Sponsored by:

Sirius Radio install

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 03-13-2009, 07:15 PM

Received 36 Likes on 28 Posts
2019 GLE 63 S Coupe 2020 E 63 S
Sirius Radio install

First, READ THE STARTEK BULLETIN!!! The whole install took about 3 hours, having never done this before, the only thing close would be I installed the bluetooth into my car too. Everything is very straight forward when you follow the startek bulletin. The only thing that the bulletin does not mention is the fact of moving a fuse and relay block about 4 inches from the body to the new bracket the holds the sirius module.

I did end up drilling the hole and installing the (wart) on the trunk. The only reason went this route as opposed to hiding it under the rear deck, was because where I drive has a lot of trees and the reception isn't that great. I had it under the deck in my old e class and I hated the fact of reception cutting out all the time.

The entire install is accessible thru the trunk. You have to remove the right trunk liner and the floor liner and the access cover in front of the spare tire.

Everything is plug and play, all the connectors are the appropriate lenghts, once things are installed there are a few items that need to be rezip tied to keep neat and out the way of any sharp edges.

Everything works, even before version coding. Yet I will take it into the dealer to make sure that the MOST ring is properly programmed.

Most of the tools required are simple hand tools, a few specialty items.

If I were to do it over again I would probably be able to do it in about 2 hours. I didn't have any hang ups or problems the first time but I was being very careful. I hope this helps a few people wondering how difficult the install was. PM me with any questions if you have any specific questions.
Old 03-13-2009, 09:04 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Received 11 Likes on 11 Posts
E-ZGO 53hp., 1999 E 430 sport, 2004 E 55, 2008 Tahoe LTZ on 24"s
congrats.

Good Job, We love DIYs around here, snap a few pics, next project.
And if you add the I pod interface here is the DIY.
https://mbworld.org/forums/w211-amg/...d-install.html
Old 03-13-2009, 09:23 PM

Received 36 Likes on 28 Posts
2019 GLE 63 S Coupe 2020 E 63 S
Originally Posted by Yacht Master
Good Job, We love DIYs around here, snap a few pics, next project.
And if you add the I pod interface here is the DIY.
https://mbworld.org/forums/w211-amg/...d-install.html
jesus.... that install of the ipod makes my install of the sirius like childs play. the bluetooth was even easier than the sirius.