W211 AMG Discuss the W211 AMG's such as the E55 and the E63
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Anyone from Hawaii with Tuner info

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 02-28-2009, 07:10 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
2009 Nissan 370z Sport; 2005 AMG E55; 2005 Subaru Legacy GT LMT; 2004 Honda Element EX
Anyone from Hawaii with Tuner info

I was just wondering if there is anyone on these forums from Honolulu, HI with tuning info?

I was looking at doing exhaust modifications at the most so that at least it would sound like the beast it really is...probably by the cross pipes, new mufflers, and headers at the most....

But being on Hawaii, there are limiting resources to work on a Mercedes that I know of for tuning after parts go on and to clear any codes if any due to increased exhaust flow (ie 02 sensor seeing too much flow). I know of a mechanic/shop for non-dealership items to wrench on my car, and just bought the extended warranty for another 2 years....But anyone know if one can tune here or if there are any resources/hand electronic tool to flash a map or clear/check codes?

I ask since this car has been on the market for a while now and figure a company must have made something to accomplish this. Since my other car is a 2005 Subaru Legacy GT, Cobb makes an AP to flash pretuned maps, clear codes, etc, and there are tuners who come to Hawaii to dyno tune...any such luck for my Mercedes?
Old 02-28-2009, 08:08 PM
Former Vendor of MBWorld

W211 E55
LET can ship you a tuning kit and remote-tune your car on the dyno.
Old 02-28-2009, 09:02 PM

2009 Nissan 370z Sport; 2005 AMG E55; 2005 Subaru Legacy GT LMT; 2004 Honda Element EX
Went to their website,...

Would be easier if they sent you the software so they dont have to send the laptop, but maybe cause they have it all setup with the handheld apparatus....

Anyone do this yet and can comment on the results?

Last edited by abakja1; 02-28-2009 at 09:12 PM.
Old 02-28-2009, 11:08 PM

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
2024 G63, 2021 X7M50i
I'm from Honolulu and I couldn't find anyone to work on my merc so I moved to Seattle
Old 03-01-2009, 07:44 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Received 26 Likes on 22 Posts
1996 E320, 2018 Ducati Panigale V4S, 2012 1199 Panigale
For exhaust, go to ESH down in town, or barrs muffler in Kaneohe. Bob Barr is down for whatever, old perverted guy...the shop is on kahuhipa (sp) street near windward mall. For wheels, contact Stacy at Nu Image in Wahiawa, he also does mean fender rolling. Tell him Justin Lam sent you from mbworld. Performance stuff, I would contact sonics down near sand island. Dyno, i would say endless garage, but then shut down a couple years ago...so Hypersports is the only one that I know of now who has a dyno, they are located off of nimitz. There is also Volksgerman, but I have no experience with them but have had friends who have. Enjoy your tuning, as a modded AMG is rare in the 808.....hence why I cant wait to move back....sigh

Last edited by FlatlineEF9; 03-01-2009 at 07:46 PM.
Old 03-01-2009, 09:14 PM

Thanks Flatline for the info,..

Some of that info is a little outdated and //i have some experiences with Barr's Kaneohe,...dont like their welds but varies to who does the work...I like ESH, but again probably go to Waipahu side or go to Rad's in Waipahu since they have a dyno and I know them more since I have been doing my ProTune Dynos with my Subaru and a mainland tuner this and several times last year...

Im sure getting parts I can get via internet and wrenching I can do or have the shop I go to do it since Im looking for exhaust only. But I need a way/tool to clear codes or a tuner who comes down sometimes locally or somehow since a full exhaust will throw a code, or to get max power.

Originally Posted by FlatlineEF9
For exhaust, go to ESH down in town, or barrs muffler in Kaneohe. Bob Barr is down for whatever, old perverted guy...the shop is on kahuhipa (sp) street near windward mall. For wheels, contact Stacy at Nu Image in Wahiawa, he also does mean fender rolling. Tell him Justin Lam sent you from mbworld. Performance stuff, I would contact sonics down near sand island. Dyno, i would say endless garage, but then shut down a couple years ago...so Hypersports is the only one that I know of now who has a dyno, they are located off of nimitz. There is also Volksgerman, but I have no experience with them but have had friends who have. Enjoy your tuning, as a modded AMG is rare in the 808.....hence why I cant wait to move back....sigh
Old 03-01-2009, 10:20 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

yeah, i moved to cali in 05 so my info is back from my honda tuning days back there. rads is cool, i had a few friends who worked/work there (wade, jarod). i just dont like them because they are notorious for welding on tips pointing downwards. Steve at MbenzNL does a hawaii tour as well, you can PM him to set something up...he comes out there with SDS and everything from what im told. I wasnt aware that a full exhaust will throw a code. *shrugs*
Old 03-01-2009, 10:21 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Oh, and for barrs, im not sure if its still the same crew...but the haole guy stinks at welding and the sole guy is pretty good.
Old 03-02-2009, 03:46 AM

Yeah,,,the guys at Rads got some serious Hondas I heard...Fun car to mod and make fast, just wouldnt own one foor fear of getting it stolen and all the attention it would get from cops...

I should make an arrangement to get the e55 dyno'd to find out oem numbers...BTW,..who is MbenzNL?
Old 03-02-2009, 07:49 PM

2005 AMG E55
Howzit abakja1.

I did most of what you did already. Here's what it boils down to in Hawaii. I use Nan Southichack from A-1 Euro Auto since he has SDS. He did my -10 degree mod and services. Planning on going back to lower my E55 via Star.

For Exhaust, I plan to use RAD Motorsport. Besides being good friends and clients of mine, they have a mandrel bender and dynojet so you can do some before and after runs to see performance difference. I already did a baseline dyno bone stock to get results prior to modding.

After numerous of hours on these forums and from our situation in Hawaii, I plan to go with LET Motorsports for a 180 mm pulley kit, upgraded HE and Johnson CM30 pump for starters. That may be all I do with exception to 80mm throttle body and shorty headers.

I made contact with Jerry from LET already and got a quote. Going to have Nan at A-1 install parts (I might just do this myself since its so simple, just time consuming) , have RAD do X-pipe and resonator delete for sound, and tune done remote from my garage by Jerry from LET. Then take the beast back to RAD to post dyno.

Time is so hard for me now but I plan do this during the summer. Let me know and maybe we can work something out with Jerry for a discounted rate and dual tune with one kit.
Old 03-03-2009, 07:44 AM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Originally Posted by abakja1
Yeah,,,the guys at Rads got some serious Hondas I heard...Fun car to mod and make fast, just wouldnt own one foor fear of getting it stolen and all the attention it would get from cops...

I should make an arrangement to get the e55 dyno'd to find out oem numbers...BTW,..who is MbenzNL?

Steve at MbenzNL flies over to the US and does lots of SDS and euro conversion mods.
Old 03-04-2009, 02:33 AM

That is more that I would want to do as Im thinking exhaust mods only. Just saw the thread by VRP for the #3 bolt on and what I was looking for. Simply bolt on since I just bought the extended warranty.

I figure I may need something to clear any codes myself if there is any due to increased flow out of the exhaust monitored by the o2 sensors as my Subaru threw a code due to a turbo back exhaust.

I've been to RADs a few times now as that is where I get my ProTunes from Jarrad of PDX when there are I-club dyno tunes...Im done with my Subaru now and just want a nicer sounding exhaust.

I also go to Nam (Nam right? Not Nan?) at A1 Auto...Should ask about the -10 degree mod. What does this exactly do? Sounds like getting a cooler thermostat installed and fans come on earlier?

Anyways,..want to mod my car just a little to get a the exhaust note I want and be able to check/clear codes on my own if its possible...

Originally Posted by dpavid
Howzit abakja1.

I did most of what you did already. Here's what it boils down to in Hawaii. I use Nan Southichack from A-1 Euro Auto since he has SDS. He did my -10 degree mod and services. Planning on going back to lower my E55 via Star.

For Exhaust, I plan to use RAD Motorsport. Besides being good friends and clients of mine, they have a mandrel bender and dynojet so you can do some before and after runs to see performance difference. I already did a baseline dyno bone stock to get results prior to modding.

After numerous of hours on these forums and from our situation in Hawaii, I plan to go with LET Motorsports for a 180 mm pulley kit, upgraded HE and Johnson CM30 pump for starters. That may be all I do with exception to 80mm throttle body and shorty headers.

I made contact with Jerry from LET already and got a quote. Going to have Nan at A-1 install parts (I might just do this myself since its so simple, just time consuming) , have RAD do X-pipe and resonator delete for sound, and tune done remote from my garage by Jerry from LET. Then take the beast back to RAD to post dyno.

Time is so hard for me now but I plan do this during the summer. Let me know and maybe we can work something out with Jerry for a discounted rate and dual tune with one kit.
Old 03-04-2009, 01:03 PM

2005 AMG E55
So a former i-club subby! Nice. STI is a fun car. My brother had one of the first black ones once they came out. He had a Blue WRX first and traded it in when once the STI came out. I think he was part of the club too. He dumped the STI and now he drives an Acura TL Type S. I'm a former Acura/Honda guy myself. I guess we're all kinda of growing up, but not really.

-10 degree mod simply turns on cooling fans 10 degrees celsius sooner. You cn install the PTE 130 thermostat, a cooler one from stock, to have it turn on even sooner. Its a simple SDS mod i found in these forums. After one hard pull, the fans will be on. I waked Nan though it while he did my Service A and it was done in less than 30 seconds.