. Anyway... I liked the E63 a LOT. But I noticed the transmission was a little jerky in sport mode. Then I read that this jerkiness is/can be a problem in these cars.

Then I read that there's a big issue with brake squeal.

the car I'm looking at is pre-owned with 18K mi. on it.

What should I be prepared for? Should I ask the dealer to check on any 'upgrades' like the newer brake pads or any transmission fixes since the car was born?

I'm a VERY particular guy. I want a car to act like it costs 100K when it costs 100K. Or in my case, around 60K. Is this the car for me?

Thanks very much!!!:
This is the best car I've ever owned. I just clicked one year of ownership. No problems at all. I'm a finicky car owner, with rattles and off-noises bothering me. So far, my E63 has been rock solid and quiet. Gives me the opportunity to enjoy the awesome sounds from the engine and exhaust.

I guess I've been lucky with no brake squeal (knock on wood), and the transmission only jerks once in a while, while in "S" mode, but I drive most of the time, in "C" mode.

This is the car for me. It's the most balanced car I've ever owned.
Old 02-12-2009, 09:01 AM

Received 57 Likes on 32 Posts
2006 E55 Wagon (RIP), 2019 E63S Wagon (Sold) 2023 AMG GT634S
Comfort mode? Brake squeal? Bothered by aggressive shifts?

Can I interest you in a nice E350? (with Sport package - I'll at least give you that...)
Old 02-13-2009, 11:42 AM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
08 E63 Wagon
Mine does have some more aggressive shifting in sport mode and at times it feels like the transmission is dragging the wheels but I think this is how it is. I have no brake squeal, Some random rattles that come and go. I can't descipline myself behind the wheel, only getting 14mpg