Sponsored by:

Funny Comment

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 03-26-2009, 10:39 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
E63, S550
Funny Comment

I was on my way home in the streets of Anaheim Hills and I pull up to a stop light with a VW GTR (I think that's what it is, the little two door hatch) to my right.

Anyways, when the light turns green I drive like normal: medium throttle. Around 30 mph I hear the swoosh of a turbo and it was getting louder and louder. I look in my mirror and see the VW at my rear bumper. Since I have to get into his lane I went full throttle, the transmission downshifted and I pulled a few car lengths on him but I decided to stay in my lane. We didn't go too fast, when he heard my car I think he backed off because I was going 80 mph when I looked in my mirror and saw him pretty far back.

When we get to the next red light we are both side by side. My window is down (and so is his) and I hear the passenger tell the driver "it's an AMG, what did you expect?"

When the light turned green I took off 3/4 throttle so he can hear my car again
Old 03-27-2009, 07:07 AM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
2006 E55 (white); 2016 GL 550 (white)
Sweet, i'm assuming you removed your badges or he thought they were imitation like his buddies from school.
Old 03-27-2009, 10:17 AM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts
'03 SL55
Funny thing. I had a similar experience about 6 months ago.

I was visiting Pennsylvania outside of Philly and found myself at a red light in a right lane that was about to end. A souped-up VW hatchback was in the center lane next to me.

When the light changed I left at a normal speed, figuring I would merge in behind him if he was fast and ahead of him if he was slow. He decided to go full throttle on the launch. I could hear the engine rev and the turbo spool.

That seemed kind of rude to me so I went full throttle, too, and beat him to the merge point by about three or four car lengths. I eased off the throttle after merging and continued driving near the speed limit so he later caught up to and passed me. However he gave my car's badges a close inspection before passing.