Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Tuning Questions

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 03-22-2009, 09:18 AM
PDC

Received 14 Likes on 6 Posts
2006 SL65 ///AMG - GONE BUT NOT FORGOTTEN: 2005 E55; 2002 ML55; 2001 CLK55; 1992 BMW 850i; 1991 M5
Tuning Questions

I have been hanging around this board for quite a while and I am so impressed with the degree of technicall knowledge the E55 drivers seem to have amassed over the years. Here is my question:

I have an 05 E55 with a Kleemann Stage I ECU flash and pulley. I have also added a PTE thermostat and the Evosport cooling kit and resonator delete kit.

I just got ahold of a VRP CF airbox that shoud be installed nest week. I am planning on buying a set of the VRP exhaust manifolds this summer. Will the airbox and manifolds cause me to need an ECU re-flash? I understand the VRP manifolds are a noticable improvement over the stockers, but they admittedly do not flow as much as a true set of 'headers' either shorty or long tube. I know I would need to adjust things in the ECU to accommodate a set of long-tubes. I am just wondering if the VRPs are close enough to the parameters of a Kleemann Stage I ECU tune that the car will run well without more ECU tinkering.

FYI - I know I could get more 'bang' out of a set of long-tubes like some of you guys have, but I'm kind of on a budget and I think Victor makes really amazing stuff for a reasonable sum. I also really like the fact that these will bolt up to the factory exhaust with out modification. Victor's look every bit as effective as RennTechs for about a third the cost!

P.S. What do you all think of Evosport plug wires? I'm sure they are top-notch quality, but is there any performance to be found over stock plug wires on these cars? For $500.00, I am seriously considering a set and having my tech install them along with new plugs during the exhaust manifold swap - no easier time.
Old 03-23-2009, 02:15 PM
PDC

Received 14 Likes on 6 Posts
2006 SL65 ///AMG - GONE BUT NOT FORGOTTEN: 2005 E55; 2002 ML55; 2001 CLK55; 1992 BMW 850i; 1991 M5
Anyone? ... Anyone at all???

I thought I would have had at least a few responses to this post by now! Does anyone on this forum have a set of Victor's High Flow exhaust manifolds?? Did you also re-flash your ECU at the time of install? How about those EVO plug wires? Anyone running aftermarket plug wires with any feedback to share?

Thank you all!!!