So I got called out by a K3 E55...

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 02-19-2009, 09:16 AM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts
Your worst nightmare...
Originally Posted by tuningtechnician
Yo bro when is this going down? I have a HDV Sony Pro HD movie camera that I am using for the TT C6 build we are starting this week. You gotta check this thing out!

Tell me or Oxygen when you"re rolling and we'll roll some film SON!
You got it!! LOL!....Let's see if we could set it up for next weekend as i know chris will be traveling this week.

That build up will be crazy! He will need steam rollers for traction...lol.
Old 02-19-2009, 09:23 AM

Received 3 Likes on 2 Posts
2011 Black C63 Eurocharged V5
Are you guys joking??

Remove the exhaust??? 100 octane??? no air filters??

Arent you guys just a couple of friends having a blast down the road to see how your cars stack up?? The above steps are what you do if youre racing a guy for money or hate a guy.

Just run like you guys do every day. I hate watching a video and then hearing all these "BUT'S"

BUT he was on race gas
BUT he had his filters out
BUT he had an extra passenger
BUT he had DR's
BUT I had crappy tires...

ECT ECT....

BTW...you guys are calling it a K3, but it sounds like it has everything but cams. I thought that cams were shown to be of very little help. either way....tune/pulley/headers/TB/HE/Exhaust is pretty much everything.

As for the outcome....I suspect the E55 puts about 1/2 a car on you and you guys are pretty even after that initial jump.

good luck..
Old 02-19-2009, 09:34 AM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Your worst nightmare...
Originally Posted by HYEPWR
Are you guys joking??

Arent you guys just a couple of friends having a blast down the road to see how your cars stack up?? The above steps are what you do if youre racing a guy for money or hate a guy.

, we have got a love and hate relationship...if he beats me we will never hear the end of it...lol! I hear you though, I hate "what if", "could of", "should of"....just run what you got....
Old 02-19-2009, 09:58 AM

Originally Posted by V12Godspeed
, we have got a love and hate relationship...if he beats me we will never hear the end of it...lol! I hear you though, I hate "what if", "could of", "should of"....just run what you got....
Who cares if he puts 3 CARS on you??

Your car is STOCK!!

Deep inside he knows that he has everything done and you are stock....

Once you get the VRP875....You'll be able to get to 140mph....stop...get out of your car and wave at him before he catches up to you...
Old 02-19-2009, 10:56 AM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
somethings better left unsaid ...
^^ LOL

Good luck with the race V12Godspeed and cant wait to see the video ..
Old 02-19-2009, 11:18 AM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Received 52 Likes on 45 Posts
'14 E63S & '14 Audi SQ5
I think you are nuts if you are going to take the air filters out. There is a sponsor here in LI who has BMC filters. Buy those and pop them in....going unfiltered is kind of wreckless..especially with cost of replacing an engine or turbos if debris gets in there...

Tom
Old 02-19-2009, 11:41 AM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Your worst nightmare...
Originally Posted by TMC M5
I think you are nuts if you are going to take the air filters out. There is a sponsor here in LI who has BMC filters. Buy those and pop them in....going unfiltered is kind of wreckless..especially with cost of replacing an engine or turbos if debris gets in there...

Tom
Putting in High flow filters tom...lol!
Old 02-19-2009, 08:31 PM
Banned

02 S500 Sport
So whats the scheduled date for this showdown?
Old 02-19-2009, 09:00 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Received 38 Likes on 37 Posts
E55
Ohh trust me I have all the mentioned above:

Camera- check
100 Octane- Check
Air filter removal- check
Reset ECU/TCU- check

I will have to bring my brother to record though...even more weight- check...

Cool. Ask the E55 to run with a passenger with camera as well. Now you have 2 camera angles.
Old 02-19-2009, 10:30 PM
Out Of Control!!

Received 94 Likes on 77 Posts
haters crazy
Originally Posted by URnext
Are these #'s from Kleeman's dyno?
Kleemann does not report whp on their dyno
Old 02-20-2009, 03:00 AM

SL55 AMG
Originally Posted by blackbenzz
Kleemann does not report whp on their dyno
Thats why I asked, I thought maybe the "rwhp" was a typo............very strong #'s
Old 02-20-2009, 03:10 AM
Banned

SL600
Are you guys joking??

Just run like you guys do every day. I hate watching a video and then hearing all these "BUT'S"

BUT he was on race gas
BUT he had his filters out
BUT he had an extra passenger
BUT he had DR's
BUT I had crappy tires...

ECT ECT....

BTW...you guys are calling it a K3, but it sounds like it has everything but cams. I thought that cams were shown to be of very little help. either way....tune/pulley/headers/TB/HE/Exhaust is pretty much everything.

As for the outcome....I suspect the E55 puts about 1/2 a car on you and you guys are pretty even after that initial jump.

good luck..
No, were not joking. Were actually serious. I don't see the problem. The K3 has no excuse if he loses. None. Even with the race fuel, exhaust/air filters removed. He has nothing.

And besides, the other doesn't have to know he's running his 65 juiced on 100 octane

All in good fun!
Old 02-20-2009, 09:33 AM

Originally Posted by Akademiks
No, were not joking. Were actually serious. I don't see the problem. The K3 has no excuse if he loses. None. Even with the race fuel, exhaust/air filters removed. He has nothing.

And besides, the other doesn't have to know he's running his 65 juiced on 100 octane

All in good fun!

To each his own I guess----Personally, it feels like cheating to me. Like guys that take out their seats, spare at the track......or take out their headlight.....if you are comparing STREET CARS---run them in street trim. I know guys that run with 104 octane all the time(i use to do this when there was a pump next door to my workplace)....or run on DR all the time---that to me is fine---thats ur everyday street trim. But if youre ordering special gas....filling ur tires with nitrogen ect ect just for the ONE TIME race....its seems like cheating and pointless.

Where do you draw the line??

why not totally strip the car? Install some "SNEAKY PETE" nitrous shot?

The whole point is to be able to say;

"the car I drive to work every day is faster than the car you drive to work everyday"

Once you go down the other road---it becomes an exercise of who can cheat more and who's willing to push the envelope further than the other guy(see Olympic drug use)

Just my opinion....
Old 02-20-2009, 09:41 AM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Your worst nightmare...

All in good fun!
This K3 will go down ...I promise...Hehehe, Just joking but did I say my car makes 565 RWHP stock? All this with a 5 gallon water reservoir I put over the summer,....that;s not even with the cat delete and exhaust I am putting TODAY....

All I am saying is it will be close....

Race going down either this weekend or next one...
Old 02-20-2009, 10:39 AM
MBWorld Fanatic!

'14 E63S & '14 Audi SQ5
To each his own I guess----Personally, it feels like cheating to me. Like guys that take out their seats, spare at the track......or take out their headlight.....if you are comparing STREET CARS---run them in street trim. I know guys that run with 104 octane all the time(i use to do this when there was a pump next door to my workplace)....or run on DR all the time---that to me is fine---thats ur everyday street trim. But if youre ordering special gas....filling ur tires with nitrogen ect ect just for the ONE TIME race....its seems like cheating and pointless.

"the car I drive to work every day is faster than the car you drive to work everyday"

Once you go down the other road---it becomes an exercise of who can cheat more and who's willing to push the envelope further than the other guy(see Olympic drug use)

Just my opinion....
I run around with 100 octane gas on the street about 10% of the time. I probably do the same without having the spare in the back. Not sure that makes me a 10% "cheater" if I do the same at the track.

I look at the track as 'what is the best times/speeds I can attain in an optimized condition'. Think of it as our cars are kind of like professional bodybuilders...or more appropriately world class sprinters. These guys/gals prepare to optimize their performance for an event. The sprinters are running on surfaces that are pretty specialized...their track shoes are extremely light weight and customized. Could these sprinters run the same times down the street in sneakers....no way. But when they are competing on the track they are on equal footing (pun intended) with the other competitors.

Tom

Last edited by TMC M5; 02-20-2009 at 10:49 AM.
Old 02-20-2009, 11:01 AM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Your worst nightmare...

Just my opinion....
Everything you have mentioned is to an extreme my friend. Only thing I will be adding to car is 100 octane...other than that car has had cat delete and a few other little bolt ons. I have a full interior, never have heard about Nitrogen filled tires, what ever that is....I run what I bring...and trust me I will bring it.

I am sure he will do the same the day of the race, no one wants to go home with their tail between their legs.
Old 02-22-2009, 03:13 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

'14 E63S & '14 Audi SQ5
Everything you have mentioned is to an extreme my friend. Only thing I will be adding to car is 100 octane...other than that car has had cat delete and a few other little bolt ons. I have a full interior, never have heard about Nitrogen filled tires, what ever that is....I run what I bring...and trust me I will bring it.

I am sure he will do the same the day of the race, no one wants to go home with their tail between their legs.
Did this go down yet?

Tom
Old 02-22-2009, 04:02 PM
Administrator

Received 516 Likes on 111 Posts
Drives Slowly
Originally Posted by TMC M5
Did this go down yet?

Tom
Are you serious? Jody will not even show up for that race. I know he is afraid , apprehensive and even panicky about the likely results of a showdown with a K3 E55.

I'll let you all in on a little secret........ V12Godspeed changed his screen name. "When", you may ask?......how about right after I called him out to race my K3 E55.

BTW, I will not respond to any personal attacks and this is the only website that my screen name is Rock.

Old 02-22-2009, 04:10 PM
Banned

SL600

What...?
Old 02-22-2009, 04:14 PM
Administrator

Received 516 Likes on 111 Posts
Drives Slowly

What...?
That's right, he changed his screen name in an attempt to hide from me. Can you imagine anyone doing that?
Old 02-22-2009, 04:15 PM
Banned

SL600
Originally Posted by Rock
That's right, he changed his screen name in an attempt to hide from me. Can you imagine anyone doing that?
So who is he?

You have the E55 he is supposed to run?
Old 02-22-2009, 04:16 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts
997TT, R8 V10+, G550, Plaid S
i don't see why it's such a big deal. two pretty evenly matched cars, mid 11s for both. should be a good race
Old 02-22-2009, 04:18 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Received 38 Likes on 37 Posts
E55
Daaaam!
Old 02-22-2009, 04:20 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
04 w211 E55
Hey I'll use my stock 55 as CAMERA car if its in NY area lol
Old 02-22-2009, 04:50 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

'14 E63S & '14 Audi SQ5
Originally Posted by Rock
Are you serious? Jody will not even show up for that race. I know he is afraid , apprehensive and even panicky about the likely results of a showdown with a K3 E55.

I'll let you all in on a little secret........ V12Godspeed changed his screen name. "When", you may ask?......how about right after I called him out to race my K3 E55.

BTW, I will not respond to any personal attacks and this is the only website that my screen name is Rock.

Tom

You have already rated this thread Rating: Thread Rating: 0 votes,  average.

Quick Reply: So I got called out by a K3 E55...