W211 AMG Discuss the W211 AMG's such as the E55 and the E63

MHP Stage 2 WOT Fly By Vids

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 02-28-2009 | 12:34 AM
Former Vendor of MBWorld

C55,SL55,C63
Originally Posted by bobgodd
I'm well aware of all that. I guess it was a bad analogy. What I'm saying is, that even in this package (AMG MBZ) it is not a requirement to have it sound like a roaring beast. Now whether an individual wants it that way or not, is a different story.
I agree. But you have to admit that C63 does sound mean. I tell you what though I love the sound of a v10 M5 with exhaust work.
Old 02-28-2009 | 12:59 AM
MBWorld Fanatic!

2004 E55
Originally Posted by hooleyboy
I agree. But you have to admit that C63 does sound mean. I tell you what though I love the sound of a v10 M5 with exhaust work.
Oh believe me, I love the way it sounds!!
Old 02-28-2009 | 04:04 PM
Banned

several
I guess my post can be read in a negative way so let me try to explain. I actually think that it sounds completely badass, and a lot of cars on the road strive for that sound. I would have killed for my Z06 or my Z28 to have sounded like that. It just looks a little weird coming from a Benz sedan thats all
No need to explain bobgodd, understood. Believe it or not we think AMG wanted the sound of American muscle coming from a stock C63 because the "resonators" are actually an H-pipe (with .5" dia crossover tube) making for a deeper "old school" muscle sound.

Originally Posted by nrgy
And that's what makes it so cool

Originally Posted by FRC Z51
That's the beauty of it! Mercedes + V8 muscle + comfort = Everything you need in life!
As much as it sounds powerful, I don't think it's spot on to a Vette,F-body, Stang in terms of tone--perhaps most importantly to the owners themselves, on the inside the stock note hasn't changed. It's just more clear (less muddy) and moderately louder at WOT. Warm idle and part throttle aren't much different than stock and this is without any cats. With cats the difference vs stock pertaining to volume won't be as significant.

Lets call a spade a spade here. AMG is a new era of Muscle cars.

When You want to get the most power out of your AMG or muscle car that type of sound is a trade off you have to be willing to take. Not for everyone sure, But its a must for the power hungry gear heads.
Very true hooleyboy. If you want every last drop of power (we think most will just get the LTs and mids paired to the stock catback) our 3" X-pipe, resonators, straight through mufflers back to revised tailpipes will be available to connect to the existing system shortly. It will no doubt be loud, but that's why we offer choices in cat cell count and two types of mufflers, to let the consumer dictate exactly how he/she wants their vehicle to sound.

You should consider renaming your videos on youtube, so when people search for C63 exhaust they can find your vids. Might gain a few extra customers that way.
Good idea. I'll try to do that asap. Thanks.

Andy can't wait to do the exhaust on the M5. We both love the way the 5.0L V10 sounds at 8500rpm, it is TRULY exotic, but there just isn't enough volume.
Old 02-28-2009 | 04:44 PM
Former Vendor of MBWorld

C55,SL55,C63
The M5 at the local AZ track meet sounded so good.
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=TBvXVe-UIb8