W211 AMG Discuss the W211 AMG's such as the E55 and the E63
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

e55 deposit:hold it even if I'm not positive I'll own the car for more than 2 months?

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 01-29-2003, 05:23 PM

Received 72 Likes on 51 Posts
--
e55 deposit:hold it even if I'm not positive I'll own the car for more than 2 months?

I have a number 4 or 5 slot at a large Midwestern dealer (Chicago suburbs) for an E55..but am pretty certain I'll be in NYC when my car arrives in fall/winter (whenever it ends up being).
Having lived in NY, NY before, I don't think there is a chance in hell I'll want my E55 out there...not until I return to Chicago.

So....do I keep the spot and try to flip the car or just give up the spot? I'm not hard up for money, but, I wouldn't mind scalping that bad boy for 10G instead of giving up my slot.
Old 01-29-2003, 05:26 PM

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
IMO try to sell the slot or flip the car once it comes in. Or, why not just buy it and store it until you get back? How long will you be in NYC? IMO it'll take quite a while to get another if you let this one go.
Old 01-29-2003, 05:31 PM

Received 72 Likes on 51 Posts
--
I agree with that...I don't want to lose this car/spot. But it's hard for me to justify keeping that in the garage. My wife will kill me if I drop the 80 some on a car she's not equipped to drive (she's staying in Chi-town)...so if I get out of this spot I have, I might just roll the deposit to a 4matic. I feel a little more comfortable if she's driving that instead while I'm gone.
Old 01-29-2003, 07:38 PM

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
E55+Chicago Winter=very pissed off wife. Sell the slot... or find her something she likes first and buy it for her, THEN you're free and clear. (How's she feel about an ML or a Volvo XC90??? )
Old 01-29-2003, 07:54 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
How many of your dealers out there allow slot brokering?
I recently asked my dealer about their policy of on 'exchanging' order slots with others and he said they don't allow it--failure to take delivery just means the next person on the list moves up a spot.
Is this the rule or the exception?