Sponsored by:

Looking for an E55 w211

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 04-06-2009, 04:06 PM

Received 32 Likes on 17 Posts
E63s s213 2019 ,SOLD E63 Weistec, E55, C36
Looking for an E55 w211

as per title, looking at 2004 onward with pana roof, keyless, command low milage.

anything i should avoid? or include?

ive heard about the valeo radiator issue, anything else?

any help appreciated.
Old 04-06-2009, 04:48 PM
Former Vendor of MBWorld

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
W211 E55
Originally Posted by Alps
ive heard about the valeo radiator issue, anything else?

any help appreciated.
I was under the impression that the Valeo issue was with the C32s rather than the E55s.

You will need to immediately replace the Charge Cooler Pump, informally known as the IC pump. The factory units can/will go bad with low miles and without warning. The replacements are anywhere from $125 to $500, with most going for the Johnson CM030 for under $200.

Keyless Go seems to have more than its fair share of issues, largely due to communication between the fob and car. Make sure you change the batteries regularly.

I am a huge fan of the Drive Dynamic seats; the gripping around turns, heated/ventilated massages........ahhhhhhhhh.

The difference in prices between the 04s and 06s have shrunk to the point that one would be best served to look at the latest, lowest-mileage examples available. There are still a few with a balance of factory warranty, and an aftermarket warranty should be included in your budget if factory coverage is not available on any particular car.

The 05 and 06 cars have a slightly more efficient heat exchanger from the factory, but if you're going to an aftermarket unit (highly recommended with increase in boost) it's a moot point.

These cars are made well, but small repairs can add up. Please remember that this was a $90k car new, and its maintenance is still commensurate with that number.

Welcome to the forum, and GOOD LUCK finding the car of your dreams. It's out there, with a nice, shiny AMG badge on the bootlid.
Old 04-07-2009, 07:02 AM

Originally Posted by ChicagoX
I was under the impression that the Valeo issue was with the C32s rather than the E55s.

You will need to immediately replace the Charge Cooler Pump, informally known as the IC pump. The factory units can/will go bad with low miles and without warning. The replacements are anywhere from $125 to $500, with most going for the Johnson CM030 for under $200.

Keyless Go seems to have more than its fair share of issues, largely due to communication between the fob and car. Make sure you change the batteries regularly.

I am a huge fan of the Drive Dynamic seats; the gripping around turns, heated/ventilated massages........ahhhhhhhhh.

The difference in prices between the 04s and 06s have shrunk to the point that one would be best served to look at the latest, lowest-mileage examples available. There are still a few with a balance of factory warranty, and an aftermarket warranty should be included in your budget if factory coverage is not available on any particular car.

The 05 and 06 cars have a slightly more efficient heat exchanger from the factory, but if you're going to an aftermarket unit (highly recommended with increase in boost) it's a moot point.

These cars are made well, but small repairs can add up. Please remember that this was a $90k car new, and its maintenance is still commensurate with that number.

Welcome to the forum, and GOOD LUCK finding the car of your dreams. It's out there, with a nice, shiny AMG badge on the bootlid.
Thanks for that , very usefull, Valeo issue by what ive read on this and other forums does effect the E55 also.

Anyone know what features were standard on the E55 ie; was airmatic suspension standard? duel climate? adaptive xenon?

thanks again in advance!
Old 04-07-2009, 07:40 AM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Received 9 Likes on 9 Posts
S600, GL450, Audi A5 Cab
Originally Posted by ChicagoX
I You will need to immediately replace the Charge Cooler Pump, informally known as the IC pump. The factory units can/will go bad with low miles and without warning. The replacements are anywhere from $125 to $500, with most going for the Johnson CM030 for under $200.

+1

The dynamic seats, IMHO are a MUST have. They truly make everyday driving a treat.

All else stated was dead on as usual ChicagoX

See yeah
Old 04-07-2009, 02:27 PM
Former Vendor of MBWorld

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
W211 E55
Originally Posted by Alps
Anyone know what features were standard on the E55 ie; was airmatic suspension standard? duel climate? adaptive xenon?

thanks again in advance!
I can personally attest to the fact that Adaptive Xenon was not standard issue.

Look for the washer pop-ups on the front bumper, directly in front of the headlights, to ascertain presence of the Xenons.
Old 04-07-2009, 08:14 PM

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
07 E63 AMG / 07 C230 / 14 E350
^+1 Adaptive Xenon isn't a standard issue on this model at all.
Old 04-08-2009, 07:19 AM

cheers guys, was anything else standard on the E55 but not the other w211 models?

helps when searching as sometime not all options are listed on adverts.
Old 04-08-2009, 10:23 AM

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
07 E63 AMG / 07 C230 / 14 E350
Just remember that not all E55 has standard setup. Best way to find out is running VMI. I have keyless go pana roof and airmatic dual control (489) or air suspension semi-active. TPMS (tire pressure monitor system), Active Curve Xenon headlight, and automatic climate control..